LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Is Campbell a reach at #17?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I know he looks great and everything, but would you take him if he was the last of the OT's left at #17? I think it could be a reach, as his game tape doesn't justify being taken that high, but he could also develop into a pretty good player. Do we take him?

[ Edited by mayo63 on Feb 28, 2010 at 05:21:56 ]
I honestly think the Raiders will take him
  • evil
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=138304
Campbell is expected to be long gone before our picks at #13 and #17. He's not exactly a reach.
He will be gone in the top 10. And he may go in the top 5 - 8.
I would take campbell with 13 in a second. He`s ripped and he kinda reminds me of patrick willis the way he talks and carrys himself...

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Feb 27, 2010 at 10:54:50 ]
I've got him projected to the Raiders at number 8.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

maybe they pull another cool trick like last year.
I don't think he is a reach especially if we re-sign Pashos.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Well MadDog, it seems as though you forecasted this OT class on the button. I believe you were the one that said that four OTs would be gone from the board by #10.

You were right sir.

Here's the other thing I have in my head, deja vu. Oakland again holds the cards to our fate like last year. They bypassed Crabtree for Bey. It looks like they would go after Campbell before Davis, Bulaga or Williams if all three are there.

Great for us....again!

I believe it will be either Campbell or JPP for the Raiders! Good for them!

Do it Al, do it!

With the combine he is having he wont make it out of the 10 spot which is great for us.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think he's a workout warrior, but hey if he goes before #17 it just means another OT falls to us.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I think he's a workout warrior, but hey if he goes before #17 it just means another OT falls to us.

He's definitely a workout warrior, but he has the work ethic and all the tools to become a great OT, especially if he gets with the right team/o-line coach.
a good coach can make him the best Ot in the draft he is a physical beast much like vernon davis only thing he lacks is form (which is very important) but it can be taught thats why he is going to be a boom or bust
He could be a stud, but I wouldn't expect much from him as a rookie. He's very raw. You'd be selecting potential over performance, which is very risky.
Share 49ersWebzone