LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 420 users in the forums

Ultimate Draft

After reading every mock draft we have to offer here. Do you think we can pull this off:

First pick: CJ spiller
Second pick : Trent Williams / or / Bryan Bulaga

Trade up in the early 20's: Trade this years 3rd and next years 1st
and take Mike Lupati
Then in the second round eithor take a FS, SS or even try to do what we did last year and trade it for a 2011 first round pick again.

Championship!!!!
If this happens im throwing a party & everyone is invited lol
Originally posted by tbyrdc3:
After reading every mock draft we have to offer here. Do you think we can pull this off:

and take Mike Lupati
Then in the second round eithor take a FS, SS or even try to do what we did last year and trade it for a 2011 first round pick again.

Championship!!!!

Quick question; if we do this what should we do with the other two second round guards? I have to see Lupati at the combine to believe he is worth a 2nd round pick because he got abused in the senior bowl!

I think it all comes down to how much better this o-line coach is than the last few...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd love to have Spiller, but a Bulaga/Williams and then Graham combination would be better.
Im sorry Mikes not worth losing next seasons 1st round pick over. Scottie has said in the past he wont break the bank for a guard thats why he let Justin Smiley go. Bad Idea IMO.
Originally posted by glorydayz:

and take Mike Lupati

Championship!!!!

Quick question; if we do this what should we do with the other two second round guards? I have to see Lupati at the combine to believe he is worth a 2nd round pick because he got abused in the senior bowl!

I think it all comes down to how much better this o-line coach is than the last few...
I agree this is all fantasy till we see how everyone performs at the combine and of course what we do in free agency.

I'm just tired of the 49ers sitting in the back seat with the drafts in the past. There is alot of talent out there this year and I just want to see them get aggresive for once.
I don't want to see a c+ grade I want a hands down A+... "This is the team to watch in the NFC type off season."

and take Mike Lupati

Championship!!!!

Baas is a restricted free agent. If he is tendered, he would only be with us 1 more year. If the niners wanted to keep Baas, he would've been extended by now.

Rachal is the only Guard with potential we have. Unless you count Wragge.
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:

and take Mike Lupati

Championship!!!!

Baas is a restricted free agent. If he is tendered, he would only be with us 1 more year. If the niners wanted to keep Baas, he would've been extended by now.

Baas is a scrub IMO. He's got the biggest head in the world.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

and take Mike Lupati

Championship!!!!

He does have a BIG mellon!!

and take Mike Lupati

Championship!!!!

Yeah, I think he's as good as he's gonna get. I wouldn't resign him either.

and take Mike Lupati

Championship!!!!

I agree, with the Biggest head in the world, it's freaky. Must be a size 9, if there is such a thing.

That said, I would love to see us draft Iupati.. forget about all the Senoir Bowl crap, they had him playing all over the OL. When he played his natural LG position he did very well.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I'd love to have Spiller, but a Bulaga/Williams and then Graham combination would be better.

I'm with you on that one. I'm not down for a guard in the first round...it seems foolish to get a guard in the first when you can find a solid guard late in the draft or in free agency. But Graham could put our defense in top ten stats...possible top 5!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
No trading next years 1st.
That's ridiculous. Nobody is giving up future 1st & 3rd round picks. Think redskinhave shown giving away picks doesn't get you anywhere.
the pick are nice but I would hate for them to trade next yr 1st for a OG when they can Draft one in the second round. why not trade 13 down to the 20s and try to pick up an extra second. then you still have your 4 pick and I like Jahvid Best I know he is not as good as Spiller but he's close and he can be drafted late
Share 49ersWebzone