Originally posted by pd24:
Donaven Warren run yet?

hes coming up

4.59 his first run, i didnt see the time for the 2nd run

Thanks.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Earl Thomas still looks like a little guy to me

Yet he measured the same size as Ed Reed and ran faster. Has the tape to back it up, I'd take him.

Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Negro, does Haden drop to the 2nd round now?

Is this racist?

No, silly it's part of his name.

no not really a$ I $ee it.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Probably, because he is small.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Mays 4.24 unofficial

I know. WHOA!

I want to draft him.

of course you do...

Still, I wanted to get takes on him as a SS in OUR D. I know that M. Lewis is more of a LB/SS tweener in our D depending on the coverage. He seems to be playing the run first all the time and then out more on third downs.

Can Mays be a M. Lewis type of a player in our D? I don't see M. Lewis doing much covering, but re-covering. If that is the case, Mays could recover much faster and with some coaching be taught how to cover better.

Don't be surprised if, now, he becomes the talk for the 49ers as we need as SS along with E. Thomas in the first.

Could he become the V. Davis of our safeties, but develop faster...like within the first year.

This thought has been scratching the back of my mind since the Senior Bowl when he made some nice plays. Still, very unproductive based on his college and skill level. I expect E. Thomas #s from him...

Whatcha think?

The thing that concerns me about Mays is not his coverage, which isn't great. It's his approach to tackling. The guy doesn't seem to wrap people up. He goes for the big hit, and allows players to bounce off and keep going while he's face down in the dirt. That may have worked in college against inferior competition, but in the NFL, if he tries to do that to the Stephen Jackson's of the world, he's going to be face down in the dirt too often.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Ah sweet. I can actually watch this live at nfl.com. Normally my work blocks everything.
Quote:
The single dumbest question of the NFL Scouting Combine was asked to Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.

"Someone asked me if I wore a g-string or a jock strap when I played," McCoy told the NFL Network set Monday to disbelief, laughter, and amazement.

Analyst Mike Mayock wanted to know McCoy's reaction to the question. The affable defender just left his mouth open in a stunned expression.

Originally posted by TX9R:

Yet he measured the same size as Ed Reed and ran faster. Has the tape to back it up, I'd take him.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me...all I hear about is Thomas incredible range for a FS. Isn't that what we need in this D that Goldson currently plays? Goldson just seems like a great SS. Draft Thomas to be our Chicken-Dance Hanks and Goldson to SS.

Just how high on the boards do you think Thomas will be? Top 15 or top 20?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Quote:
The single dumbest question of the NFL Scouting Combine was asked to Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy.

"Someone asked me if I wore a g-string or a jock strap when I played," McCoy told the NFL Network set Monday to disbelief, laughter, and amazement.

Analyst Mike Mayock wanted to know McCoy's reaction to the question. The affable defender just left his mouth open in a stunned expression.

lmao
Stuckey and Earl Thomas are having a hard time catching the ball, they continue to drop it over and over
Is that a 49ers coach with the DBs?
Originally posted by foreign49er:

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Watching this makes me wonder how Joe Montana would have been viewed based on combine results. Not big, not fast, not a cannon arm. Some guys are great athletes, some are just great football players.
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Yea the DB coach working with DB rathman worked with running backs and solari worked with OL