LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Is Campbell a reach at #17?

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
So one option for our team is to re-sign a veteran like Pashos and plug him in as the starting RT, while you draft/develop a young/raw guy like Campbell. Coach him up for a year+, let him absorb the playbook, blocking schemes, speed of the game, NFL defensive schemes and get his technique to become solid, then release this monster on the NFL.

I would only take Campbell if this is the plan. If we're looking to get this year's starting RT in the draft, then I'd stay away from Campbell.

I originally thought Campbell could/should start from day 1 (and still believe he could probably do it), but agree that plugging in a veteran is the smarter way to go. Given we want Pashos back, and he seems to be open to returning, this could be a real option.
  • LilAzn9er
  • Info N/A
Wouldn't take this guy. According to Daniel Jeremiah (former scout), on film he doesn't translate and would be shock someone takes him in the top 15.

[ Edited by LilAzn9er on Mar 1, 2010 at 15:56:59 ]
So one option for our team is to re-sign a veteran like Pashos and plug him in as the starting RT, while you draft/develop a young/raw guy like Campbell. Coach him up for a year+, let him absorb the playbook, blocking schemes, speed of the game, NFL defensive schemes and get his technique to become solid, then release this monster on the NFL.

I would only take Campbell if this is the plan. If we're looking to get this year's starting RT in the draft, then I'd stay away from Campbell.

I originally thought Campbell could/should start from day 1 (and still believe he could probably do it), but agree that plugging in a veteran is the smarter way to go. Given we want Pashos back, and he seems to be open to returning, this could be a real option.

1) But Campbell doesn't play like a monster.
2) Al Davis will pick him before we pick anyway.

Completely agree with this type of scenario
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

1) With proper coaching/motivation, Campbell could very well play like a monster.
2) You're probably right.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

1) With proper coaching/motivation, Campbell could very well play like a monster.
2) You're probably right.

1) If we had proper OL coaches we wouldn't be talking about the O-line the way we are now
2) With no one else impressing to that degree at the combine, I think the writing is on the wall
Share 49ersWebzone