LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 434 users in the forums

Prediction Time: Who BUSTS in the first round?

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
Joe Haden
I don't think he's the best CB of this draft. He'll get drafted too high. I think his pass coverage skills are suspect and he takes horrible angles on run support.

Dez Bryant
Bust rate for WRs is something like 80%. Bryant has been out of football for a year and pulled his hamstring doing personal work outs.
Originally posted by smileyman:
Joe Haden
I don't think he's the best CB of this draft. He'll get drafted too high. I think his pass coverage skills are suspect and he takes horrible angles on run support.

Dez Bryant
Bust rate for WRs is something like 80%. Bryant has been out of football for a year and pulled his hamstring doing personal work outs.

one hell of a call! i agree 110%! i've watched a lot of gator fb the last 2 yrs (since i'm out here) & he needs a lot of work & needs to prove it & not hot dog it which he does do.
Haden, like the mango.
Well, that's pretty much the whole first round gone, then!
Anybody the Raiders draft
the whole webzone will bust if Spiller is the 13th pick
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I think McClain is gonna be great.

I say these people bust:
Gerald McCoy
Sam Bradford
Trent Williams
Sergio Kindle

Not much of a Big 12 fan huh?
Totally depends on which team a player lands with.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Tell who you think may not become the player he is expected to become for whatever reason.

Give a quick response as to why you think this.

Rolando McClain-
-he does have some speed but to me he doesnt seem to have the instincts I think it takes in playing MLB. To me he has disappeared in stretches of games. Takes bad angles sometimes. Dont see him as being that MIKE LB teams are coveting with the first round pick.

All depends on your expectations. If someone is expecting any QB in this years draft to be Peyton Manning then all QB's will be a bust. If whomever expects McClain to be Patrick Willis then he will def be a bust because he just isnt that kind of player. I do not want McClain at all.

As for Spiller if you are expecting him to be Chris Johnson then yes he will be a bust. On the other hand if you are expecting a guy who will give us good starting field position on kick offs, come in and run around th edges making it easier for Gore to take it up the gut and play like a reciever when we go into the spread ala Reggie Bush in NO then I think you will be pleasently suprised.

Bust is all relative to your expectations for the most part. There are exceptions, see Vernon Goldhston, Darrius Heyward Bey and many others but usually this is because somebody reached in the draft for the guy which again in return raised the expectations about him.

Jimmy Clausen
Sam Bradford
Trent Williams
Sergio Kindle
Rolando McClain
Taylor Mays

a lot actually

Depending on who takes him, CJ Spiller. If he goes somewhere with a good line (like Chris Johnson) he'll have success, but if he goes anywhere with a crappy line he'll struggle (like McFadden).

[ Edited by foreign49er on Feb 27, 2010 at 12:08:41 ]
Along with McCoy and Pierre-Paul, I want to add Bruce Campbell, who will be over drafted.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Mik Iupati

He may have a decent career in the NFL, but no where near what everyone on the zone thinks. The kid is big, but so is everyone in the NFL. He played at a small school and didn't look that great in the SR. Bowl. I think he will be a major disappointment.

My guess is you just watched the Senior Bowl and none of his other games.

If the team that drafts him tries to move him around they won't get the full benefit from him. If a team drafts him and sticks him in at LG he'll shine and be an all pro.

Like you stayed up watching all those Idaho games seen on ESPN the Ocho.

Let's be real here that Senior Bowl week was the only time Iupati faced NFL talent. Versaility is a huge factor when you're drafting. I don't want an interior guy that can only play one spot as a 1st round pick. Find me a Damien Woody who can dominate across the line.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Feb 27, 2010 at 14:46:41 ]
JPP way overrated underachiever who has no football instincts whatsoever.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

Jimmy Clausen
Sam Bradford
Trent Williams
Sergio Kindle
Rolando McClain
Taylor Mays

a lot actually

What the hell? I never said that.
Share 49ersWebzone