LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Would you be OK if we don't select an OT in Round 1 ?

Would you be OK if we don't select an OT in Round 1 ?

Originally posted by amigoj49:
If an OT was not chosen in 1st round, I would need 2 out of this group:

Haden
Berry
Spiller
Iupati
Graham

I would be OK with any of the 2 from this group.

I'm with that!!!
Originally posted by mayo63:
Only if we ended up with Brown in the 2nd. If all of the OT's are gone at 17 we may have to go this route.

If it does go down this way then I wouldn't be mad as long as we added two bodies later in draft & retained Tony Pashos.
Offensive line is the top priority. I will be mad if we don't address this problem with at least 1 of the 2 first round picks.
if the big 4 OT's are gone and we have to reach i wouldnt do it. draft playmakers and get the big ugly in the 2nd round
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I WILL GO POSTAL...

...If we don't dramatically upgrade our OL by drafting players that can step in a play right away, at a higher level than our current OL crew.

Agreed. I will jump on the "Fire McCloughan" bandwagon if this happened.

Of course it depends on the reason why we didn't select linemen in the 1st round. It's a different story if we didn't select a linemen because there were none available in comparison with simply passing on linemen.

-9fA

Guys, I too want an OL, but not at a reach! Not even close. Not with all the talent between 10-20. If the top four OTs go, then Iupati has to be the choice. If he too is gone, I believe Brown and Campbell are next. IMO, they are twenty something slots. There are better players than those two, IMO.

You mean to tell me guys, that you would reach for Brown or Campbell over Haden, Spiller, McClaiin, Graham, Thomas, D. Williams, etc.?

I don't think that will happen though. I think one of the top four will get to #13. If not, I believe that Iupati will be there at #13 though.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
if the big 4 OT's are gone and we have to reach i wouldnt do it. draft playmakers and get the big ugly in the 2nd round

I agree and I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happens.

f**king Vikings! Losing to the Panthers and then to the Bears which caused the Saints to tank against the Panthers lost us about seven draft slots . . . We could have been at 10 and 13 instead of 13 and 17.
Where's the "It Depends" option? If the Niners still end up with two impact players (Berry, Haden, Graham, etc.), then I would say no.
if we get Graham it will be ok, but if we don't get one in the second
fkn stupid
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Sure.. give me Haden and Spiller in the first round and Ducasse in the 2nd and I will live with it!!

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
If there isn't a tackle left for us at #13 that we want, then I have no problem with not taking one. I'd rather wait until the second round than reach for a guy in the middle of the first.

I agree and i just wanted to add that this is a good subject post
If we sign Sproles, then I believe we should draft Campbell and Iupati...and our OL's upgraded and then Singletary will have a ton of options for the rest. That would be a freakin' g-r-e-a-t scenario...
  • evil
  • Veteran
What if only 1-2 of the OT's are taken and we have the other 3 that are 1st round projections as who don't belong in the top 20 ?

Scot made it clear we won't reach so if they are not of value he will pass....Just because some will see Bulaga, Williams, Campbell and Davis as guys who fit in the top 20 doesn't mean our GM will.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:
fkn stupid

What's stupid ?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

It's starting to feel like teams will be scrambling for OTs early and often which means the value at 13 or 17 wont be there. The flip side is we could probably get a steal at 13 and 17 at another position.

I want an OT just as bad as the next guy, but we can't pass up a clear BPA to "reach" at the OT postion.
Share 49ersWebzone