There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Da Faro's 1st round Complete team's Mock! ALL 32 PICKS

MY MOCK DRAFT VERSION 1.0: Pre-Combine!

St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Detroit Lions: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

Tampa Bay: Eric Berry*, S, Tennessee

Washington Redskins: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

Kansas City Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

Seattle Seahawks: Anthony Davis*, OT, Rutgers

Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden, CB, Florida

Oakland Raiders: Jason Pierre-Paul*, DE, South Florida

Buffalo Bills: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Morgan*, DE, Georgia Tech

Denver Broncos** (from 7-9 Chicago): Rolando McClain*, ILB, Alabama

Miami Dolphins: Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State

San Francisco 49ers: Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa

Seattle Seahawks (from 8-8 Denver): C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

New York Giants:Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

San Francisco 49ers: Earl Thomas*, S, Texas

Tennessee Titans*: Brian Price*, DT, UCLA

Pittsburgh Steelers: Bruce Campbell*, OT, Maryland

Atlanta Falcons: Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

Houston Texans: Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee

Cincinnati Bengals: Carlos Dunlap*, DE, Florida

New England Patriots: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

Green Bay Packers: Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan

Philadelphia Eagles: Taylor Mays, S, USC

Baltimore Ravens: Kareem Jackson*, CB, Alabama

Arizona Cardinals: Arrelious Benn*, WR, Illinois

Dallas Cowboys: Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

San Diego Chargers: Nate Allen, S, South Florida

New York Jets: Jahvid Best, RB, California

Minnesota Vikings: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

New Orleans Saints: Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

Indianapolis Colts: Charles Brown, OT, USC

---------------

This is my first mock draft for the offseason...I will make several more and go with in-depth analysis after the COMBINE! Hope you like it and please drop your opinions, ideas, and insight!

Thanks,

DA FARO 49ERS












































A few questionable picks :

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:


Arizona Cardinals: Arrelious Benn*, WR, Illinois

Dallas Cowboys: Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

New York Jets: Jahvid Best, RB, California

Why would AZ take Benn ? They have Breaston, Doucet and Urban if they were to unload Boldin. Doubt they would take a 1st round WR here.

Dallas has 1st round picks in Ware and Spencer at OLB. SPencer spent his 1st full year as a starter and faired pretty well. Not something I see them addressing so early in the draft.

NYJ drafted Greene last year and he flashed as a rookie, enough to warrant consideration to let Thomas Jones go this offseason and have a RFA in Leon Washington who will be coming back from a season ending injury.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Feb 10, 2010 at 4:52 PM ]
Giving a division rival Spiller is two stikes against us in one pick
Not feeling the pick of Earl Thomas. SOrry, just my opinion. To me, he is not elite enough to be taken that high (compaing to Chad Jones , Reshad Jones) who could be had later.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
A few questionable picks :

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:


Arizona Cardinals: Arrelious Benn*, WR, Illinois

Dallas Cowboys: Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

New York Jets: Jahvid Best, RB, California

Why would AZ take Benn ? They have Breaston, Doucet and Urban if they were to unload Boldin. Doubt they would take a 1st round WR here.

Dallas has 1st round picks in Ware and Spencer at OLB. SPencer spent his 1st full year as a starter and faired pretty well. Not something I see them addressing so early in the draft.

NYJ drafted Greene last year and he flashed as a rookie, enough to warrant consideration to let Thomas Jones go this offseason and have a RFA in Leon Washington who will be coming back from a season ending injury.

The Cardinals still love to spread the ball out under Ken Whisenhunt and they will continue to do so. Urban is mainly a special teamer, and Benn would be the key replacement for Boldin. Benn resembles Boldin and it always Arizona to continue to spread the ball out.

The Cowboys pass rush struggled in 10 of their 16 games, and hurt them in the playoffs. Addressing the pass rush with a steal of a pick in Sergio Kindle would be wise and a steal.

NYJ are all about running the ball... They will let go of Jones and with the focus on a 2 back system and a hardnosed running game, you need several talented RBS. also Best or Washington will take the nod as KR/PR.


----

On Earl Thomas: At that point in the Draft their isnt much the niners can do, either reach for Graham or attempt to trade down to a team who wants a OT!
On Earl Thomas: At that point in the Draft their isnt much the niners can do, either reach for Graham or attempt to trade down to a team who wants a OT!

If Brandon Graham is a reach at #16/17 then Earl Thomas a reach. I rate Graham as a better prospect than Thomas. In my opinion.

I like Earl Thomas at #16/17, I just wouldn't say that Graham is a reach at the same point.
[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Feb 10, 2010 at 6:16 PM ]
Earl Thomas is a ball hawk I like him a lot however from 14 to our pick at 17 the only team that would take a tackle is the seahawks who took one with their earlier pick so I think at 13 it would be smarter to go BPA however if the draft went like that i would be very happy our o line and secondary would be fixed only thing is take a guard in round 3 and maybe returnman in round 2 then we are set
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 10, 2010 at 7:19 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Earl Thomas is a ball hawk I like him a lot however from 14 to our pick at 17 the only team that would take a tackle is the seahawks who took one with their earlier pick so I think at 13 it would be smarter to go BPA however if the draft went like that i would be very happy our o line and secondary would be fixed only thing is take a guard in round 3 and maybe returnman in round 2 then we are set

Yes id follow the second round with a Golden Tate or Marty Gilyard Draft pick.
And a Third round GUARD!
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
MY MOCK DRAFT VERSION 1.0: Pre-Combine!

St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Detroit Lions: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

Tampa Bay: Eric Berry*, S, Tennessee

I see lots of drafts having Tampa Bay select Berry but I don't think so. They need help on the D-line and linebackers far more than they need a safety. I could see them getting McClain here or maybe Brandon Graham

Quote:

Washington Redskins: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

Kansas City Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

Seattle Seahawks: Anthony Davis*, OT, Rutgers

I think the Seahawks go with Bradford with their 1a. They need to start getting a QB ready to replace Hasselbeck.

Quote:

Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden, CB, Florida

Oakland Raiders: Jason Pierre-Paul*, DE, South Florida

Buffalo Bills: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

The Browns luck out in my opinion and land Berry. JPP is too high here. I can see the Raiders going with Taylor Mays or Carlos Dunlap. Bills need help everywhere. They have no offensive help so with Bradford going to the Hawks I think they go WR.

Quote:

Jacksonville Jaguars: Derrick Morgan*, DE, Georgia Tech

Denver Broncos** (from 7-9 Chicago): Rolando McClain*, ILB, Alabama

Miami Dolphins: Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State

No way Miami goes WR in the first round. Not Parcell's style. He'll go defense.

Quote:

San Francisco 49ers: Bryan Bulaga*, OT, Iowa

Seattle Seahawks (from 8-8 Denver): C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

New York Giants:Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

San Francisco 49ers: Earl Thomas*, S, Texas

I really think that if Spiller is available the Niners will grab him. and then go O-line with the 2nd pick.

Quote:

Tennessee Titans*: Brian Price*, DT, UCLA

Pittsburgh Steelers: Bruce Campbell*, OT, Maryland

Atlanta Falcons: Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

Houston Texans: Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee

Steelers don't need O-line help. They need defensive help. I can see Price to the Titans--they need help along their Defensive line.

Quote:

Cincinnati Bengals: Carlos Dunlap*, DE, Florida

New England Patriots: Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

Green Bay Packers: Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan

Philadelphia Eagles: Taylor Mays, S, USC

Bengals really need offensive help. They'll go with a WR or possibly TE Jermaine Gresham. Green Bay doesn't need LB help. They need CB help. I can see the Eagles drafting Mays if he's available. They need help in their secondary really badly.

Quote:

Baltimore Ravens: Kareem Jackson*, CB, Alabama

Arizona Cardinals: Arrelious Benn*, WR, Illinois

Dallas Cowboys: Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

San Diego Chargers: Nate Allen, S, South Florida

The Ravens do need CB help but Jackson is a projected 2nd round talent, not a 1st. Why would the Cardinals get yet another WR when they need an OT? Dallas doesn't need an OLB--they need a CB or safety.

Quote:

New York Jets: Jahvid Best, RB, California

Minnesota Vikings: Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

New Orleans Saints: Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

Indianapolis Colts: Charles Brown, OT, USC

The Jets have Shonne Green, Thomas Jones, and Leon Washington on their roster. Why would they go for another RB? If Iupati slips that far I can see the Vikings getting him but they really need help on the D-line if Pat Williams does retire. Saints need help on their D-line too, but they run a 4-3 so why would they draft a 3-4 NT who only plays a couple downs a series?
A few observations...love the Bulaga pick...he's the right guy to be our RT. Not so crazy about the Thomas pick...because I liked what I saw from Goldson as last season wore on. Granted, Michael Lewis bears watching due to his concussion issues...and pass coverage shortfalls. However, we already have Reggie Smith and Curtis Taylor. True, Smith has had some injury issues, but so did Goldson early on. I can see Taylor replacing Lewis at some point...he's a big hitter and arguably better in pass coverage. I'd go with either one of the top CB's...because the depth beyond Spencer and Clements is shaky. Donovan Warren, Brandon Ghee and Kyle Wilson all have good speed and coverage skills. Singletary could also go DL...DE Jared Odrick might be a slight reach, but with his size (6-5, 300) he could really upgrade our DL as a bookend to Justin Smith. He's got 1st rd talent...he may've slipped on some boards due to an arrest on his record. He plays with attitude, exactly what we need at LDE.

As for some others, good as McCoy is, if I'm the Lions I'd have to take Okung...to protect my young QB Stafford. I also don't see Benn for 'Zona...given Bertrand Berry retired and they stand a good chance of losing Dansby, I'd be surprised if they don't go defense. Seems like Kindle would be a better pick for them. The Jets need receiving help...so Damian Williams (fellow Trojan for Sanchez) or LaFell would be good picks. Also don't get Charles Brown for the Colts...I'd think they'd have to consider someone like Pouncey from Fla...he can play C, OG and RT.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 294
I like it. We get the OT first instead of messing around and being left with someone that belongs at the bottom of the first. I also like Earl Thomas but I've been reading that he may project better as a corner, which would be great! We might miss Haden but if we could still get a lockdown corner out of the draft, then our day is done. We can then pick up another safety in the later rounds to backup Lewis's spot. Let's face it, Thomas is a quick ballhawking DB no matter what position he ends up at, which is something our defense can use. We're great at stopping the run but our pass defense was ranked what? 25th or something? I'm too lazy to look it up...
Originally posted by KRS-1:
A few questionable picks :

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:


Arizona Cardinals: Arrelious Benn*, WR, Illinois

Dallas Cowboys: Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

New York Jets: Jahvid Best, RB, California

Why would AZ take Benn ? They have Breaston, Doucet and Urban if they were to unload Boldin. Doubt they would take a 1st round WR here.

Dallas has 1st round picks in Ware and Spencer at OLB. SPencer spent his 1st full year as a starter and faired pretty well. Not something I see them addressing so early in the draft.

NYJ drafted Greene last year and he flashed as a rookie, enough to warrant consideration to let Thomas Jones go this offseason and have a RFA in Leon Washington who will be coming back from a season ending injury.

Dallas would go inside line backer they've filled that role the last few years with old guys that are past there prime and bobby carp never lived up to it, they need some youth there.
Originally posted by Walsh:
I like it. We get the OT first instead of messing around and being left with someone that belongs at the bottom of the first. I also like Earl Thomas but I've been reading that he may project better as a corner, which would be great! We might miss Haden but if we could still get a lockdown corner out of the draft, then our day is done. We can then pick up another safety in the later rounds to backup Lewis's spot. Let's face it, Thomas is a quick ballhawking DB no matter what position he ends up at, which is something our defense can use. We're great at stopping the run but our pass defense was ranked what? 25th or something? I'm too lazy to look it up...

The key reason I had the 49ers Selecting Earl Thomas is for his versatility. CB,SS,or even FS! Dude is a ballhawk and knows how to read an offense.
Nobody has the Rams taking a QB? Bulger is done and the other QB's they have are garbage.
I don't think Gerald McCoy is a top-3 player. Looking at the teams in the front end of the draft, McCoy could be headed for a fall on draft day.

Also, if Bradford impresses during workouts, I think he'll be a Ram. Claussen has a legit shot also. I'm still not convinced that a DT (Suh) will be the #1 pick. He's a great prospect, but QBs play a much larger role in a team's success.
...