There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock Draft Version 2.0! Let me know what you think!

I don't see Seattle bypassing QB with both of their picks due to their current situation, but who knows?
I know that it's suddnenly popular to show the Rams picking Bradford, but that seems high - they might trade down a couple and select him around 3-5 and get an extra pick in the process.
I think that there is going to be at least 1 trade, and probably 2-3 in the top 20 picks. Should be entertaining.........
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by noobie:
Should at least wait until the end of the combine for another mock. Can't see Dez falling that far. Can easily see giants taking him to replace Plax or Titans to give young a legit #1

Yes, I will revise it if necessary after the combine. But right now, i feel the draft would look something like this. Bryant may drop based off his baggage.

What baggage? The NCAA overreacted. Shocker.

Dez is top 11. Book it.

Eugene Parker + Deion Sanders
thank you
Originally posted by kronik:
Sorry, not feeling this mock. Mainly because of your picking of Earl Thomas. Scotty would never use a high draft pick on a small DB that has tackling issues. Neither would I. There will be much better options with that 17th pick overall.

who would you take at that point with the 17th pick?

I'd take any of these guys over Thomas (if we already used 13 on a OT):

Iupati, Spiller, Graham, Jason Pierre Paul

If we didn't take a OT with 13, I'd take any of these OT's ahead of Thomas:

Bulaga, Davis, Williams, Campbell

So yea, I'd take alot of guys over Thomas. Part of it is because I am high on other safety's available outside of the 1st round:

Chad Jones, Reshard Jones, Kam Chancellor, Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, etc....

Ok first of all:

Spiller, Pierre Paul will be gone before the 17th pick!

Second: So if Scott McC. wont go after an "Undersized" Safety in Earl Thomas, why would he go after an Undersized DE/OLB in Brandon Graham?

Third: I know for a fact Scott McC. will never invest a 1st round pick in a Guard especially the 17the pick overall. So Iupati is out !

If we go BPA: itll be Earl Thomas at that Point. But i do agree, their is a lot of good safeties in this draft. But Thomas/Berry are way above the others in talent.

You speak as if you are God. Since you know so many "facts", let's see how accurate you are with the first 17 picks. I admit I don't know exactly how the draft will play out and you don't either.

Oh regarding Graham. He is not undersized. Get it straight. He is 266 lbs LB. He is 6-1.5. According to alot of NFL scouts/GM's, he's short for a prototypical OLB. For some reason, they like 6-4 guys and over.

As for Thomas, not only is he short, he is LIGHT. Graham is not LIGHT. Graham does not have problems with his tackling skills. Everyone knows about Graham's awesome pass rushing skills, but he is even better aagainst the run (including setting the edge).

Oh, as for your "I know Scotty would never take a guard in the first round BS" You do know he is the one that pushed the Seahawks to take Hutchison in the 1st round right???????????

What he doesn't agree or like to do is PAY guards alot of money. He has NEVER said he would never draft a guard in the first round.

Look, I'm not looking for an argument. You put up a thread asking people to let you know what we think. I did that while respecting your opinion. Why are you so offended that I don't like your mock where you selected a small little safety who can't tackle?

[ Edited by kronik on Feb 27, 2010 at 19:28:26 ]
Sorry, not feeling this mock. Mainly because of your picking of Earl Thomas. Scotty would never use a high draft pick on a small DB that has tackling issues. Neither would I. There will be much better options with that 17th pick overall.

So yea, I'd take alot of guys over Thomas. Part of it is because I am high on other safety's available outside of the 1st round:

Ok first of all:

Second: So if Scott McC. wont go after an "Undersized" Safety in Earl Thomas, why would he go after an Undersized DE/OLB in Brandon Graham?

Third: I know for a fact Scott McC. will never invest a 1st round pick in a Guard especially the 17the pick overall. So Iupati is out !

If we go BPA: itll be Earl Thomas at that Point. But i do agree, their is a lot of good safeties in this draft. But Thomas/Berry are way above the others in talent.

You speak as if you are God. Since you know so many "facts", let's see how accurate you are with the first 17 picks. I admit I don't know exactly how the draft will play out.

Oh regarding Graham. He is not undersized. Get it straight. He is 266 lbs LB. He is 6-1.5. According to alot of NFL scouts/GM's, he's short for a prototypical OLB. For some reason, they like 6-4 guys and over.

As for Thomas, not only is he short, he is LIGHT. Graham is not LIGHT. Graham does not have problems with his tackling skills. Everyone knows about Graham's awesome pass rushing skills, but he is even better aagainst the run (including setting the edge).

Oh, as for your "I know Scotty would never take a guard in the first round BS" You do know he is the one that pushed the Seahawks to take Hutchison in the 1st round right???????????

What he doesn't agree or like to do is PAY guards alot of money. He has NEVER said he would never draft a guard in the first round.

Look, I'm not looking for an argument. You put up a thread asking people to let you know what we think. I did that while respecting your opinion. Why are you so offended that I don't like your mock where you selected a small little safety who can't tackle?

Mike Huff anyone
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Jacksonville draft two OT's last year in Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton. They need a pass rusher in the worst way because neither of their high draft pick pass rushers the previous year have turned into anything (Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves).

They would place the OT they'd take at either Guard Position, and will shy away from a DE so early, based off their haunting past of bust top 10-15 DE Selections.

Haunting past or not, you take the highest rated player on your board instead of pushing Williams inside. Can Williams play inside ? Yes, but he would not grade out higher IMO than Iupati as an OG so if they want to take an interior lineman then they should be targeting Iupati. For a team that lacks offensive playmakers I can;t see them passing on Bryant either.

Originally posted by KRS-1:

Jacksonville Jaguars: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

Pittsburgh Steelers: Brandon Graham , DE/OLB Michigan

Cincinnati Bengals: Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State

Arizona Cardinals: Nate Allen, S, South Florida

New York Jets: Sean Witherspoon , OLB Missouri

Jacksonville took back to back OT's in rounds 1 & 2 last year. Why would they take another in the 1st this year.

Pittsburgh has 2 great starters on the edge in their 3-4, can't see them taking a pass rusher who would see very very few snaps. OL & the secondary are much more pressing concerns.

Doubtful Dez Bryant falls that far. Too many WR starved teams, someone pulls the trigger much earlier than that.

Arizona took Rashad Johnson in the 3rd last year and he sat behind Rolle, now will be his time. OL, TE, CB and both ILB and OLB spots are all of greater concern.

Is Weatherspoon playing inside because they have David Harris and Bart Scott manning the middle, and he would be playing left bench in that case. He is not going to be a good fit on the outside in a 3-4 and would be a terrible pick.

I already made a statement above on the Jags!

Pitt continually states how they love blitzing and QB pressures, and what will assure that by adding yet another one. You can never have to much pass rushers, especiially at the value you are going to select the player at.

Rashad Johnson is not a playmaking Safety he is a hard hitter ala Michael Lewis. With the loss of Rolle they'd be looking for a wise playmaking safety who can cover. Let Wilson make the big hits!

Dez Bryant is a tough topic. It depends on his pro-day. But with Eugene Parker as his agent and with him missing majority of his season last year, he can def drop.

Now on Witherspoon, Harris is in his contract year, with Witherspoon in to take Harris spot as ILB! its possible, maybe slim tho.

Pittsburgh also saw how poorly they were in the secondary last year without Polamalu, so ignoring the fact to obtain a pass rusher is not a great move. I think they would address areas of greater concern earlier on and find a pass rusher to develop, where they have been successful in the past (see Harrison and Woodley neither of whom were 1st round choices).

Johnson was good enough as a rookie to be used as the dime back last year and he had 11 picks in his final 2 years at Bama. He is a much better fit at FS than SS.

Highly doubt teams would pass on Bryant due to Parker. Parker's client list is long and impressive and has experience working with most if not all teams. Bryant's talent is top 10 and with a poor pro day he is still a top 20 pick. Missing time last season if anything showed a good deal of what he brings to the table considering the offense was lackluster without him.

Harris may be in the last year but he has proven to be a very effective ILB for the 3-4. They will get him resigned in due time, nonetheless he can be tendered seeing as he would be a RFA.

You reaching for straws with these picks.

Ok first of all:

You speak as if you are God. Since you know so many "facts", let's see how accurate you are with the first 17 picks. I admit I don't know exactly how the draft will play out and you don't either.

Im not here for argument and I appreciate your feedback and opinions, even tho i greatly disagree with them.

You said: "Oh regarding Graham. He is not undersized. Get it straight. He is 266 lbs LB. He is 6-1.5. According to alot of NFL scouts/GM's, he's short for a prototypical OLB. For some reason, they like 6-4 guys and over"

So if he is short for a prototypical OLB..doesnt that mean he is undersized, and exactly what I was getting at????

Than you said: "Oh, as for your "I know Scotty would never take a guard in the first round BS" You do know he is the one that pushed the Seahawks to take Hutchison in the 1st round right???????????

What he doesn't agree or like to do is PAY guards alot of money. He has NEVER said he would never draft a guard in the first round."

Well, if he doesnt agree to pay gaurds alot of money, the 17th pick in the draft if a Guard was chosen would be 5years 19-25 Mill. with about 13 mill gauranteed?? isnt that alot for an UNPROVEN GUARD?

And I dont speak as if im "GOD"...thats wrong to even say. Whether we disagree or agree is Ok, but Im speaking based off what I know as an avid College FB and NFL follower.

Im not no messiah or a psychic, this is just my opinion based off what ive heard or read. And I can guaranteed after the combine and F/A it will change.

Ok first of all:

Im not here for argument and I appreciate your feedback and opinions, even tho i greatly disagree with them.

You said: "Oh regarding Graham. He is not undersized. Get it straight. He is 266 lbs LB. He is 6-1.5. According to alot of NFL scouts/GM's, he's short for a prototypical OLB. For some reason, they like 6-4 guys and over"

So if he is short for a prototypical OLB..doesnt that mean he is undersized, and exactly what I was getting at????

Than you said: "Oh, as for your "I know Scotty would never take a guard in the first round BS" You do know he is the one that pushed the Seahawks to take Hutchison in the 1st round right???????????

What he doesn't agree or like to do is PAY guards alot of money. He has NEVER said he would never draft a guard in the first round."

Well, if he doesnt agree to pay gaurds alot of money, the 17th pick in the draft if a Guard was chosen would be 5years 19-25 Mill. with about 13 mill gauranteed?? isnt that alot for an UNPROVEN GUARD?

And I dont speak as if im "GOD"...thats wrong to even say. Whether we disagree or agree is Ok, but Im speaking based off what I know as an avid College FB and NFL follower.

Im not no messiah or a psychic, this is just my opinion based off what ive heard or read. And I can guaranteed after the combine and F/A it will change.

Wait, why did you purposely leave out my explanation that Brandom Graham is big (266 lbs). Just a tad short for a prototype. The prototypical weight for a 3-4 OLB is around 250 - 260 lbs.

You also purposely left out where I stated Thomas is NOT ONLY SHORT BUT ALSO LIGHT.

As for you not playing god, where are u getting the info that the 17th pick will get 5 years 19-25 mil with 13 mil guaranteed? Last year's 17th pick was a QB (Josh Freeman). That QB (who are usually paid more) only got 10.25 mil guaranteed.
Hell, the 16th pick last year only got 9.9 guaranteed. Your supposed contract for the 17th pick is roughly equal to last year's 11th and 12th picks last year:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d810d9ec2&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Another question: Are you also saying Thomas (a short and light) safety who can't tackle is worth 19-25 mil with 13 mil guaraneed but not Iupati?

[ Edited by kronik on Feb 27, 2010 at 20:40:22 ]

Ok first of all:

Wait, why did you purposely leave out my explanation that Brandom Graham is big (266 lbs). Just a tad short for a prototype. The prototypical weight for a 3-4 OLB is around 250 - 260 lbs.

You also purposely left out where I stated Thomas is NOT ONLY SHORT BUT ALSO LIGHT.

As for you not playing god, where are u getting the info that the 17th pick will get 5 years 19-25 mil with 13 mil guaranteed? Last year's 17th pick was a QB (Josh Freeman). That QB (who are usually paid more) only got 10.25 mil guaranteed.
Hell, the 16th pick last year only got 9.9 guaranteed. Your supposed contract for the 17th pick is roughly equal to last year's 11th and 12th picks last year:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d810d9ec2&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Another question: Are you also saying Thomas (a short and light) safety who can't tackle is worth 19-25 mil with 13 mil guaraneed but not Iupati?

Brandon Graham is undersized for the 49ers liking. Go see what Aaron maybin did in buffalo last season. The 49ers wont be interested in selecting him, based off Scott McC. Standards. Thats all im saying.! Being to short also counts as being Undersized...whether it includes his weight or not.!

You must realize why I think we would select Earl Thomas. He not only can play safety but he is versitle enough to play and start at CB. So his size is flexible for both positions and it'll pay off!

That was last year, this year the Rookie Pool will increase and the amount given to each pick will be 10-15% higher than the year prior.

Ok first of all:

Brandon Graham is undersized for the 49ers liking. Go see what Aaron maybin did in buffalo last season. The 49ers wont be interested in selecting him, based off Scott McC. Standards. Thats all im saying.! Being to short also counts as being Undersized...whether it includes his weight or not.!

You must realize why I think we would select Earl Thomas. He not only can play safety but he is versitle enough to play and start at CB. So his size is flexible for both positions and it'll pay off!

That was last year, this year the Rookie Pool will increase and the amount given to each pick will be 10-15% higher than the year prior.

I think your missing the point. He is saying that Graham is short for the OLB position but he is 260+ lbs. Which is not small for an OLB. I agree with him... Look at LaMarr Woodley if you want a comparison he is prob a half inch taller than Graham. Do you consider him undersized? And what does Arron Maybin have to do with brandon graham? didnt maybin come in at like 6-4 245ish? They are no where near the same player...

Using your logic if you know that scot wont go for an undersized OLB then why would he go for an Undersized safety? a safety that is 5-9ish 190?
Originally posted by al49erfan:

Ok first of all:

I think your missing the point. He is saying that Graham is short for the OLB position but he is 260+ lbs. Which is not small for an OLB. I agree with him... Look at LaMarr Woodley if you want a comparison he is prob a half inch taller than Graham. Do you consider him undersized? And what does Arron Maybin have to do with brandon graham? didnt maybin come in at like 6-4 245ish? They are no where near the same player...

Using your logic if you know that scot wont go for an undersized OLB then why would he go for an Undersized safety? a safety that is 5-9ish 190?

With Earl Thomas he may be "undersized" in terms of the Antrell Rolle's, Laron Landry's, etc! But Earl Thomas is a playmaker who can play 2 positions. So he may be an "undersized" safety, which I dont think Size matters at the Safety position in most cases, because he is their to defend the pass as Goldson is their to protect the run. But Earl Thomas may be undersized for safety but he too can start at CB!

Your missing my point: I simply said that if Earl Thomas is undersized than why would Scott go after an Undersized Brandon Graham.

Im not against the selection of Brandon Graham...I was utilizing what you said towards Earl Thomas towards Brandon Graham. If your comparing Lamar Woodley to Graham because he's undersized.

Than how bout Jarius Byrd in comparison to Earl thomas?

[ Edited by DaFaro49ers on Feb 28, 2010 at 00:09:57 ]

Agree

Ok first of all:

I see both sides of your debate here. In regards to the OG's, it's entirely possible that Scot didn't see the value of a guy like Smiley whom he let walk for the money that he was going to demand. That does not mean we would not take Iupati, who has the potential to be the next Hutch, and if he has plays as such we would likely be willing to pay to keep him when his contract expired.

Value is in the eyes of the beholder when it comes to a team's personnel and money plays a major factor, see Peppers Julius for a prime example. The Panthers are willing to let him walk because they don't feel he is worth the 18 million or so he thinks he should be paid. He plays a prime position where players are highly valued but teams don't want to overpay with a salary cap to manage, it becomes to difficult to balance out the roster overall with having top end talent at multiple positions.

As far as Earl Thomas goes, he could still be a viable option for us. He has playmaking ability and though he does not possess great size he is not alone in this league. There are multiple FS's who are of a similar size and weight who are very talented. Scot may have stressed size but that doesn't mean it's the be all end all to any debates about a player. Singletary will have some say and could attempt to persuade Scot to take the kid if he feels really strong about his abilities and that is something to keep in mind.

As for Graham, the kid is short for both the OLB and DE positions by NFL standards, doesn't mean he won't overcome it and be successful but teams may downgrade your value slightly when being on the small side. Some teams don't necessarily care as long as they believe in your talent and upside.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by noobie:
Should at least wait until the end of the combine for another mock. Can't see Dez falling that far. Can easily see giants taking him to replace Plax or Titans to give young a legit #1

Yes, I will revise it if necessary after the combine. But right now, i feel the draft would look something like this. Bryant may drop based off his baggage.

What baggage? The NCAA overreacted. Shocker.

Dez is top 11. Book it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Av96wPZMnVNx3EcpT7hrOiZDubYF?slug=jc-bryantrisk022810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
First of all...you wanted other forum members to tell you what they think...they did and you discount all their ideas. It's fine to have conviction about your picks...but it's also wise to keep an open mind. The draft is a very imperfect science...many things can and probably will happen. If you don't believe that, I'd suggest you go to this website:

http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

Back to your mock...I agree w/Kronik, I don't see Mac taking a smallish S with his #17 pick. If he did sign Sproles, going big on the OL would make total sense. It'd make total sense even if he didn't, as there are tons of excellent KR guys in this draft and a number of excellent secondary players. So, best OT and Iupati would be jack...it'd give Coaches Solari and Brown some terrific young talent to work with and allow some lesser talented players to be cut. One of the top DL would also be a very smart pick...let's face it, Sopoaga, Evans and Balmer aren't exactly lighting it up. Jared Odrick would be a good pick there...ditto Dan Williams, if he's still on the board. Franklin's only signed for next season...beyond that's still in doubt. You win in the trenches...the best teams are mostly good there, which is why they can afford to take other skill players early. We're not, particularly on the OL, so it makes perfect sense to really beef up there and be done with it so Mac and Sing can get other position players the rest of the draft.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
First of all...you wanted other forum members to tell you what they think...they did and you discount all their ideas. It's fine to have conviction about your picks...but it's also wise to keep an open mind. The draft is a very imperfect science...many things can and probably will happen. If you don't believe that, I'd suggest you go to this website:

http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

Back to your mock...I agree w/Kronik, I don't see Mac taking a smallish S with his #17 pick. If he did sign Sproles, going big on the OL would make total sense. It'd make total sense even if he didn't, as there are tons of excellent KR guys in this draft and a number of excellent secondary players. So, best OT and Iupati would be jack...it'd give Coaches Solari and Brown some terrific young talent to work with and allow some lesser talented players to be cut. One of the top DL would also be a very smart pick...let's face it, Sopoaga, Evans and Balmer aren't exactly lighting it up. Jared Odrick would be a good pick there...ditto Dan Williams, if he's still on the board. Franklin's only signed for next season...beyond that's still in doubt. You win in the trenches...the best teams are mostly good there, which is why they can afford to take other skill players early. We're not, particularly on the OL, so it makes perfect sense to really beef up there and be done with it so Mac and Sing can get other position players the rest of the draft.

I understand, take you all for your vivid insight and viewpoints. I may agree or disagree to certain statements that are made, but I totally respect all your opinions as well as the other posters.

By the way good insight you stated above.

Earl Thomas weight in at 208 LBs , Eric Berry weighed in at 203! they both are 5-11! so if we think Earl Thomas is small? Do we not draft Berry if he is there?