There are 212 users in the forums

Combine (Feb 24-Mar 2): It's HERE!

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Originally posted by Nuns:
Damn, Cody dropped 25 lbs and still ran a 5.75. Ouch

Dropping 25lbs is pretty impressive to me because I've been calling him a fat, lazy bum who will play 2 downs in the NFL.

dont mean ur wrong.

But it means he's trying to lose weight which is a good thing I would love to use a 2nd round pick on him and just let him get into shape for a year an maybe start for us next year

a 2nd might be slightly too high. there seems to be some raw NTs in this draft that might be found in say 3rd to 5th rounds. Cody seems a little too much like the overhyped NTs of past drafts just for being big.

Id rather take a guy who isnt maybe huge but is highly motivated to study behind Franklin the technician.

Dropping 25lbs is pretty impressive to me because I've been calling him a fat, lazy bum who will play 2 downs in the NFL.

dont mean ur wrong.

But it means he's trying to lose weight which is a good thing I would love to use a 2nd round pick on him and just let him get into shape for a year an maybe start for us next year

a 2nd might be slightly too high. there seems to be some raw NTs in this draft that might be found in say 3rd to 5th rounds. Cody seems a little too much like the overhyped NTs of past drafts just for being big.

Id rather take a guy who isnt maybe huge but is highly motivated to study behind Franklin the technician.

We just tag'd Franklin to be a 2 down player... Why not get Cody, he demands a double team whenever he is in and owns the line of scrimage. Think Gilbert Brown, hell if he show something from day one you could always move Franklin (or Cody) to DE ala Ngata
Originally posted by solidg2000:

dont mean ur wrong.

We just tag'd Franklin to be a 2 down player... Why not get Cody, he demands a double team whenever he is in and owns the line of scrimage. Think Gilbert Brown, hell if he show something from day one you could always move Franklin (or Cody) to DE ala Ngata

I have to agree with you. Cody is one of the most dominant point of attack players I've seen in recent years. He may not get severe penetration, but he consistantly remains strong at the point of attack. Being able to alternate him and Franklin would keep both bodies fresh.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by Butter:
After the combine, how do the OT's rank by tier? It seems like the conventional thinking is something like:

Tier 1
Russell Okung
Bryan Bulaga
Trent Williams

Tier 2
Anthony Davis
Bruce Campbell

Tier 3
Charles Brown
Jarred Valdheer
Rodger Saffold
Jason Fox
Vladimir Ducasse

I kind of like Saffold at a RT, and maybe even Valdheer or Fox as projects. I'm not sure I'd burn the 13 on Campbell, he seems more like a boom or bust LT.

Those look like realistic rankings. I really hope we get Bulaga or Williams, but wouldn't mind Davis. Campbell to me is more of a gamble at 17.

Trent Williams looked great, i was pleasantly surprised with Charles Brown but Brian Bulaga did not look as good in the combine as he did on tape. I think we will end up drafting Anthony Davis with the 13th pick. Davis is gonna be good.
what is the best site to find combine results?
Originally posted by northshore:

http://www.nfl.com/combine
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by northshore:

http://www.nfl.com/combine

Twitter saved my day at work today with its constant updates :)
So does McClain tumble down draft boards?
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by Butter:
After the combine, how do the OT's rank by tier? It seems like the conventional thinking is something like:

Tier 1
Russell Okung
Bryan Bulaga
Trent Williams

Tier 2
Anthony Davis
Bruce Campbell

Tier 3
Charles Brown
Jarred Valdheer
Rodger Saffold
Jason Fox
Vladimir Ducasse

I kind of like Saffold at a RT, and maybe even Valdheer or Fox as projects. I'm not sure I'd burn the 13 on Campbell, he seems more like a boom or bust LT.

Those look like realistic rankings. I really hope we get Bulaga or Williams, but wouldn't mind Davis. Campbell to me is more of a gamble at 17.

Trent Williams looked great, i was pleasantly surprised with Charles Brown but Brian Bulaga did not look as good in the combine as he did on tape. I think we will end up drafting Anthony Davis with the 13th pick. Davis is gonna be good.

I think Davis at RT is a pretty realistic option as well. I wonder if there are some of those big, sluggish RT/OG prospects like Ciron Black that could work at RT. But once again, I don't think I'd feel comfortable pinning the season on them without Pashos to hold the position down while they figured out what they had with a lower tier rookie.
Originally posted by teeohh:
So does McClain tumble down draft boards?

"McClain's biggest strengths on film are his instincts and tackling ability rather than raw athleticism. This decision won't hurt him much in the long run because he was not expected to turn in a jaw-dropping performance anyway."

Bring on the DB's! The results from those workouts should be very important for the Niners. I am hoping for another SS with some coverage ability and a fast CB/KR.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by solidg2000:

dont mean ur wrong.

I have to agree with you. Cody is one of the most dominant point of attack players I've seen in recent years. He may not get severe penetration, but he consistantly remains strong at the point of attack. Being able to alternate him and Franklin would keep both bodies fresh.

see thats the thing. If this was say RB or LB then yeh it would make sense to draft a player like that early. I have nothing against drafting a 2 down player. but It took Franklin ..what 5 years to really have the technique locked down. Itll take Cody a while so i highly doubt hed see much of the field. for a 2nd 1st rounder thats sinful..dont belive me ask ppl about Kentwan lol. a 3rd rounder that has time to be behind and learn for a good minute will give us our next NT 4 -5 yrs when Abruyo wont be as effective.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Earl Thomas put up 21 reps on the bench press and now he's up to 208 pounds. This kid has been working hard getting ready for the combine.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Tebow ran a 6.66 in the 3 cone drill.

Is this a sign of the Apocalypse?
Originally posted by smileyman:
Tebow ran a 6.66 in the 3 cone drill.

Is this a sign of the Apocalypse?

is that really good?
Share 49ersWebzone