LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

If Dez Bryant falls to 13

If Dez Bryant falls to 13

No chance. I say, and I'd bet they, let him pass at 17 too. Out of all positions WR is the least of our needs and it's easy to get productive receivers after the 1st round.
Goodness No-do you know what kind of grip this would give parker over us. Don't want to worry about another DIVA-our 2 #1s' picks are better suited elsewhere.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
No chance. I say, and I'd bet they, let him pass at 17 too. Out of all positions WR is the least of our needs and it's easy to get productive receivers after the 1st round.

really?

thats not been the case with the 49ers
Originally posted by ads_2006:

really?

LOL

That is what happens when people don't think and just type what they think they know.

If it was that easy to get productive receivers in later rounds then no receiver would ever be drafted in the first. Besides the fact that we have missed on way more WR in the 3rd and later rounds than we have hit on.

really?

Did you not see Hill and Morgan starting as a 2nd year player and a rookie, both of them playing their first meaningful NFL snaps, at the end of the 2008 season?
Originally posted by joey82:

really?

LOL

That is what happens when people don't think and just type what they think they know.

If it was that easy to get productive receivers in later rounds then no receiver would ever be drafted in the first. Besides the fact that we have missed on way more WR in the 3rd and later rounds than we have hit on.

Who are the last few non-1st round receivers the 49ers have drafted? The fact is the vast majority of competent NFL receivers were not drafted in the 1st round.
I think Dez may slide into the 20's. He seems incredibly immature after his interview today. What a crybaby. I think he will always be one of those guys that points a finger at everyone else, and never looks in the mirror.

He is talented, I'll give him that. But he isn't a great fit for the 49ers. We need a speedster opposite Crab.

really?

Did you not see Hill and Morgan starting as a 2nd year player and a rookie, both of them playing their first meaningful NFL snaps, at the end of the 2008 season?

Crabtree has more yards and tds than Hill has in his 3 year career

Crabtree is about 200 yards away from matching Morgans career totals. He probably would have if he signed his contract.

Outside of Crabtree, we dont scare anyone at the WR position. Teams will gladly shift their coverages toward crabtree and not give a s**t about those two.
People think just because we draft an OL in the first round that he is going to come in and dominate. What about his learning curve? Won't it take him some time to get adjusted? It would be fun to be at the 49ers Draft Party and see people actually getting thrilled over an OL pick, unless they were properly inebriated. I think you have to be to actually watch it.

really?

Crabtree is about 200 yards away from matching Morgans career totals. He probably would have if he signed his contract.

Outside of Crabtree, we dont scare anyone at the WR position. Teams will gladly shift their coverages toward crabtree and not give a s**t about those two.

As much as I like Morgan, I think you are right. Jason Hill however was a bad pick if you ask me. Anyone who watched him play in college knew he didn't play as fast as his 40 time. I was never impressed in his college games either. trade him. He was clearly unhappy last year, and would be thrilled to leave anyway. Lets see what we can get for him.

With some people speculating that #5 may be too high for Berry to go, I think the Chiefs could go with Bryant there. And I say that partly because of the rumors that they wanted to trade Bowe during the season.
Originally posted by LottsZombiePinky:
Talk about a wasted pick! No, we have bigger needs.

For the 49ers, Spiller is the better pick at 13 if you are looking for BPA.

Completely disagree. Spiller doesn't even have a position to play on our offense. We're not the colts or saints. Bryant will play a much bigger role on our offense and is just a good in the return game. I'm not a believer in any of WR except Carbtree.

really?

You didn't answer the question. Not that it matters. Crabtree has probably played more snaps as either of them to, mostly as the #1 receiver. He should have better numbers.

And they will give up a lot of yards and TDs for it if they do. Especially given the fact that Davis and Gore will be available targets.

Look at who won the Super-bowl. How many 1st round wide-receivers do they have?
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

really?

As much as I like Morgan, I think you are right. Jason Hill however was a bad pick if you ask me. Anyone who watched him play in college knew he didn't play as fast as his 40 time. I was never impressed in his college games either. trade him. He was clearly unhappy last year, and would be thrilled to leave anyway. Lets see what we can get for him.

What a conundrum. If you don't think he's any good and we can get anything of value for him it means you are wrong about him, doesn't it?
If he's there and we DONT take him and he turns out to be another Moss,we will be kicking ourselves at the thought of JR & JT part II that could have been..
Share 49ersWebzone