There are 200 users in the forums

If Dez Bryant falls to 13

If Dez Bryant falls to 13

Originally posted by sspiker:
We have talented receivers. We don't have an O-line that can stop the rush to give Smith enough time to throw to them, or a CoP back that can switch up our too-predictable offense.

We have 1 talented receiver and a telented tight end. Who is the 2nd talented receiver? Morgan? He's a good blocker and selfless player but he hasn't really proved to be all that talented yet. Bryant / Bulaga? or Bryant / Williams? That sounds pretty damn good but my biggest fear would be Bryant's attitude and the fact that he is dumber than s**t.
For all of those who reject Dez Bryant should he fall to us by claiming that OL is a bigger need, blah blah blah.... I want to simply remind you that most of the time, the 9er org chooses a playmaker, top talent, potential star, which is usually a player in a skilled position or defensive stud. Kentwan Balmer was the exception. If Bryant falls, you can almost be sure the 9ers will jump on him. Spiller would be nice, but Bryant is rated ahead of him. The only way I can see the niners passing on him if Bryant has a less than stellar combine performance. Peace out.
Originally posted by jmoore71:
We have talented receivers. We don't have an O-line that can stop the rush to give Smith enough time to throw to them, or a CoP back that can switch up our too-predictable offense.

We have 1 talented receiver and a telented tight end. Who is the 2nd talented receiver? Morgan? He's a good blocker and selfless player but he hasn't really proved to be all that talented yet. Bryant / Bulaga? or Bryant / Williams? That sounds pretty damn good but my biggest fear would be Bryant's attitude and the fact that he is dumber than s**t.

Morgan is good and Jason Hill is fast. They have yet to develop well for a variety of reasons: 1) changing schemes, 2) no true #1 threat like Crabtree or Davis, 3) too much pressure on the QB, so Hill can't go deep and show off his speed, 4) predictable offense setup so everyone knows if we're running or passing.

Bryant would add to the team, but he wouldn't live up to his full potential unless we strengthen the line, and having a dynamic player in the backfield would help as well. But if we take Bryant, we limit our chances to do either of those two things successfully.

This draft presents us the chance to become a truly solid, well-rounded team, but we have to build up our weaknesses. On offense, you can always improve your WR corps but its not a weakness, especially since I believe Morgan and Hill can become solid players.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
For all of those who reject Dez Bryant should he fall to us by claiming that OL is a bigger need, blah blah blah.... I want to simply remind you that most of the time, the 9er org chooses a playmaker, top talent, potential star, which is usually a player in a skilled position or defensive stud. Kentwan Balmer was the exception. If Bryant falls, you can almost be sure the 9ers will jump on him. Spiller would be nice, but Bryant is rated ahead of him. The only way I can see the niners passing on him if Bryant has a less than stellar combine performance. Peace out.

Yeah, and by doing that and ignoring the Oline we have still not sniffed the POs. A great Oline can mask lack of playmakers, but not vice versa.
i cant believe some people want spiller and don't want dez Bryant. Bryant would give us a great weapon and would acually start immediately we can also use him to return punts

Bryant> spiller as BPA as well
Originally posted by jmoore71:

Morgan is good and Jason Hill is fast. They have yet to develop well for a variety of reasons: 1) changing schemes, 2) no true #1 threat like Crabtree or Davis, 3) too much pressure on the QB, so Hill can't go deep and show off his speed, 4) predictable offense setup so everyone knows if we're running or passing.

Bryant would add to the team, but he wouldn't live up to his full potential unless we strengthen the line, and having a dynamic player in the backfield would help as well. But if we take Bryant, we limit our chances to do either of those two things successfully.

This draft presents us the chance to become a truly solid, well-rounded team, but we have to build up our weaknesses. On offense, you can always improve your WR corps but its not a weakness, especially since I believe Morgan and Hill can become solid players.

Morgan is good in who's book? He would have a hard time getting on the field for the Cardinals or Saints as a 5th or 6th receiver.

And where is that burning speed that Hill has? He must have left it on the track,
because I have not seen where he flat out beat corners in this league.
Originally posted by strickac:
Personally, if the team is going to consider it, I'd much rather just send that pick to the Broncos for Marshall. Best case, Bryant turns out to be similar to Marshall. For the money, and security, just trade for Marshall. He's the real deal.

Brandon Marshall and Crabtree would strike fear in defenses. How could they contain Vernon and Gore with those freaks spread out wide?

that would def be scary! but now who's gonna block and what if Smith is not the answer?

and then start threads with can't wait til the season 2011-2012 starts!
Trade pick
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I'll take Bryant if he is the BPA at 13. In case of a toss up between Bryant and Spiller, I'll take the WR. WRs have more trade value, if for some reason we are not able to keep both Crabtree and Bryant in future - we can easily trade Bryant or Crabtree for a 1st rounder + another pick. Trading a running back for a 1st round pick is tough.
Originally posted by krizay:
Take him!

Bryant bigger/better addition than Spiller IMO.

Bryant will see the field a whole lot more while still adding playmaking abilities. He can return punts and would allow us to leave Morgan returning kicks.

This will also allow us to add a speed back who will only see the field 7-10 times a game later in the draft.

Just how good is his return skillz?

of course we should! look at the benifits the cards offense had of having 2 beast at the wr position!
No thanks.
Screw me once shame on you . . .

Just considering the possibility of dealing with the Parker/Sanders circus two years in a row and again hearing that a player should be paid above slot because he slipped due to circumstances beyond his control makes me queasy.
Originally posted by krizay:
Take him!

Bryant bigger/better addition than Spiller IMO.

Bryant will see the field a whole lot more while still adding playmaking abilities. He can return punts and would allow us to leave Morgan returning kicks.

This will also allow us to add a speed back who will only see the field 7-10 times a game later in the draft.

Yeah I think I would prefer Bryant over Spiller but I prefer Graham over both
The best available player. If he is it then take him. We still have lots of holes including at WR. Crabtree is vastly overrated on this site and our so called #2 and #3 guys are a joke. They couldn't start for any other team in the league. Of course we still need WR's. I doubt we take him though.
Share 49ersWebzone