There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Campbell a reach at #17?

Originally posted by strickac:
He could be a stud, but I wouldn't expect much from him as a rookie. He's very raw. You'd be selecting potential over performance, which is very risky.

agree
Take with a grain of salt :

Quote:
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that "multiple teams" have a fourth-round grade on Maryland LT Bruce Campbell, despite his awesome Combine.
Another source described Campbell's 2009 play on film as "terrible." It's worth noting that during Campbell's post-workout interview Saturday, the NFL Network showed numerous clips of Campbell missing blocks and getting overpowered at the point of attack. NFLN's Mike Lombardi, a former Raiders employee, predicts Campbell will be drafted by Al Davis at No. 8 overall.
Injury history, inexperience, inconsistent play, no thanks not in the 1st. Let's get more of a sure thing please.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Take with a grain of salt :

Quote:
A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that "multiple teams" have a fourth-round grade on Maryland LT Bruce Campbell, despite his awesome Combine.
Another source described Campbell's 2009 play on film as "terrible." It's worth noting that during Campbell's post-workout interview Saturday, the NFL Network showed numerous clips of Campbell missing blocks and getting overpowered at the point of attack. NFLN's Mike Lombardi, a former Raiders employee, predicts Campbell will be drafted by Al Davis at No. 8 overall.

lol the last sentence is funny because it's true
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I've got him projected to the Raiders at number 8.

Well MadDog, it seems as though you forecasted this OT class on the button. I believe you were the one that said that four OTs would be gone from the board by #10.

You were right sir.

Here's the other thing I have in my head, deja vu. Oakland again holds the cards to our fate like last year. They bypassed Crabtree for Bey. It looks like they would go after Campbell before Davis, Bulaga or Williams if all three are there.

Great for us....again!

I believe it will be either Campbell or JPP for the Raiders! Good for them!

Do it Al, do it!

The draft hasn't even happened yet, how can you be crowning Maddog? This is also the same poster who early on claimed that this would be a bad draft year.
From a physical standpoint, you have to love Bruce Campbell. My only concern is his lack of experience. He's only started 17 games in college! Can he step in from day one and make our offensive better... I'm not so sure? Could he become a liability for the 49ers until he learns proper technique? You bet your ass!

Mike Mayock said this about Bruce Campbell earlier today during the closing of NFL Network's Combine coverage...

"He's the most physically impressive offensive lineman I've ever seen. Including the 32 inch vertical leap. The drawback however is that he's very raw."

[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 27, 2010 at 18:02:07 ]

[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 27, 2010 at 18:01:02 ]
Why do I have the feeling that this guy has bust written all over him?
Originally posted by olapac:

I don't know why, but Bruce Campbell makes me think of OT Tony Mandarich.

But I'm not saying Campbell uses steroids!!!
Originally posted by mayo63:
I know he looks great and everything, but would you take him if he was the last of the OT's left at #17? I think it could be a reach, but he could also develop into a pretty good player. Do we take him?

He looked great at the combine today!
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
Originally posted by mayo63:
I know he looks great and everything, but would you take him if he was the last of the OT's left at #17? I think it could be a reach, but he could also develop into a pretty good player. Do we take him?

He looked great at the combine today!

True, but some say he's looked average at best on game tape. Workout warriors like Campbell worry me if their actual gameplay doesn't backup their abilities.
Remember Mike Mamula, I say.

Q & A with Maryland's OT Bruce Campbell

[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 27, 2010 at 19:10:51 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I still think #17 is too high for Campbell. His game tape just doesn't justify that high a pick. His true value should be in the 25-32 range.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Q & A with Maryland's OT Bruce Campbell

Nice pics & good article. If we could re-sign Pashos I wouldn't mind drafting this guy.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by olapac:

I don't know why, but Bruce Campbell makes me think of OT Tony Mandarich.

But I'm not saying Campbell uses steroids!!!

that guy quit school so he can work out theres a differesnce

that being said bruce cambell can easily be the best OT in this draft and maybe one of the best he has long arms strength and laterall quickness speed etc. All he has to do is work on his technique and to me it doesnt seem like he has bad work ethic. However i think the smart thing to do is take him and really have to coach him up because after a year this guy is gonna be a beast.

Would rather get all the otehr OT Okung, Bulaga DAvis and trent williams but if bruce is avaliable at 17 and all those are gone i wouldnt mind getting him