There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Maiocco's Feb. mock

Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
We have to draft CJ Spiller, WHY? If he is still available at 14 im pretty sure that the Seahawks would take him, i don´t want to see Spiller torment us 2 times a year.

Not only that, but he is an explosive threat out of the backfield. Gore can rip off big runs every once in a while, but he is not getting any younger and he has never been the big homerun threat.

Spiller could line up anywhere in the offense, and you could have him and Gore on the field at the same time if you wanted (assuming Raye wants to be creative ) . That is not even taking into consideration that he has return abilities. He fills SEVERAL needs.

If I am GM, I look for Spiller at 13 and then the top tackle at 16/17.
Originally posted by mr_congeniality:
We have to draft CJ Spiller, WHY? If he is still available at 14 im pretty sure that the Seahawks would take him, i don´t want to see Spiller torment us 2 times a year.

I think if it hasn't been announced, that Walter Jones is about ready to announce his retirement. If that happens, OT, rather than Spiller would be the Seahawks #14 pick.

Welcome aboard noob!! You must live in Seattle area, the Walter Jones retirement story is making the rounds on KJR..

Even if he doesn't retire, I expect Seattle to draft an OT with their #14.. I expect them to take a QB with their #6.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

I think if it hasn't been announced, that Walter Jones is about ready to announce his retirement. If that happens, OT, rather than Spiller would be the Seahawks #14 pick.

Welcome aboard noob!! You must live in Seattle area, the Walter Jones retirement story is making the rounds on KJR..

Even if he doesn't retire, I expect Seattle to draft an OT with their #14.. I expect them to take a QB with their #6.

They may not have to draft a QB that early. Hasslebeck is not getting any younger, but I doubt theyre ready to kick him to the curb. If they have time to develop a QB, they could look for one in the 2nd. I know a few Seattle fans and they want to see what the guy from Rutgers has. Seems like he is their Nate Davis up there.

They have ZERO playmakers on offense so Spiller isnt that much of a reach.
I've been pushing the idea that McCloughan has been looking for ILB to pair with Willis for the PAST 3 YEARS.

Briggs in 07
Curtis Lofton in 08
and Rey Rey in 09

I wouldn't be surprised if he traded down from the 16/17 (after he picks up an RT at 13 of course) to draft Brandon Spikes or Sean Weatherspoon (assuming McClain isn't available)

And yes drafting an ILB would be worth it because of the versatility 3 good LBs would bring. We could line up in a 3-3-5 or 2-4-5 or 4-2-5 defense on passing downs.

We could also switch to the 4-3 seamlessly depending on the opponent. Let's be honest: Takeo probably has one good year left, Haralson is one dimensional, and Brooks has proven to be a good part time player.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I've been pushing the idea that McCloughan has been looking for ILB to pair with Willis for the PAST 3 YEARS.

Briggs in 07
Curtis Lofton in 08
and Rey Rey in 09

I wouldn't be surprised if he traded down from the 16/17 (after he picks up an RT at 13 of course) to draft Brandon Spikes or Sean Weatherspoon (assuming McClain isn't available)

And yes drafting an ILB would be worth it because of the versatility 3 good LBs would bring. We could line up in a 3-3-5 or 2-4-5 or 4-2-5 defense on passing downs.

We could also switch to the 4-3 seamlessly depending on the opponent. Let's be honest: Takeo probably has one good year left, Haralson is one dimensional, and Brooks has proven to be a good part time player.

very good point.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by tohara3:
I hope we draft CJ Spiller!

When Spiller kills it at the combine he will be drafted by the Raiders.

not even al davis can be that dumb taking spiller when they used a high pick on mcfadden who hasnt done anything in the nfl and has the same mold as spiller... hold up can he
What if we took McClain and Graham?
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

They may not have to draft a QB that early. Hasslebeck is not getting any younger, but I doubt theyre ready to kick him to the curb. If they have time to develop a QB, they could look for one in the 2nd. I know a few Seattle fans and they want to see what the guy from Rutgers has. Seems like he is their Nate Davis up there.

They have ZERO playmakers on offense so Spiller isnt that much of a reach.

Seattle has needs everywhere, that is why Ruskell got the boot.. He basically ran the team into the ground. They could go in a lot of directions but I believe they start the long road back by draft a QB, Bradford with #6 and then OL with #14..

I suppose they could draft Spiller, but he is not a bell cow type RB and they really have to rebuild their OL, it's horrible..
Matt's pick doesn't make any sense. We need a guy to do dirty work like Spikes so WIllis can run free. You dont pay a guy like Roland big bucks to crash into full backs. That would be the lamest pick ever.

I'm warming up to the idea of grabbing a Saftey, as long as we get our OT in the first.

I think Al Davis will fall in love with Jason Pierre Paul at the combine actually
Why not take CJ spiller or a OT first then earl thomas w/ our 1B pick. and............................. SURPRISE!!!!

take brandon spikes in the second round?!!!

He was the talk of the town a year ago and people were saying he'd be really good for us. I understand he probably wouldn't as good as McClain at the Ted, but I still think he could be a good match up w/ pwillis and in the 2nd round would probably come for waaaaaaaay cheaper. This is all of course, if he slips into the second round and all the way down to us.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

not even al davis can be that dumb taking spiller when they used a high pick on mcfadden who hasnt done anything in the nfl and has the same mold as spiller... hold up can he

I'm not really for taking Spiller with our first pick. I'd rather just play it safe and grab the best OT. That being said, I think Spiller will be much better than Mcfadden. I think he makes guys miss better and he's faster in pads than his 40 time. He hits the edge fast and he can stretch the field receiving. Not to mention he's a good return man. Am I wrong? I really don't watch much college ball.

I won't hate it if we do draft him. At the very least we got a returner and a guy that can hit the edge, which means defenses would have to account for him running to the outside and also Gore hitting the middle.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Yes he can. Heyward-Bey at 7th overall? Anything is possible with him. Actually when i posted that i forgot they had McFadden. I think he goes Taylor Mays or just some freak athlete as usual.
Dont understand the Mcclain pick. Other skilled players there that actually fits a need as well. No need for MLB with who we have now. Get someone later in the draft if need be but not with our first pick. Either im blind or he doesnt have earl thomas on there. Id take Thomas over Mays and he's younger!!

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Feb 12, 2010 at 09:38:56 ]
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Dont understand the Mcclain pick. Other skilled players there that actually fits a need as well. No need for MLB with who we have now. Get someone later in the draft if need be but not with our first pick. Either im blind or he doesnt have earl thomas on there. Id take Thomas over Mays and he's younger!!

He has Chad Jones going in the first round, I prefer Thomas for sure