There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How would you like to solve our KR/PR problem?

How would you like to solve our KR/PR problem?

I'd take McCluster.
Jordan Shipley
I was hoping McCluster would come out early last year. I've been wanting him to be a 49er for a few years now, if they draft him I'd be ecstatic.
Sproles, now they he's going untendered.

He's a proven special teamer and a proven extra-dimension/change-of-pace RB to compliment Gore/Coffee. It's a bonus that he's played in a digit system like Raye's (from the same coaching tree) for the last few years, so he should be able to literally hit the ground running.

We could then go Williams (OT) at #13 and Iupati (OG) at #17...rebuilding our o-line and adding a potential pro-bowl special teamer in three easy steps.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 27, 2010 at 12:29:21 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Spiller or Sproles
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

He's a proven special teamer and a proven extra-dimension/change-of-pace RB to compliment Gore/Coffee. It's a bonus that he's played in a digit system like Raye's (from the same coaching tree) for the last few years, so he should be able to literally hit the ground running.

We could then go Williams (OT) at #13 and Iupati (OG) at #17...rebuilding our o-line and adding a potential pro-bowl special teamer in three easy steps.

That would be great. Williams and Iupati.

[ Edited by GoldandGarnet on Feb 27, 2010 at 12:31:17 ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Exactly !!! I wasnt aware of the same coaching philosophy...Sweet. He will keep us from having to draft Spiller if he fell to us... gives a chance to take another starter for OL, DB/S, OLB, QB if one slips

I'd love to see us get Iupati, Brandon Graham/Morgan, Berry of course/Thomas

This is an exciting off season
Originally posted by mayo63:
Spiller or Sproles

Right on!
1. Sproles or Bush - I'd like to assess this need via free agency to open up the two 1st rounders.

However, I can understand why the York wouldn't want to overpay for either of these two players...not that I care how much they spend but it's really not good value since both will expect big $. If the market can set their value lower, then this is what I want.

2. CJ Spiller - for obvious reasons. He fills many holes for us and is the most explosive player in the draft.

3. Mardy Gilyard - good slot WR and a great return man.
If I had it my way we would sign Sproles, but since I don't think that's gonna happen, I would be fine with either Spiller, McCluster, or Shipley.
There seems to be no love for Gilyard, what's up with that?

I remember during the season, everybody was talking about drafting him.
either of the FA would be nice you know what youre getting from the two. if not, then i hope they get either best or gilyard their primary duties would be on the ST so i dont think there would be to much pressure on them to produce until a more defined role on offense could be found
1. McCluster
2. Gilyard
3. Sproles
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
There seems to be no love for Gilyard, what's up with that?

I remember during the season, everybody was talking about drafting him.

I'd love to draft him. I just think Spiller would do more for us. Gilyard would help us out at WR as well so I wouldn't at all be upset if we passed on Spiller IF we ended up with Gilyard.
Sproles then draft Shipley too