There are 242 users in the forums

I want the 49ers drafting OL with their 1st rd picks

I'm all for the Niners drafting OL with their first two picks, that will set us up real good. I would love for us to draft either T.Williams or B.Bulaga at 13th and getting M.Iupati at 17. Then drafting Best or Arenas with our 2nd round pick. I hope McCloughan doesn't stick to his philosphy about drafting guards in the first round. If we have the opportunity to draft a dominate guard like Iupati which many observers from what I read is a Larry Allen clone. What do you all think with us going OL with our first two picks?
I wouldn't be upset if Spiller & Graham are gone.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd love to get Bulaga/Williams/Campbell at 13 and then finish it off with Mike at 17. I would cream my pants if it went down that way.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I'd love to get Bulaga/Williams/Campbell at 13 and then finish it off with Mike at 17. I would cream my pants if it went down that way.
Bulaga and Iupati, then Perrish Cox in the 2nd. I doubt Best is there unless there are some medical red flags but the 9ers can take a risk since they already have Gore and Coffee.

From what McCoughlan said yesterday, I highly doubt they have Arenas that high on their draft board since they stated specifically they like bigger corners. Cox can return punts and play nickel for 2 years, then start.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Not opposed to drafting OT and Guard in the first round. But, another offensive player in the 2nd round. Our D needs some help too! Secondary help and a pass-rusher is much needed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Not opposed to drafting OT and Guard in the first round. But, another offensive player in the 2nd round. Our D needs some help too! Secondary help and a pass-rusher is much needed.

Yeah, but or OL needs fixing. We can go all D the rest of the draft.
I wouldn't mind either.
I like it to! Never hurts to grab 2 OL since this class is rich with them. & it helps that our o-line was & is pathetic
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Yeah, but or OL needs fixing. We can go all D the rest of the draft.

Or Go All D in free agency!

Go all O-line in the 1st and try to get sproles in free agency.
Originally posted by asakkings:
Go all O-line in the 1st and try to get sproles in free agency.

If we can re-sign Tony Pashos & get Darren Sproles in FA our draft board would be wide open for sure.
IF we sign Sproles, then I'm down w/two OL. Campbell or Bulaga at OT and Iupati as OG. I just wasn't in favor of taking Iupati and no OT, but if McCloughan brings in Sproles, that's a whole different scenario. I keep seeing Trent Williams on a lot of mocks, but he's not really what we need...he only had success at RT at Okla and if you're drafting an OT in the 1st rd, that guy had better be able to play both positions. Plus, Solari really wants a lot more mobility on his OL...guys who can lead screens, sweeps, and who can zone block. None of those are Williams' strengths.
I would be overjoyed to see that our coaching staff has finally taken a responsible route to rebuilding a team, than next year we can go after an heir apparent to the qb throne like with the kid from washington or the kid from arkansas either one would be fine with me. Please draft an offensive line in the first not the fourth/fifth rounds Mclueless.

[ Edited by filthydogma on Feb 26, 2010 at 23:18:16 ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
IF we sign Sproles, then I'm down w/two OL. Campbell or Bulaga at OT and Iupati as OG. I just wasn't in favor of taking Iupati and no OT, but if McCloughan brings in Sproles, that's a whole different scenario. I keep seeing Trent Williams on a lot of mocks, but he's not really what we need...he only had success at RT at Okla and if you're drafting an OT in the 1st rd, that guy had better be able to play both positions. Plus, Solari really wants a lot more mobility on his OL...guys who can lead screens, sweeps, and who can zone block. None of those are Williams' strengths.

i would love to get an OT and iupati if we get sproles that would shore up our line for years and i avually have been pushing for it however if we get sproles which takes care of our KR/PR needs i think we should use our 13th pick and maybe a second and trade up for berry and then get a T with the 17th pick. We were gonna use one of our top 3 picks to get a returnman so imo that would be the smartest thing to do

any1 else agree or disagree?
Share 49ersWebzone