LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Would you be OK if we don't select an OT in Round 1 ?

Would you be OK if we don't select an OT in Round 1 ?

• evil
  • Veteran
Personally I'd be fine, maybe surprised a little but fine with it. Some have the philosophy that you don't take a RT in 1st. As long as we did address the position and added 2 bodies for the OL in this draft class with at least 1 coming in the first 3 rounds.

Personally I think the WZ would nearly self implode and the criticism would be harsh, same can be said if we don't take someone with return skills in the first 2 rounds.
Sure.. give me Haden and Spiller in the first round and Ducasse in the 2nd and I will live with it!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Only if we ended up with Brown in the 2nd. If all of the OT's are gone at 17 we may have to go this route.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Feb 26, 2010 at 11:31:52 ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Sure.. give me Haden and Spiller in the first round and Ducasse in the 2nd and I will live with it!!

Amen. This would be my dream draft.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Considering the top 4 or even 5 may be gone when we pick, then sure because that means one or two highly rated players have slipped. About the only way to f**k this up would be to take McClain or Mays.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sspiker:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Amen. This would be my dream draft.

I agree, that would be a very lovely first 3 picks.
I don't mind if the Niners don't take a tackle in the 1st round, if they have to reach and grossly over draft a tackle low on their board.

If 4 tackles are picked before #13, it is a strong possibility. At that point, I think the Niners should take Iupati.
If there isn't a tackle left for us at #13 that we want, then I have no problem with not taking one. I'd rather wait until the second round than reach for a guy in the middle of the first.
I WILL GO POSTAL...

...If we don't dramatically upgrade our OL by drafting players that can step in a play right away, at a higher level than our current OL crew.
Sounds like Pashos is coming back...so yeah..I'm good...but I still want at least 2 OL picks in the first 3 rounds.

Sure, just make sure we get dynamic players in return.

Spiller, Lupati
Earl Thomas, Lupati
Spiller, Graham
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
We would have to be, we dont have a say.

Either that or go postal on McClueless.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I WILL GO POSTAL...

...If we don't dramatically upgrade our OL by drafting players that can step in a play right away, at a higher level than our current OL crew.

Agreed. I will jump on the "Fire McCloughan" bandwagon if this happened.

Of course it depends on the reason why we didn't select linemen in the 1st round. It's a different story if we didn't select a linemen because there were none available in comparison with simply passing on linemen.

-9fA
Guess it depends how it all plays out. And folks are gonna riot if they pass on Spiller

[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 26, 2010 at 12:11:06 ]
If an OT was not chosen in 1st round, I would need 2 out of this group:

Haden
Berry
Spiller
Iupati
Graham

I would be OK with any of the 2 from this group.
Share 49ersWebzone