LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Trindin Holliday

Iv'e heard nothing but we need a dynamic return guy and some people want us to draft all offensive line in the first, well I might have a solution with someone we might be able to grab in a later round. ( Barring big Al isn't reading this) Trindon runs like a rocket just set off, and specializes in returns. Be easy on me its just my third topic.
I wouldn't mind looking at him late but a blazing 40 doesn't mean great return man. Sure does help...but not everyone who runs a 4.3 can do the job.

The guy is fast as hell but he's also tiny. If we don't draft anyone earlier I wouldn't mind looking at this kid in the 6th-7th rounds. Anything earlier than that imo is a waste.
Originally posted by genus49:
I wouldn't mind looking at him late but a blazing 40 doesn't mean great return man. Sure does help...but not everyone who runs a 4.3 can do the job.

The guy is fast as hell but he's also tiny. If we don't draft anyone earlier I wouldn't mind looking at this kid in the 6th-7th rounds. Anything earlier than that imo is a waste.

He did fine @ LSU, i think if he can handle the punishment of the SEC, facing the rams and seahawks is a cakewalk
Totally agree, i like him because I had a chance to watch him as I am a HUGE sec fan, and love Arkansas, which just happens to be LSU's biggest rival and he killed us with his returns for two years in a row. LSU winning one of the games I hate those guys
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by genus49:

He did fine @ LSU, i think if he can handle the punishment of the SEC, facing the rams and seahawks is a cakewalk

Funny as it may be NFL isn't college. Even the special teamers in the NFL are the best of the best. One does not compare with the other.

Drafting a guy that small earlier than the 6th round is not very smart.
I agree it would be a waste to pick him up before than if all he is gonna do is see the field on returns and kickoffs. Plus I don't know Mclueless will draft him because of his size, but who knows.
Originally posted by filthydogma:
I agree it would be a waste to pick him up before than if all he is gonna do is see the field on returns and kickoffs. Plus I don't know Mclueless will draft him because of his size, but who knows.

He drafted Brandon Williams to be a return guy in the 3rd round and he wasn't big. It shows that he is willing to draft small for a small guy.
I'm not sure how new you are to the site, but some of us have talked about him for a while now. He will probably be available from round 5th to 7th. I like him along with Antonio Brown as potential kick returners we draft. This is only if we dont select Spiller, Best or McCluster in the early rounds.

[ Edited by kronik on Feb 27, 2010 at 17:44:20 ]
Share 49ersWebzone