LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

Would you guys be mad if we selected... (drum roll please!!!)

Originally posted by Sjceruti:
If we were to take spiller than we would not take gerhart.
Love Toby tho, I think he can be a good back in a two back system.

I was thinking of Gerhart as a FB & short yardage back being coached up by Tom Rathman...
Not at all. I'd rather have Tebow. He reminds me of Jim Jenson! That name ring a bell. He played for the Fins back in the day, but he played TE, LB, Punter & Kick returner. Not saying Tebow will punt, but he has the tools to be successful at whatever he does. He was a solid LB in High School & was at first actually recruited as a LB, but got more attention as a QB. The cat is a gamer. He could be a jack of all trades.

Tell you this much Alex Smith can't pull off a QB sneak to save his life.

Positive, Good Football IQ, gamers is what coach wants. So why not.
Originally posted by wailers15:
Not at all. I'd rather have Tebow. He reminds me of Jim Jenson! That name ring a bell. He played for the Fins back in the day, but he played TE, LB, Punter & Kick returner. Not saying Tebow will punt, but he has the tools to be successful at whatever he does. He was a solid LB in High School & was at first actually recruited as a LB, but got more attention as a QB. The cat is a gamer. He could be a jack of all trades.

Tell you this much Alex Smith can't pull off a QB sneak to save his life.

Positive, Good Football IQ, gamers is what coach wants. So why not.

I can respect your opinion, I just look at college football and I am always partial to team leaders. These two guys were great team leaders in college, however what they did in college means nothing.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by kronik:
LOL. Talk about over reachings. I guess you don't consider 2nd and 3rd round picks as important high picks.

You are entitled to your opinion just as I am, I never said we should do this but I was thinking; Norris is getting old, coffee didn't scare anyone on the power running side, and we need power back, a speed back & a kick returner (Spiller & Gerhart). We could also use a QB since most of you guys believe Hill is through and Davis is the next big thing.

Here's the outcome of such moves: cut Norris, Hill, Robinson. and replace them with Spiller, Gerhart, and Tebow.

Would you guys see this as an upgrade? I'm not to sure, really just bored as hell cause it's the off season. Needed something to talk about...

I respect your opinion. You may like Gerhart and Tebow more than me and that's fine. Doesn't bother me one bit.

My issue is: why select these players in the 2nd and 3rd when they will be available much later? These guys are rated 4-7th round picks. If you want to roll the dice on these guys, don't waste high picks to do it. Use these high picks for players that have higher floors.
I wouldn't be mad...........I would be pissed! except for Gerhart maybe.
Tebow is nowhere close to an NFL QB, taking him in the 2nd would be idiotic.. As for Gerhart, that selection would make no sense at all after taking Spiller. IF you are looking for a FB, to replace Norris, draft a FB in the 6th or 7th.

Tebow and Gerhart with our 2nd and 3rd rounders would not be the best use of those draft picks.

I would rather trade the 2nd and 3rd rounders and get another first rounder, our 2nd and 3rd rounders are equal in value to the #31.
Just say No to Tebow!

TG, sure after we take CJ!

My QB pick, in the fifth round the forty niners select...Sean Canfeild!
yeah
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Tebow is nowhere close to an NFL QB, taking him in the 2nd would be idiotic.. As for Gerhart, that selection would make no sense at all after taking Spiller. IF you are looking for a FB, to replace Norris, draft a FB in the 6th or 7th.

Tebow and Gerhart with our 2nd and 3rd rounders would not be the best use of those draft picks.

I would rather trade the 2nd and 3rd rounders and get another first rounder, our 2nd and 3rd rounders are equal in value to the #31.

Are you saying that Spiller and Gerhart have the exact same skill set?
I thought we wanted to CLOSE the speed deficit on this team.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
If we take Tebow before the fourth round I will be very, very unhappy.

same!
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
If we take Tebow before the fourth round I will be very, very unhappy.
Niners already have a Tebow. His name is Michael Robinson. Pretty good player and good in the locker room. But does the club really need two such position-less players?

Gerhart? Tough guy but runs upright, and probably needs a FB to be effective. Hands? Pass protection? The club recently and quietly signed Caulcrick, a 250 lb RB/FB who scored 29 short yardage TD's at Michigan State. There's your short yardage candidate for 2010, already on the roster.

So no, pass and pass on Tebow and Gerhart. (I wouldn't be angry, just disappointed).
[ Edited by jimbagg on Feb 9, 2010 at 4:25 PM ]
dude, i would be mad if we signed tebow as an UFA. fck that fool, i can seriously throw better than him. gerhart is cool but he's one of the most hyped players in the draft as well. he's no better than a 4th round prospect in my eyes, he should really be a fullback.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by kronik:
LOL. Talk about over reachings. I guess you don't consider 2nd and 3rd round picks as important high picks.

You are entitled to your opinion just as I am, I never said we should do this but I was thinking; Norris is getting old, coffee didn't scare anyone on the power running side, and we need power back, a speed back & a kick returner (Spiller & Gerhart). We could also use a QB since most of you guys believe Hill is through and Davis is the next big thing.

Here's the outcome of such moves: cut Norris, Hill, Robinson. and replace them with Spiller, Gerhart, and Tebow.

Would you guys see this as an upgrade? I'm not to sure, really just bored as hell cause it's the off season. Needed something to talk about...

Dude! TEBOW IS NOT A GOOD QB! especially before the 5th round!
Share 49ersWebzone