LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 435 users in the forums

Sing singles out Running Back and OT

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Then why the hell did we pick Coffee last year?

I swear, we have the worst 3rd round picks:
Glen Coffee-Depth and still a little too early
Reggie Smith-Too early to tell
Ray McDonald-Not bad
Brandon Williams
Adam Snyder-Should be backup
Derrick Hamilton
Andrew Williams
Saleem Rasheed
Kevan Barlow
Giovanni Carmazzi
Jeff Ulbrich-Not bad

LOL goes to show you the joke of GM's we've had in the past. maybe the problem here is the Yorks aren't committed to wining? Would Scotty be a GM somewhere else? I don't think so. Dude hasn't put any talent for us on the field the last 3 drafts. (not counting Willis, & V.D. or Crabtree). Blew it with Rachel over Desean Jackson?
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

Glen Coffee
Reggie Smith
Ray McDonald
Brandon Williams
Adam Snyder
Derrick Hamilton
Andrew Williams
Saleem Rasheed
Kevan Barlow
Giovanni Carmazzi
Jeff Ulbrich

Valid question. I think Scotty makes 3rd round picks and on. Sing should and will have more input on 1st and 2nd round picks.

Well, to be fair only 5 of those guys are Scot picks, McDonald is a good roleplayer, and Frank Gore was a 3rd round pick....so really Scot is 2 for 6.

Not great, but not as bad as advertised.

He hasn't done too bad in the first round tho. Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis, Joe Staley, Michael Crabtree....and even Manny lawson has shown a few flashes.

People like to site Kentwan Balmer as evidense that Scot doesn't know what he's doing, but I'll take Balmer if I get Willis, Davis, Staley and Crabtree to go along with him.
You'd have to add Ulbrich to the "good" list.

My 1st rd draft would be Spiller and Bulaga, Campbell or even Charles Brown. OL Coach Solari likes guys who're very agile and can zone block.
Originally posted by wailers15:

Ray McDonald-Not bad
Brandon Williams
Derrick Hamilton
Andrew Williams
Saleem Rasheed
Kevan Barlow
Giovanni Carmazzi
Jeff Ulbrich-Not bad

LOL goes to show you the joke of GM's we've had in the past. maybe the problem here is the Yorks aren't committed to wining? Would Scotty be a GM somewhere else? I don't think so. Dude hasn't put any talent for us on the field the last 3 drafts. (not counting Willis, & V.D. or Crabtree). Blew it with Rachel over Desean Jackson?

You serious?
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by cupcheck:
Because the third round picks don't produce anyway,why not trade this years third and 2011 first and acquire a three first rounders this year?All the seniors and good juniors came out this year.Next year will be thin pickings.Besides we'll be picking in the 30's spot anyway! HAVE A LITTLE FAITH!!

NO thank because they have not turned the corner yet into a team that you know what your going to get. they could go out next yr and be a 10-6 team or a 7 -9 team and if there 7-9 you just traded a top 10 pick of a late first No thanks. I want them to be a 16-0 team but there not there yet.
Here's a thought,what if with that third #1 pick we grab Perrish Cox[CB],Chad Jones[SS],or Brandon Graham[OLB]?The point is the more taleted players are available in the #1 round.Lower round players don't usually deliver an immediate impact,and production on the field sooner results in a better win/lose record.
Originally posted by dlance:
Because the third round picks don't produce anyway,why not trade this years third and 2011 first and acquire a three first rounders this year?All the seniors and good juniors came out this year.Next year will be thin pickings.Besides we'll be picking in the 30's spot anyway! HAVE A LITTLE FAITH!!

NO thank because they have not turned the corner yet into a team that you know what your going to get. they could go out next yr and be a 10-6 team or a 7 -9 team and if there 7-9 you just traded a top 10 pick of a late first No thanks. I want them to be a 16-0 team but there not there yet.
Here's a thought,what if with that third #1 pick we grab Perrish Cox[CB],Chad Jones[SS],or Brandon Graham[OLB]?The point is the more taleted players are available in the #1 round.Lower round players don't usually deliver an immediate impact,and production on the field sooner results in a better win/lose record.

more taleted players are available in the #1 round.Lower round players don't usually deliver an immediate impact, That is 100% true. and top ten pick usually deliver more then the 28th pick. you want to trade next yr first and a third this yr for a low first round pick this yr. IF they finish next yr around 7-9 that will be a top ten pick and you would have traded it away. No Thank. do you want to trade the 13 pick this yr and a 3 for the 28th pick because if they finish 8-8 that is what you have just done. one thing if Alex Smith get hurt again there is no way they are going to do well.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Touche'
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Spiller and Williams step right up
  • Nebr49erfan
  • Info N/A
Well I think that in response to 3rd round horrible picks . . .

You are either spoiled by the masterful drafts from Walsh and the Glory days or you are not really seeing it.

Coffee - Still unknown, showed great in preseason seemed unable to handle regular season and frankly Oline issues may have been a big part of this. Give him a year of training and health.

R Smith - Injured, but the draft-nicks threw the world steal around when he was selected. Big program, athletic safety. Damn groin muscles.

R. McDonald - He came off major injury and was considered a contributor to pass rush. How is he even on here.

B Williams - Total reach/bust, seemed like scouts fell in love with idea of KR/Slot and not a player.

Snyder - Considering the crap we have endured over the years on the oline he is incredibly valuable and has been a spot starter at times throughout the career. He will help again next year in some capacity.

D Hamilton - looked the part, I remember the coaches loving his size to speed ratio, never seemed to put it together.

A Williams - Reach, they were wanting pass rush earlier if I remember correctly to compliment Julian Peterson and they attempted to fill other needs first. DT and OL.

Saleem Rasheed - Why do I think he hurt his neck, did he ever see the field.

Barlow - remember Shannahan said great pick up and the best RB in the draft? He was not a bust, just a head case.

Carmazzi - Garcia was QB and they attempted to grab a QB that they fell in love with.

Ulbrich - How can he be on here. ST God and contributor on defense. How many LBs stay on a team that long.

Ultimately, your choices while all have not worked out, seem like you are just being naive about the process. As stated earlier you can not strike lightening in a bottle in every later round.
when he looks at a Tackle or a Running Back, he looks for...

he looks for?!?

you just gonna leave us hanging like that? what does he look for?

[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Feb 25, 2010 at 02:05:11 ]

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
when he looks at a Tackle or a Running Back, he looks for...

he looks for?!?

you just gonna leave us hanging like that? what does he look for?

we need a rb with blazing speed like chris johnson we should draft cj spiller or j best it kills two birds with one stone cause we also needs a great returner and change of pace back to go with gore
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:

Ray McDonald-Not bad
Brandon Williams
Derrick Hamilton
Andrew Williams
Saleem Rasheed
Kevan Barlow
Giovanni Carmazzi
Jeff Ulbrich-Not bad

Staley, Morgan, Goldson & Brown have all played roles on this team if you want to look at the last 3 drafts.

And some people really REALLY REALLY need to get over Desean Jackson. There were nearly 50 players who went before he did and 32 teams passed on him at least once, some more than once including the Eagles who drafted Trevor Laws before they took Jackson. This is seriously old news, you need to get over it already.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
You'd have to add Ulbrich to the "good" list.

My 1st rd draft would be Spiller and Bulaga, Campbell or even Charles Brown. OL Coach Solari likes guys who're very agile and can zone block.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by English:

Glen Coffee
Reggie Smith
Ray McDonald
Brandon Williams
Adam Snyder
Derrick Hamilton
Andrew Williams
Saleem Rasheed
Kevan Barlow
Giovanni Carmazzi
Jeff Ulbrich

Someone has to mention Frank Gore. Might as well be me!

1/12 isn't good.

Cosigned. But dang, if Sing is showing us a preview of what they're looking for, I would be in love with a draft of Spiller and then Williams or Bulaga. We'd have the #1 running game in the league next year. Beastly. I think I'm

Probably alone in the zone, I am not convinced about drafting Spiller.

You are not alone
Share 49ersWebzone