LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

Combine (Feb 24-Mar 2): It's HERE!

• evil
  • Veteran
Mays 41' vert + 4.24 speed.

Berry 43' vert + 4.4 speed.

I'll take the safety over the LB'er who thinks he is a safety.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Has E Thomas measured/ ran yet? Curious how tall he really is.

5'10 208

That's surprising.
Anyone catch how Kyle Wilson ran? I missed it while doing something else.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Anyone catch how Kyle Wilson ran? I missed it while doing something else.

He didn't run (tweaked hammy, or so he says).
Originally posted by asakkings:
I hope we skip joe haden and take alteraun verner in later rounds. I am a bruin and saw him play almost every week, the dude is a monster in coverage and run support. He just ran 4.53 so thats not bad either.

me too....he was a 4 year starter, him and Price were the leaders of the D....

I think he could be had in the 4th
This is a little crazy but I keep getting the feeling that Taylor Mays will be a 49er. I know deep down that he won't but he's done everything right since the season ended. He's big and he's fast. He comes from a Championship caliber program and he came out as a Senior.

Also, Michael Lewis doesn't have the greatest cover skills, he almost plays the 5th LB/safety in our defense. That's the same way we would use Taylor Mays. Come on, big-hitting DB from USC with a big ego ("tell Deion I got something special for him") doesn't get you a little nostalgic?
Anyone notice how much faster this second group of DBs is overall compared to the first group?
Earl Thomas runs a 4.44 on second run.
Earl Thomas still looks like a little guy to me
already posted

[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 2, 2010 at 09:26:25 ]

• pd24
  • Veteran
Donaven Warren run yet?
Originally posted by pd24:
Donaven Warren run yet?

hes coming up
Originally posted by foreign49er:
This is a little crazy but I keep getting the feeling that Taylor Mays will be a 49er. I know deep down that he won't but he's done everything right since the season ended. He's big and he's fast. He comes from a Championship caliber program and he came out as a Senior.

Also, Michael Lewis doesn't have the greatest cover skills, he almost plays the 5th LB/safety in our defense. That's the same way we would use Taylor Mays. Come on, big-hitting DB from USC with a big ego ("tell Deion I got something special for him") doesn't get you a little nostalgic?

I kind of have that feeling too. Scott likes big players and he loves physical safeties. Also, we definitely need some speed at SS to handle WRs that get passed Clements.

Scott isn't known for drating DBs early though. I can recall him saying that he prefers bringing in veterans because the learning curve is so steep for them. So, it would still be a surprise if he actually pulled the trigger early on DB, especially a SS.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Earl Thomas still looks like a little guy to me

Yet he measured the same size as Ed Reed and ran faster. Has the tape to back it up, I'd take him.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by pd24:
Donaven Warren run yet?

hes coming up

4.59 his first run, i didnt see the time for the 2nd run
Share 49ersWebzone