LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

If Dez Bryant falls to 13

If Dez Bryant falls to 13

I don't want him either, and I don't think he'll be the pick. I really don't think our FO is interested in putting that much money in the WR position.
I have a theory on whats going on with Dez Bryant, I think he is purposely making his draft stock fall because Deion has convinced him that the Cowboys will draft him when they pick
Draft Bryant so we end up like the Cards and Lions where we can't afford to keep both him and Crabtree? The Cards weren't able to keep Boldin, the Lions weren't able to keep Roy Williams. No thanks. We already know what the outcome would be. You can't afford to keep a player like Bryant, Davis and Crabtree.

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Mar 29, 2010 at 10:22:49 ]
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Draft Bryant so we end up like the Cards and Lions where we can't afford to keep both him and Crabtree? The Cards weren't able to keep Boldin, the Lions weren't able to keep Roy Williams. No thanks. We already know what the outcome would be. You can't afford to keep a player like Bryant, Davis and Crabtree.

Great point.

I think that the negatives outweigh the positives for the 49ers when it comes to drafting Bryant.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Depends who's there when we pick. If it was between Bryant and Spiller, I'd go with Bryant. I rather have a complement to Crabtree than Gore.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Crabtree, Davis, Bryant and Morgan would be utterly insane. Please don't quote the Lions. To re-iterate...The Lion's problem was drafting BAD receivers, NOT drafting too many good receivers.

With 2 first round picks, this may be a luxury we can afford.

I don't think there's any chance he falls, but just want to gauge how people view need vs talent

its been said crabtree is not a true number one so this is an interesting scenario. if he does fall and we draft him hell be the #1 with crabtree at #2 and morgan will play the slot. not a bad deal.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Crabtree, Davis, Bryant and Morgan would be utterly insane. Please don't quote the Lions. To re-iterate...The Lion's problem was drafting BAD receivers, NOT drafting too many good receivers.

I don't think there's any chance he falls, but just want to gauge how people view need vs talent

its been said crabtree is not a true number one so this is an interesting scenario. if he does fall and we draft him hell be the #1 with crabtree at #2 and morgan will play the slot. not a bad deal.

Who the hell said this?

[ Edited by Schulzy on Mar 29, 2010 at 10:38:21 ]
  • kw49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

It is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.
If all four of the top tackles are off the board (and i think they will be) and bryant is available we have to pick him. Even though we played them really well, think about how much it sucked going against fitz and boldin twice a year.
In my madden franchise, I drafted the fastest WR with my first pic and he's doing really well. He's already returned a couple kicks for TD's and has a great average. His hands kindda suck though. So yea, we should do it.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
In my madden franchise, I drafted the fastest WR with my first pic and he's doing really well. He's already returned a couple kicks for TD's and has a great average. His hands kindda suck though. So yea, we should do it.

Well I'm convinced.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Who the hell said this?

He's only played half a season and is already the best number 1 we've had since Owens ... whoever said he isn't a true #1 is crazy, he has probowl potential for sure.

On the Bryant note, it depends who else is on the board, if one of the top 3 OT is there, I think you simply have to grab them. Now, if Bryant dropped to 17, I think I would feel more comfortable taking him there as long as we have our OT.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Who the hell said this?

He's only played half a season and is already the best number 1 we've had since Owens ... whoever said he isn't a true #1 is crazy, he has probowl potential for sure.

On the Bryant note, it depends who else is on the board, if one of the top 3 OT is there, I think you simply have to grab them. Now, if Bryant dropped to 17, I think I would feel more comfortable taking him there as long as we have our OT.

Absolutely. If the value is there and we've gotten an OT, I don't mind taking him.

That being said, I'd prefer a lot of other guys (Graham and Haden specifically).
I'm hoping Berry, Haden, Bryant, Dan Williams, go before us, pushing one of the top OT's down to us.
Draft this man
Share 49ersWebzone