LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 171 users in the forums

At #13, Spiller or MCClain?

At #13, Spiller or MCClain?

Originally posted by domesik:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
NEITHER! Why are we wasting 1st round picks on areas that we are already good at? that's retarded.

Look at LT and Westbrook, Gore will be there in a couple years, that is just the way of the featured RB in the NFL. Better to draft his eventual replacement now instead of waiting for is to be a HUGE need.

this...
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
This is simple, we need Spiller, we dont need McClain.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Neither...Iupati, because he likes to destroy people.

He also likes to go offsides 4 times a quarter..
Spiller.
NEITHER! Why are we wasting 1st round picks on areas that we are already good at? that's retarded.

Look at LT and Westbrook, Gore will be there in a couple years, that is just the way of the featured RB in the NFL. Better to draft his eventual replacement now instead of waiting for is to be a HUGE need.

we already have a HUGE need at o line first draft o line if spiller is there at 17 then we get him otherwise we can wait untill at least next year where it wont be a HUGE need and when we wont have any huge needs ourselves
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

we already have a HUGE need at o line first draft o line if spiller is there at 17 then we get him otherwise we can wait untill at least next year where it wont be a HUGE need and when we wont have any huge needs ourselves

If you are in a position to draft a star player you go ahead and draft him. Who knows if we will be in a spot to take a stud RB next year. Spiller makes a lot of sense for the Niners right now. We need a complimentary back to Gore and a special teams stud. Spiller is that guy. It would be foolish to pass on him in my opinion unless Haden somehow falls that far.
just between the two, its going to be Spiller. We need speed on offense, simply put. We have no deep threat on offense, no player that makes a defender worry about being outran. Gore got some long carries last year after breaking tackles, but he doesnt have that 6th gear. Spiller got that.

McClain is a talented LB but Id rather address our bad offense.

First of all Westbrook was never good except for that one year when he went to the Pro Bowl. He was always injured and a mediocre player. LT played great for 9 years and I know he isn't done yet. Gore still has a few good years left AT LEAST, so why worry about it now?
More likely, neither. I could get excited about Spiller, but McClain would be a bad pick, IMO.

I think it'll be Brandon Graham, Trent Williams or Mike Iupati at #13. Then we'll come back for a power back (Dwyer, Blount or even Charles Scott, Anthony Dixon or Toby Gerhart).

For the value, Blount would be a steal in the 5th. Had he not been suspended, he'd probably be projected in the 2nd-3rd round.
Originally posted by strickac:
More likely, neither. I could get excited about Spiller, but McClain would be a bad pick, IMO.

I think it'll be Brandon Graham, Trent Williams or Mike Iupati at #13. Then we'll come back for a power back (Dwyer, Blount or even Charles Scott, Anthony Dixon or Toby Gerhart).

For the value, Blount would be a steal in the 5th. Had he not been suspended, he'd probably be projected in the 2nd-3rd round.
that dood deserved to get punched...

• cupcheck
  • Info N/A
The Minnesota vikings had a 1000 yrd. rusher in Chester Taylor the year they took the #1 RB. in the draft, Adrien Peterson.Do you think they couldn't have used that pick on a more urgent need? QB! The point is IF Frank Gore gets hurt or worn down by playoff time then what?Sometimes #1 at a position trumps #4or #5 at a need position.
Neither. I would rather draft someone else or trade down to the highest bidder.
BEST OT
I like McClain and so does Singletary:

http://blog.al.com/tide-source/2010/02/hall_of_fame_mlb_mike_singleta.html

Willis and McClain sound scary to me.
Originally posted by cupcheck:
The Minnesota vikings had a 1000 yrd. rusher in Chester Taylor the year they took the #1 RB. in the draft, Adrien Peterson.Do you think they couldn't have used that pick on a more urgent need? QB! The point is IF Frank Gore gets hurt or worn down by playoff time then what?Sometimes #1 at a position trumps #4or #5 at a need position.

They were no qbs avaliable worth the selection and gore >>>>>> Chester Taylor then and now and theyalrwady had a solid o line. O line is the most important especially if u rank in the bottom 5
Share 49ersWebzone