LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Do you think McCloughan and gang would seriously consider Campbell in the 1st?

Do you think McCloughan and gang would seriously consider Campbell in the 1st?

Wow, this guy just got measured at 36 1/4" and that is huge. Going off of McCloughan's penchant for workout warriors, and the fact that Campbell will be the most athletically gifted OL in a long time, do you guys think Solari and Sing would strongly consider drafting him if he were there?
If Mayock's hunch is right and 4 OT's go in the first 9 picks, than I think Scot will consider Campbell in the first. But I think that may be the only scenario in which we do.
Originally posted by Overkill:
If Mayock's hunch is right and 4 OT's go in the first 9 picks, than I think Scot will consider Campbell in the first. But I think that may be the only scenario in which we do.

Reported by one of the Matts.......I think it was Sing that said they will not reach for anybody. If his value isn't deemed that high we could wait till the 2nd round.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Overkill:

Reported by one of the Matts.......I think it was Sing that said they will not reach for anybody. If his value isn't deemed that high we could wait till the 2nd round.

They say that every year, but they were prepared to reach for Duane Brown in the first a few years back (with the pick that became Balmer) simply because there was a run on OT's that year.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Wow, this guy just got measured at 36 1/4" and that is huge. Going off of McCloughan's penchant for workout warriors, and the fact that Campbell will be the most athletically gifted OL in a long time, do you guys think Solari and Sing would strongly consider drafting him if he were there?

I'm hoping that Al Davis stays true to form and grabs Campbell, pushing someone better down to the Niners...again.
its funny how when a source posts the largest value in a test or measurement for an athlete, it immediately becomes a thread.

And they havent even started workouts yet!

[ Edited by darkknight49 on Feb 25, 2010 at 10:57:42 ]
Doesn't matter, if he runs under 5.0 in the 40, Al Davis (when he's done creaming his pants) will take him in the Top 10.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
I'm hoping that Al Davis stays true to form and grabs Campbell, pushing someone better down to the Niners...again.

100% agree.
I really doubt our GM reaches for him. That would be another nail in his coffin if the 49ers fail to make the playoffs next season.
i would take him at 17 but not earlier

I dont think so. Campbell is a good pass blocker but not strong in the running game. I just dont see him as someone that the Niners would covet. Project, not a good run blocker.... just dont see him on the Niners.
I hope so, I like Campbell.
pls NO
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Kinda meh about him. Solari is known to get rookies playing well quickly. So at 16/17 i could be convinced into wanting to draft Campbell
Originally posted by mayo63:
Quote:

100% agree.

Share 49ersWebzone