There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you like this??

If Spiller were there at #13, pass on Spiller, take the best OT and hope Spiller will be there at #17 ??? or do you pull the trigger if Spiller is there with our first rd 1 pick? We all know Spiller will be HUGE if we dont go after Bush or Cribbs to solidify our KR/PR duties, plus Spiller will be an instant HR threat and upgrade over Coffee and can split out wide that will add weapons and fire to our offense !!

Or.. forget Spiller, go after best available OT at #13 and hope we can add G Iupoti with #17 and solidify our o line ?? say..

LT Staley LG Iupoti? C Heitman RG Rachal RT Bauloga? T Williams?

HB 1 Gore HB 2 Spiller? HB 3 Coffee
We don't 'know' Spiller will be huge. There are no guarantees in the draft.
Originally posted by English:

what he said
It really all depends on what Seattle does with the number 6 pick. If they go with an OT, then more than likely they will pick Spiller with the number 14 pick. If they pass on an OT with their first pick, then we can roll the dice and hope they pick an OT with their 14th pick.

Niners are going to be stuck with quite the decision especially since there is a chance that the top 4 OTs go in the first 10 picks. If this happens then I would not mind Spiller and Iupati.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
It really all depends on what Seattle does with the number 6 pick. If they go with an OT, then more than likely they will pick Spiller with the number 14 pick. If they pass on an OT with their first pick, then we can roll the dice and hope they pick an OT with their 14th pick.

Niners are going to be stuck with quite the decision especially since there is a chance that the top 4 OTs go in the first 10 picks. If this happens then I would not mind Spiller and Iupati.

gotta grab him at 13 if hes there. no way he falls to our next pick
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
We don't 'know' Spiller will be huge. There are no guarantees in the draft.[/quot

[ Edited by cupcheck on Feb 26, 2010 at 05:47:47 ]
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A

Odds are,the #1 at a position has a grater chance of immediate contribution, especially at R.B. than the #4 or #5 O.L. in their rookie year.So you are right, there are no guarantees,but the probability is much higher with R.B.
First of all, Bush and Cribbs look to be re-signing with the Saints and the Browns. The more likely option would be Sproles at this point. I would prefer that the Niners sign him as a proven NFL performer rather than take a chance on Spiller.
Why are you asking this when there are like 2 spiller threads with like 20 pages worth of spiller pros/cons vs OT. There even a draft spiller just to block him from the seahawks thread.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
If Spiller were there at #13, pass on Spiller, take the best OT and hope Spiller will be there at #17 ??? or do you pull the trigger if Spiller is there with our first rd 1 pick? We all know Spiller will be HUGE if we dont go after Bush or Cribbs to solidify our KR/PR duties, plus Spiller will be an instant HR threat and upgrade over Coffee and can split out wide that will add weapons and fire to our offense !!

Or.. forget Spiller, go after best available OT at #13 and hope we can add G Iupoti with #17 and solidify our o line ?? say..

LT Staley LG Iupoti? C Heitman RG Rachal RT Bauloga? T Williams?

HB 1 Gore HB 2 Spiller? HB 3 Coffee

that's what we should do! think about it & also look at other teams that have an awesome o-line. It makes so much since to solidify the o-line one of the most important positions in the whole damn game! w/o a good/great o-line you ain't going to do s**t! proven plus we've seen it.

staley, heitman, rachal are young/ chilo needs to man the f**k up which i think he will going into yr #3. i think he's been called out & he will show the nasty side we've seen. bring in another killer in Iupotu & Bauloga (or hell another solid T) then you've got the start of one hell of a foundation.

if sing & raye really want to pound that rock then hell this makes all the freakin sense. not saying they come in & dominate as rookies but give a year or two then f**k yeah!
Some people are under the assumption that a rookie lineman is going to come in and dominate. Don't you think they are subject to rookie mistakes like anyone else? I guess all we need are a couple of linemen and we are in the Super Bowl? If only it were that easy.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Some people are under the assumption that a rookie lineman is going to come in and dominate. Don't you think they are subject to rookie mistakes like anyone else? I guess all we need are a couple of linemen and we are in the Super Bowl? If only it were that easy.

Agreed. But unless we get the linemen we are going to continue to struggle (Captain Obvious, I know). But early picked rookie linemen can start and put in a major contribution. I know that 90% of the threads here want sexy picks and put off the line until later. Sometimes much later. But I want a line this year.