LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Niners interested in Marshal Newhouse TCU OL

This gives me hope, the Niners had the most intense interview.

Posted by: amberly dressler, Az red report
at 02/26/2010 11:11 AM ET
Newhouse Tours the NFL

TCU OL Marshall Newhouse, the cousin of the Cowboys' Robert Newhouse, spoke with quite a few teams on Wednesday night. The Cowboys, the Texans, the Chiefs, the 49ers and quite a few others. Newhouse two-stepped around the question of which position on the offensive line he feels more comfortable at. He believes he can play all five positions at the next level but started at tackle for three years. Newhouse attributed teams asking him to draw up plays as the most outside the box team request. He said the sessions got pretty intense, the most intense was with the 49ers.
why does an intense interview give you hope? i mean look how they grilled matt stafford last year to the point where he said it was kinda out of line. i just don't see how that relates to anything
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I got us drafting him in the 4th of my last mock!
Originally posted by lamontb:
why does an intense interview give you hope? i mean look how they grilled matt stafford last year to the point where he said it was kinda out of line. i just don't see how that relates to anything

Maybe I should have elaborated. I think or hope the Niners are paying more attention to players that will be available in rounds 3-7. The Niners new regime has done well in round 1 in general, but has whiffed in rounds 3 and beyond.

I think interviews are important. If a player does not the ability to pick up offenses quickly, they cannot contribute in the first season or two.
  • evil
  • Veteran
49ers just doing there homework on the kid.
Nothing is intense as Mike Nolan making Alex Smith hop on one foot.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Newhouse? What this kid a 6th/7th rdr?

[ Edited by mayo63 on Feb 26, 2010 at 10:58:22 ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:
49ers just doing their homework on the kid.

[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Feb 26, 2010 at 11:45:57 ]
Originally posted by mayo63:
Newhouse? What this kid a 6th/7th rdr?

If they got him in the 6th or 7th he would be a steal. He has worked his way into the 3rd or 4th with his dominating performance in practice and in games at the East West Shrine Game.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
49ers just doing there homework on the kid.

as they should

Yes they should

• 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
I had us taking him in the 5th round in my mock but to be a guard..we will see
I'd like to know what they ask.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Nothing is intense as Mike Nolan making Alex Smith hop on one foot.

-9fA
If Mac can sign Sproles, it gives him an opportunity to go after Campbell and Iupati, thereby all but putting a ribbon on the OL upgrade. Any other OL would simply be for depth, which isn't a bad idea given how thin it is.
Share 49ersWebzone