LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Would you be OK if we don't select an OT in Round 1 ?

Would you be OK if we don't select an OT in Round 1 ?

there is no way I would be happy I've been waiting for us to draft a tackle and guard in a draft. So no Im gonna be pissed if we just get a tackle and not a guard as well.
So which OTs are first rounders.

Okung, Davis, Bulaga, Trent Williams, and possibly Campbell right? Not sure if Iupati is a G or OT

If they are all gone then no I won't be upset about not getting one and I wouldn't want them to reach either. This place will go nuts if they pass on Iupati though.
edit

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 27, 2010 at 20:09:43 ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
So which OTs are first rounders.

Okung, Davis, Bulaga, Trent Williams, and possibly Campbell right? Not sure if Iupati is a G or OT

If they are all gone then no I won't be upset about not getting one and I wouldn't want them to reach either. This place will go nuts if they pass on Iupati though.

This place will go nuts if we pass on any of them with both picks. It's entirely possible that Scot's big board doesn't have some of those OT's as top 20 picks and if that's the case we should just take a wait and see approach.
Yes I would but only under certain circumstances. If Hell froze over and Eric Berry is on the board then he has to be our pick. After that if all of the big 4 tackles were off the board and Spiller was there I take him.

Personally I'm fine with rolling with a Jared Veldheer next year. The two knocks on him are his arm size and level of competition. Yeah that sounds alot like Mike Roos coming out of college whose anchoring one of the best 2 lines in the league. Athletically Veldheer matches up with pretty much anyone in the draft. Train him up.

I'd prefer to land Trent Williams though.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Yes I would but only under certain circumstances. If Hell froze over and Eric Berry is on the board then he has to be our pick. After that if all of the big 4 tackles were off the board and Spiller was there I take him.

Personally I'm fine with rolling with a Jared Veldheer next year. The two knocks on him are his arm size and level of competition. Yeah that sounds alot like Mike Roos coming out of college whose anchoring one of the best 2 lines in the league. Athletically Veldheer matches up with pretty much anyone in the draft. Train him up.

I'd prefer to land Trent Williams though.

Trent williams would be a great pick, if not him, we will get an OL with 1 of our 1st round picks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I actually would be OK with it, but I like Trent Williams. And I'm pretty sure we won't be drafting a Safety with one of our 1st round picks, so I'd hope we pick up one in the 2nd round.
Share 49ersWebzone