There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sing singles out Running Back and OT

Spiller!!! Spiller!!! Spiller!!!

• cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Because the third round picks don't produce anyway,why not trade this years third and 2011 first and acquire a three first rounders this year?All the seniors and good juniors came out this year.Next year will be thin pickings.Besides we'll be picking in the 30's spot anyway! HAVE A LITTLE FAITH!!
Originally posted by cupcheck:
Because the third round picks don't produce anyway,why not trade this years third and 2011 first and acquire a three first rounders this year?All the seniors and good juniors came out this year.Next year will be thin pickings.Besides we'll be picking in the 30's spot anyway! HAVE A LITTLE FAITH!!

No, that is all

Do you remember we gave away our pick to New England to get Joe Staley. The thought was we were on the verge of turning the corner. Well.....it didn't happen....New England had our 1st rounder (which was a high pick after our 5-11 season). And instead of being in the top 10 that year, we drafted Balmer.

Thanks but no thanks to your 3 first rounder idea
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Then why the hell did we pick Coffee last year?

I swear, we have the worst 3rd round picks:
Glen Coffee
Reggie Smith
Ray McDonald
Brandon Williams
Adam Snyder
Derrick Hamilton
Andrew Williams
Saleem Rasheed
Kevan Barlow
Giovanni Carmazzi
Jeff Ulbrich

Someone has to mention Frank Gore. Might as well be me!

The sun even shines on a dog's ass once in awhile.

Hopefully you are referring to the third round picks not the poster!

No, the poster is cool.. 3rd rounders, aside from Gore, not so much.. I think we should just trade the pick so we don't whiff again.

Our 3rd round track record is bad. Good teams don't miss on 3rd rounders as often as we seem to..

McDonald, Snyder, Barlow, and Ulbrich were all valuable additions to the team. Just because they're not probowl starters doesn't mean they were bad picks. Out of 53 players only 22 can be starters. That still leaves 31 spots where you need talented role players.

Getting good backups/decent starters with 3rd round picks isn't bad. You can't expect starters from every round.
Gore getting injured every year,does fu*k up the rotation.

• cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Youngone:

Do you remember we gave away our pick to New England to get Joe Staley. The thought was we were on the verge of turning the corner. Well.....it didn't happen....New England had our 1st rounder (which was a high pick after our 5-11 season). And instead of being in the top 10 that year, we drafted Balmer.

Thanks but no thanks to your 3 first rounder idea
Ya,I remember!That was the year Hostler was OC,and the year Nolan threw A. Smith under the bus because of his should.Dilfer also got hurt,and in came Hill to rescue the day.Had a rookie tackle and a lot of so-so talent on that team.And Bill Walsh died.RIP SO don't let that fiasco of a year cloud your thinking as far as getting talent when it is there to be had.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Spiller!!! Spiller!!! Spiller!!!

How about this year's 3rd + Brandon Jones for Josh Cribbs?
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by CornellU49er:

How about this year's 3rd + Brandon Jones for Josh Cribbs?

Only if we still draft spiller,defenses won't stack 8 in the box with that speed and agility on the edge
ryan matthews
Originally posted by ads_2006:
ryan matthews

I think he will be a Charger, but of course the combine might change that
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
ryan matthews

I think he will be a Charger, but of course the combine might change that

didnt even think about that

That would be a good fit

NO thank because they have not turned the corner yet into a team that you know what your going to get. they could go out next yr and be a 10-6 team or a 7 -9 team and if there 7-9 you just traded a top 10 pick of a late first No thanks. I want them to be a 16-0 team but there not there yet.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Then why the hell did we pick Coffee last year?

I swear, we have the worst 3rd round picks:

Frank Gore
Glen Coffee
Reggie Smith
Ray McDonald
Brandon Williams
Adam Snyder
Derrick Hamilton
Andrew Williams
Saleem Rasheed
Kevan Barlow
Giovanni Carmazzi