LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Combine (Feb 24-Mar 2): It's HERE!

Haden didn't look good. I don't know if he was nervous or what but he didn't run well. He didn't look very fluid at all. I'd be interested to see him in-game, I remember seeing him play at Florida and he looked much quicker than he ran today. He had weird form. I hope he drops to us thanks to that 40.
lol Jason Hill ran a 4.32 at the combine.
From Deion Sanders:

NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders, who knows a little something about playing defensive back and about running fast 40-yard dashes, said Haden looked uncomfortable from the beginning and even suggested that Haden might be getting some coaching that has made him self-conscious about his running technique.

"First of all, it was a horrible stance," Sanders said of Haden. "I don't know what he's being taught -- sometimes you've just got to let a guy run. Tweak him a little bit but don't try to change everything."

Sanders is right: When wearing a helmet and shoulder pads, Haden looks like a guy who has all the speed he needs. But when wearing his underwear Tuesday morning, Haden didn't look like an elite prospect.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/02/berry-out-runs-haden-at-combine/
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Haden didn't look good. I don't know if he was nervous or what but he didn't run well. He didn't look very fluid at all. I'd be interested to see him in-game, I remember seeing him play at Florida and he looked much quicker than he ran today. He had weird form. I hope he drops to us thanks to that 40.

Nothing nervous about it, when you run a 4.6 you are slow.
Very curious to see Haden's shuttle and 3-cone drill times, which are more important to me for corners. For the common fan, Jenkins slower than expected time in the forty killed off his chance to be drafted high. However, scouts certainly noticed that he posted the fastest 3-cone time at the combine, with a 6.59. This really helped redeem him.
I still don't see Haden getting passed Cleveland unless Berry is still on the board. People on here suddenly think someone sucks if their 40 sucks. McCluster had a bad 40 time and people didn't complain.
A slow 40 dropped Brandon Flowers from being the #1 corner in his draft to the 2nd round. It can happen.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Nothing nervous about it, when you run a 4.6 you are slow.

I think he just had a bad day but we'll see.
Mays 4.24 unofficial
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Mays 4.24 unofficial

I know. WHOA!

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Mays 4.24 unofficial

I know. WHOA!

I want to draft him.
Mays just put himself back in the mid 1st round. Watching that run was impressive. He might not be the most polished tackler but no way every team passes on him in the first round.
Mays 4.24 unofficial

this is friggin amazing! how can that big of a body run that fast wow!
If you watch the run again, he veered off to the right at the start too. Could've broken 4.2. I'm stunned how I guy that big runs like that. His Football Outsiders speed score is probably in Brandon Jacobs range.
Originally posted by ninerfanfromny:
If you watch the run again, he veered off to the right at the start too. Could've broken 4.2. I'm stunned how I guy that big runs like that. His Football Outsiders speed score is probably in Brandon Jacobs range.

Al Davis just put in his card. Taylor Mays is a Raider.
Share 49ersWebzone