There are 162 users in the forums

RT or Spiller @ 13

RT or Spiller @ 13

If there is only 1 of the top 4 OTs (probably williams or bulaga) do you want spiller or the RT. I know everyone wen crazy about 4.27 40 but offical ran 4.37. I would rather have Williams at 13 because I think RT is a bigger hole than rb/pr/kr. Taking spiller at 13 isn't worth overdrafting a second tier OT at 17.

Only way I could find a way to draft spiller at 13 if seattle takes one of the OTs at 6.
If Spiller can block for himself and gore/smith

Im all for it
Depends on what tackle is still available. Personally I'd prefer Spiller over any of the tackles with the exception of Williams.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Depends on what tackle is still available. Personally I'd prefer Spiller over any of the tackles with the exception of Williams.

Depends on who's there. I'm still not opposed to trading down and picking up best instead in the 2nd.
IMO, seeing as how this draft is pretty deep with skilled returners, I would take any of the top four (Okung, Bulaga, Davis, Williams) over Spiller and look for a returner in later rounds.

Edit: That's saying if only ONE of them is left on the board with Spiller. If two of them were left (not likely), and we could get one at 17, then I would take Spiller.

[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Feb 28, 2010 at 13:06:16 ]
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
IMO, seeing as how this draft is pretty deep with skilled returners, I would take any of the top four (Okung, Bulaga, Davis, Williams) over Spiller and look for a returner in later rounds.

Edit: That's saying if only ONE of them is left on the board with Spiller. If two of them were left (not likely), and we could get one at 17, then I would take Spiller.

Not to mention FA
I will be so torn! We could really use both players and I highly doubt either Spiller or T. Williams will last until #17.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Not to mention FA

I doubt we're going to go after a returner in FA. I would have no problem with us signing Sproles, I just don't think we'll do it.

Not to mention FA

Nailed it. Yes, we need a returner, but honestly, that's one of the great strengths of this draft: return men. We can find an exceptional returner in latter rounds and use our 1st pick for the best OT on the board.

Also, people seem to be acting like elite return men only come in the 1st round, when in actuality, most of the best returners are either UDFA (Cribbs) or gotten in later rounds (Sproles - round 4, heck even Stephens-Howling in Ari in round 7).

I realize people want a returner and a scat back, but the fact is as long as Gore is on our roster, we can't really take an RB in the first without causing tension in the locker room. This was a debate last year when we knew we'd select an RB to compliment Gore, and the general opinion was we would not select one in the 1st since he would make almost as much money as Gore, which would be a big no-no. I believe the same rule applies this year.
RT if it's Bulaga or Williams

I think it depends on two things; who is available and what Seattle did at #6.

Depends on who's there. I'm still not opposed to trading down and picking up best instead in the 2nd.

I think Best may have ran his way into the first round today!

If the right offer presents itself then fine, but that doesn't always happen. I'm not going to be Cleveland and trade down for the sake of trading down.

As for the Spiller Best argument. I think Spiller fits alot better because of his great receiving ability and his return ability. You also have to seriously question whether or not Best can take the hits.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 28, 2010 at 13:46:30 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
How many Spiller threads/polls are needed ?
If we really want Spiller (which I personally do), we better take him 13. He won't get past the Seahawks.
Share 49ersWebzone