LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Mock Draft Version 2.0! Let me know what you think!

MY MOCK DRAFT VERSION 2.0:

St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Tampa Bay: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

Washington Redskins: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

Kansas City Chiefs: Anthony Davis*, OT, Rutgers

Seattle Seahawks: Jason Pierre-Paul*, DE, South Florida

Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden, CB, Florida

Oakland Raiders: Eric Berry*, S, Tennessee

Buffalo Bills: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

Jacksonville Jaguars: Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

Denver Broncos** (from 7-9 Chicago): Rolando McClain*, ILB, Alabama

Miami Dolphins: Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee

San Francisco 49ers: Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa

Seattle Seahawks (from 8-8 Denver): C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

New York Giants: Derrick Morgan*, DE, Georgia Tech

Tennessee Titans*: Brian Price*, DT, UCLA

San Francisco 49ers: Earl Thomas*, S, Texas

Pittsburgh Steelers: Brandon Graham , DE/OLB Michigan

Atlanta Falcons: Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

Houston Texans: Bruce Campbell*, OT, Maryland

Cincinnati Bengals: Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State

New England Patriots: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

Green Bay Packers: Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

Philadelphia Eagles: Taylor Mays, S, USC

Baltimore Ravens: Kareem Jackson*, CB, Alabama

Arizona Cardinals: Nate Allen, S, South Florida

Dallas Cowboys: Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

San Diego Chargers: Carlos Dunlap*, DE, Florida

New York Jets: Sean Witherspoon , OLB Missouri

Minnesota Vikings: Jared Ordrick , DT Penn State

New Orleans Saints: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

Indianapolis Colts: Charles Brown, OT, USC

---------------

This is my Second Mock-Draft. This is with rumors/buzz from the combine...I will update it most likely after free-agency. Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

DA FARO 49ERS
Should at least wait until the end of the combine for another mock. Can't see Dez falling that far. Can easily see giants taking him to replace Plax or Titans to give young a legit #1
Originally posted by noobie:
Should at least wait until the end of the combine for another mock. Can't see Dez falling that far. Can easily see giants taking him to replace Plax or Titans to give young a legit #1

Yes, I will revise it if necessary after the combine. But right now, i feel the draft would look something like this. Bryant may drop based off his baggage.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:

Jacksonville took back to back OT's in rounds 1 & 2 last year. Why would they take another in the 1st this year.

Pittsburgh has 2 great starters on the edge in their 3-4, can't see them taking a pass rusher who would see very very few snaps. OL & the secondary are much more pressing concerns.

Doubtful Dez Bryant falls that far. Too many WR starved teams, someone pulls the trigger much earlier than that.

Arizona took Rashad Johnson in the 3rd last year and he sat behind Rolle, now will be his time. OL, TE, CB and both ILB and OLB spots are all of greater concern.

Is Weatherspoon playing inside because they have David Harris and Bart Scott manning the middle, and he would be playing left bench in that case. He is not going to be a good fit on the outside in a 3-4 and would be a terrible pick.
If Berry fell to the latter stages of the top 10, anyone know what we would have to give up to move our 13th up a few slots? Maybe a 3rd next year (along with the 13th)?

Yes, I will revise it if necessary after the combine. But right now, i feel the draft would look something like this. Bryant may drop based off his baggage.

What baggage? The NCAA overreacted. Shocker.

Dez is top 11. Book it.
Jacksonville draft two OT's last year in Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton. They need a pass rusher in the worst way because neither of their high draft pick pass rushers the previous year have turned into anything (Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves).
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Jacksonville draft two OT's last year in Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton. They need a pass rusher in the worst way because neither of their high draft pick pass rushers the previous year have turned into anything (Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves).

They would place the OT they'd take at either Guard Position, and will shy away from a DE so early, based off their haunting past of bust top 10-15 DE Selections.
Sorry, not feeling this mock. Mainly because of your picking of Earl Thomas. Scotty would never use a high draft pick on a small DB that has tackling issues. Neither would I. There will be much better options with that 17th pick overall.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Jacksonville took back to back OT's in rounds 1 & 2 last year. Why would they take another in the 1st this year.

Pittsburgh has 2 great starters on the edge in their 3-4, can't see them taking a pass rusher who would see very very few snaps. OL & the secondary are much more pressing concerns.

Doubtful Dez Bryant falls that far. Too many WR starved teams, someone pulls the trigger much earlier than that.

Arizona took Rashad Johnson in the 3rd last year and he sat behind Rolle, now will be his time. OL, TE, CB and both ILB and OLB spots are all of greater concern.

Is Weatherspoon playing inside because they have David Harris and Bart Scott manning the middle, and he would be playing left bench in that case. He is not going to be a good fit on the outside in a 3-4 and would be a terrible pick.

I already made a statement above on the Jags!

Pitt continually states how they love blitzing and QB pressures, and what will assure that by adding yet another one. You can never have to much pass rushers, especiially at the value you are going to select the player at.

Rashad Johnson is not a playmaking Safety he is a hard hitter ala Michael Lewis. With the loss of Rolle they'd be looking for a wise playmaking safety who can cover. Let Wilson make the big hits!

Dez Bryant is a tough topic. It depends on his pro-day. But with Eugene Parker as his agent and with him missing majority of his season last year, he can def drop.

Now on Witherspoon, Harris is in his contract year, with Witherspoon in to take Harris spot as ILB! its possible, maybe slim tho.

Originally posted by kronik:
Sorry, not feeling this mock. Mainly because of your picking of Earl Thomas. Scotty would never use a high draft pick on a small DB that has tackling issues. Neither would I. There will be much better options with that 17th pick overall.

who would you take at that point with the 17th pick?
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

What baggage? The NCAA overreacted. Shocker.

Dez is top 11. Book it.

Eugene Parker + Deion Sanders

I'd take any of these guys over Thomas (if we already used 13 on a OT):

Iupati, Spiller, Graham, Jason Pierre Paul

If we didn't take a OT with 13, I'd take any of these OT's ahead of Thomas:

Bulaga, Davis, Williams, Campbell

So yea, I'd take alot of guys over Thomas. Part of it is because I am high on other safety's available outside of the 1st round:

Chad Jones, Reshard Jones, Kam Chancellor, Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, etc....
I like the first pick but unlike most people on here I hope we pick Taylor Mays the guy can hit and is super fast two things you just can't teach imo.

I'd take any of these guys over Thomas (if we already used 13 on a OT):

Iupati, Spiller, Graham, Jason Pierre Paul

If we didn't take a OT with 13, I'd take any of these OT's ahead of Thomas:

Bulaga, Davis, Williams, Campbell

So yea, I'd take alot of guys over Thomas. Part of it is because I am high on other safety's available outside of the 1st round:

Chad Jones, Reshard Jones, Kam Chancellor, Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, etc....

Ok first of all:

Spiller, Pierre Paul will be gone before the 17th pick!

Second: So if Scott McC. wont go after an "Undersized" Safety in Earl Thomas, why would he go after an Undersized DE/OLB in Brandon Graham?

Third: I know for a fact Scott McC. will never invest a 1st round pick in a Guard especially the 17the pick overall. So Iupati is out !

If we go BPA: itll be Earl Thomas at that Point. But i do agree, their is a lot of good safeties in this draft. But Thomas/Berry are way above the others in talent.
Share 49ersWebzone