There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which network has better overall NFL Draft Coverage?

Which network has better overall NFL Draft Coverage?

Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I hate NFL network the only time i watch it is when they have games on

You don't get the channel do you? Because if you did you'd be hooked...

Yes i do get that channel, and i think its horrible, i know im in the minority here but i jsut dont like it
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,979
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Do you ever seriously give your own opinion when you start your polls before you get a page or 2 of responses because I have never EVER seen you do so.

Maybe he has no opinions and relies on the webzone to form his opinions for him...

I honestly swear up and down he does. He has been a member for f**king ever and has always flooded the boards with polls where he gives no personal opinion then pops back in a day or 2 later sharing the same sentiment as the majority.

GTSCH a long time vet who is now banned blasted this guy like you have never seen, and another cat (can't remember the other cats name but it started with T also) and got heavily warned back in the day because he grew so tired of these opinion-less posts. Dude was also a heavy V-Tech homer and led the draft Jimmy Williams bandwagon around here for a hot minute.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Do you ever seriously give your own opinion when you start your polls before you get a page or 2 of responses because I have never EVER seen you do so.

Maybe he has no opinions and relies on the webzone to form his opinions for him...

I honestly swear up and down he does. He has been a member for f**king ever and has always flooded the boards with polls where he gives no personal opinion then pops back in a day or 2 later sharing the same sentiment as the majority.

GTSCH a long time vet who is now banned blasted this guy like you have never seen, and another cat (can't remember the other cats name but it started with T also) and got heavily warned back in the day because he grew so tired of these opinion-less posts. Dude was also a heavy V-Tech homer and led the draft Jimmy Williams bandwagon around here for a hot minute.

Who cares?
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,979
Originally posted by TX9R:
ESPN has far better production, NFLN just looks 3rd rate and they have shuffled people on and off so much there's really no continuity in their coverage. I like Mayock and hope they have Corey Chavous on like they did for SR Bowl, he knows his stuff.
I generally try and watch both, ESPN has a tendency to focus on a few stories over and over (Brady Quinn comes to mind) and not do enough analysis of each pick. I think having Schefter now gives them the edge though.
NFLN just needs to add more guys who know their stuff and less talking heads like fat mouth Dukes and Deon. Adding some ex GM/ scout types and having the same guys every year would make it far better. But I'm not the majority and most probably like the more blow hard types.

Corey Chavous is a freaking college football/draft nut. During his last year is when I believe he 1st appeared on NFLN to do some draft coverage and talk and talked about how he watches a ton of game film on these kids and how he would TIVO games during the season and watch them in his free time.

Dude has a serious future on NFLN with Mayock if they let him be a bigger part of things. He could be the McShay to Mayock's Kiper. I really enjoy his analysis and you are so right he does know his s**t.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,152
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by TX9R:
ESPN has far better production, NFLN just looks 3rd rate and they have shuffled people on and off so much there's really no continuity in their coverage. I like Mayock and hope they have Corey Chavous on like they did for SR Bowl, he knows his stuff.
I generally try and watch both, ESPN has a tendency to focus on a few stories over and over (Brady Quinn comes to mind) and not do enough analysis of each pick. I think having Schefter now gives them the edge though.
NFLN just needs to add more guys who know their stuff and less talking heads like fat mouth Dukes and Deon. Adding some ex GM/ scout types and having the same guys every year would make it far better. But I'm not the majority and most probably like the more blow hard types.

Corey Chavous is a freaking college football/draft nut. During his last year is when I believe he 1st appeared on NFLN to do some draft coverage and talk and talked about how he watches a ton of game film on these kids and how he would TIVO games during the season and watch them in his free time.

Dude has a serious future on NFLN with Mayock if they let him be a bigger part of things. He could be the McShay to Mayock's Kiper. I really enjoy his analysis and you are so right he does know his s**t.

He's been doing it a long time. I remember when he was playing I saw a feature on him and how much time he spent studying the draft so I followed him a bit. He was often right on, I knew when he retired he'd make a career of it. He has to be the only ex (modern) player who does this to this extent and I put a lot of stock in that. I know he has his site, but I agree pair him and Mayock every year and leave out all the BS guys.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I hate NFL network the only time i watch it is when they have games on

You don't get the channel do you? Because if you did you'd be hooked...

Yes i do get that channel, and i think its horrible, i know im in the minority here but i jsut dont like it

Well, ok, I guess I understand. I hate Mtv the same way so I can relate. I, personally, love NFL Network, though I watch both them and ESPN on draft day. Just like NFL Network a little better because their more geared to a younger audience.

It's all good though...
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I hate NFL network the only time i watch it is when they have games on

You don't get the channel do you? Because if you did you'd be hooked...

Yes i do get that channel, and i think its horrible, i know im in the minority here but i jsut dont like it

Well, ok, I guess I understand. I hate Mtv the same way so I can relate. I, personally, love NFL Network, though I watch both them and ESPN on draft day. Just like NFL Network a little better because their more geared to a younger audience.

It's all good though...

No its not all good, you are now my sworn enemy and ill will now reply to all of your posts with this because now i hate your guts
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by valrod33:
I hate NFL network the only time i watch it is when they have games on

You don't get the channel do you? Because if you did you'd be hooked...

Yes i do get that channel, and i think its horrible, i know im in the minority here but i jsut dont like it

Well, ok, I guess I understand. I hate Mtv the same way so I can relate. I, personally, love NFL Network, though I watch both them and ESPN on draft day. Just like NFL Network a little better because their more geared to a younger audience.

It's all good though...

No its not all good, you are now my sworn enemy and ill will now reply to all of your posts with this because now i hate your guts

He'll do it, I've seen it.
Will NFL network be live from the combine? I looked on the schedule but I only see "Combine Press Conference." Please tell me they're showing the actual combine and not just some Press Conferences.
Your kidding right? Of course NFL network will be there. That's all they are, NFL.

I just think that ESPN has grown too big for their britches. While they have some good analysts (Former players) they are too much into the BS side of things.

Yes, NFLN has it's boneheads as well. Dukes and Deion are definitely over the top,
but some the guys are really knowledgable.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Will NFL network be live from the combine? I looked on the schedule but I only see "Combine Press Conference." Please tell me they're showing the actual combine and not just some Press Conferences.

I believe the workouts don't start until Saturday.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Will NFL network be live from the combine? I looked on the schedule but I only see "Combine Press Conference." Please tell me they're showing the actual combine and not just some Press Conferences.

I believe the workouts don't start until Saturday.

Ah there it is. Thanks
I don't have cable, and so I don't get the NFL Network or ESPN. However, last year the NFLN had the whole draft broadcasted on their web-site, which was great of them.

When I did have cable I used to watch the draft on ESPN, and it was fine. On the other hand, last year I really enjoyed the NFLN broadcast because they had Mayock and John Gruden giving analysis. I thought Gruden really added a spark to even the tedious later rounds since he stayed for the whole thing while other broadcasters already called it a day. Hopefully this year they will get some more guest coach commentators to give analysis all draft long; perhaps Billick.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Love NFLN. They could do with some better analysts but I love Mayock. I think LaConfora is pretty good too when they have him on. Not convinced yet about Lombardi. I also like Baldinger and Brian Billick.

ESPN isn't immune to this either but I hate how many ex-athletes they have as analysts. Being a former athlete doesn't make you a good or even decent analyst.

I believe that Howard Cosell called it the "jockocracy" and hated it.
NFLN is miles ahead of ESPN
Espn focuses too much on the top tier and gives no love to players after top 25ish. And they play the same montage video thing a million times

NFLN has video on every prospect and they seem to have more depth throughout the whole draft