LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

LSU's Ciron Black

Ciron Black, OT/OG, LSU

What do you think of Ciron Black? Where is he projected to go in the 2010 NFL Draft? Last year, he was projected as high as a Top 10 pick in the first round! By all accounts, his draft stock has fallen. In my opinion, I believe he fits better as an Offensive Guard. I would love to see the 49ers draft Ciron Black in the 3rd-4th round!

[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 14, 2010 at 21:36:40 ]
Well, Pat, top 10 is a little off.

At the end of last year, Black was actually projected more towards the top of the 2nd round. He stuck to that range before the season started and gradually slid to late 2nd, then early 3rd. Now he's in that late 3rd-4th range.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Well, Pat, top 10 is a little off.

At the end of last year, Black was actually projected more towards the top of the 2nd round. He stuck to that range before the season started and gradually slid to late 2nd, then early 3rd. Now he's in that late 3rd-4th range.

Sorry OTC, I thought his stock was much higher. Thanks man.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I personally think he is just as good as Anthony Davis and Bruce Campbell who I'm not high on. I like Okung and Bulaga with our first two picks but would want to trade down into the mid to late twenties to get a guy like Trent Williams or Charles Brown who would be reaches, in my opinion, even at 17.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I know people are screaming for a tackle in round 1, but I'm curious about the effect of good coaching on our current Oline. We have 4 "First day" (old school) picks on the line as it is. Let's coach them up and see how they run as a unit.

That allows us to go Spiller/Graham Spiller/Mcclain etc and really grab the BPA in the first round. In the later rounds draft insurance like Black, Fox, Young etc. A starting RT can be found outside the first round.
Big guy, slow feet.. Plays OK in a small space.. May end up as a guard.
If the Niners pass on an OT in the first round (which I cant see) then Black could be a decent pick in round 3 and a very solid pick in round 4. I dont see him as a 49er however. I think Williams, Davis, Bulaga, or Campbell are almost a lock for this team and a 2nd OT will not be taken that high.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

This guy would be perfect in the 4th round or even a late third rounder to play right tackle!
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

That's exactly what I'm thinking too.
girls arms.

Would rather take a gaurd in the 4th rather than the first round!
I'm fairly high on him as a mid to late round pick. And there were certainly projections of him as a first rounder at times last year. It was kind of a shock that he didn't come out, it certainly seems to have cost him. I think the kid has talent. His slip could lead to a great value.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Would rather take a gaurd in the 4th rather than the first round!

Thats what I'm talking about... To target him in the 3rd-4th round.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
3rd/4th round yeah. What was the point of this thread? He's clearly known as a 3rd/4th round prospect
Seems like he would be nice mid-round pick up.
Share 49ersWebzone