There are 139 users in the forums

2011 draft pick?

I’m not sure if this is the right forum but here it goes.

I was in early elementary school when the last lock out happened, so I have a question for those of you that remember it. If there is a lock out in 2011 how does that affect the draft? Do they draft players even if there is a lock out?

The reason I ask is what if we traded a 2011 1st round pick for a 2010 2nd round pick?
Originally posted by jta854:
I’m not sure if this is the right forum but here it goes.

I was in early elementary school when the last lock out happened, so I have a question for those of you that remember it. If there is a lock out in 2011 how does that affect the draft? Do they draft players even if there is a lock out?

The reason I ask is what if we traded a 2011 1st round pick for a 2010 2nd round pick?

I remember the scab players but not anything about how the draft went. My thinking is the draft/combine would go on as planned then after that there wouldn't be any action. But then again maybe not since the rookie salary cap is something that has been talked about. Good question.
according to i believe Mort of ESPN, there WILL be a 2011 draft, but the 2011 season might be a lock out yr, but the Draft is ON.

Now if their is no draft and we trade a 2011 1st, than that team would i think get the 2012 1st.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
according to i believe Mort of ESPN, there WILL be a 2011 draft, but the 2011 season might be a lock out yr, but the Draft is ON.

Now if their is no draft and we trade a 2011 1st, than that team would i think get the 2012 1st.

all in the fine print....I bet the Cowboys or Patriots f**k somebody over with this!!
Originally posted by jreff22:

all in the fine print....I bet the Cowboys or Patriots f**k somebody over with this!!

The best and most successful teams find all the angles and loopholes and exploit them to their advantage.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

The best and most successful teams find all the angles and loopholes and exploit them to their advantage.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

And if we tried pulling that s**t off we would be penalized as an organization.
Share 49ersWebzone