LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Combine (Feb 24-Mar 2): It's HERE!

Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Earl Thomas at 208, what was that talk of 185 again??

Yeah I wanted him for a while now and everyone told me that I was nuts and he was a midget and would get crushed because he only weighed like 180 lbs and they would rather have Taylor Mays. Now nobody wants to own up to him being his legit height he was listed at or weighing enough to not get pushed around. I still want ET on this team, he's going to be the next Ed Reed damnit.

I want him as well, I want an RT and Earl Thomas with our 2 first picks. I understand we people want Spiller but there are a lot of return guys in this draft, i think we can wait until the 2nd to get a returner

I don't know much about Thomas but I agree about the second par, I won't be mad if they pass on Spiller

Thomas is really good in coverage and had like 8 INTs last year. He's legit...

Yeah I wanted him for a while now and everyone told me that I was nuts and he was a midget and would get crushed because he only weighed like 180 lbs and they would rather have Taylor Mays. Now nobody wants to own up to him being his legit height he was listed at or weighing enough to not get pushed around. I still want ET on this team, he's going to be the next Ed Reed damnit.

I want him as well, I want an RT and Earl Thomas with our 2 first picks. I understand why people want Spiller but there are a lot of return guys in this draft, i think we can wait until the 2nd to get a returner

The Niners need more than just a return guy. Spiller is the perfect back for the Niners from the line of scrimmage and in the return game. He would be the most explosive player on the Niners. well.. maybe ever. He makes too much sense if you ask me to pass on.
Originally posted by jrg:
Spiller ran a 4.27 right?

no 4.37

They said the combine official was 4.37. So I think some hand times were around 4.27 or 4.28. But the official electronic time was 4.37. Which is good BTW and may make Spiller available around #13. If he ran an official 4.27 (which I understand he didn't) he would not be available when we pick.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I want him as well, I want an RT and Earl Thomas with our 2 first picks. I understand why people want Spiller but there are a lot of return guys in this draft, i think we can wait until the 2nd to get a returner

The Niners need more than just a return guy. Spiller is the perfect back for the Niners from the line of scrimmage and in the return game. He would be the most explosive player on the Niners. well.. maybe ever. He makes too much sense if you ask me to pass on.

I agree I would be happy with Spiller if ET or Berry is gone but at the same time the other guy I want at 13 is my boy Earl Thomas because I think he can be the next Reed. Or Eric Berry. But if neither are there and we pick Spiller I'd be fine with that. I'm on the Spiller bandwagon. These are the players I want in the first:

1. Earl Thomas
2. Eric Berry
3. CJ Spiller
4/5(tie). Trent Williams/Bulaga
6. Brandon Graham
7. Jahvid Best(actually could be a little higher)

But I doubt Scott picks any of them because ET isn't the giant safety(at 208 and 5'10'' definitely not undersized much if at all though) like a Mike Lewis, Graham is short, Spiller isn't a big thumper of a back, and Williams isn't a huge guy either(he's athletic though). Only guy I can see Scotty really liking from my list are Berry and Bulaga. Which I think is a mistake because it seems like he's more obsessed with getting guys on D who stop the run rather than make plays and on O he doesn't care about the big plays which teams like NO, Indy, Dallas, MN, NYJ, all had play makers on both sides of the ball. Instead we never get any quick RBs and we're too predictable, and on D we always get torched by the quicker WRs who aren't huge like DeSean Jackson, Greg Jennings, etc.

Hell the play that kind of cost us our season in Seattle was when crappy Keith Smith got stuck on their little rookie reciever Deion Butler and got burned and it set them up for that field goal. When we were trying to march down the field to end the game we couldn't do it because we didn't have anyone to go deep who could open up some of the underneath stuff that moves the chains. If we had a Jacoby FOrd or Golden Tate opposite Crabtree they would have to give him more room to work. If we had another safety who could cover these guys, and Earl Thomas is that guy, or Eric Berry is that guy, we wouldn't get burned by so many of these little guys down the field. But Mike Lewis can't cover at all. You see how much better teams like Pittsburgh is when Polamolu is healthy, because both of those guys can cover. The AZ Cards D was much improved because they had 2 safeties who could actually play safety and weren't stuck as in the box guys(of course Wilson plays the run really really well also but still). Get Earl Thomas and put Goldson at SS or get Berry and put Berry at SS our D would be much improved.

I agree I would be happy with Spiller if ET or Berry is gone but at the same time the other guy I want at 13 is my boy Earl Thomas because I think he can be the next Reed. Or Eric Berry. But if neither are there and we pick Spiller I'd be fine with that. I'm on the Spiller bandwagon. These are the players I want in the first:

1. Earl Thomas
2. Eric Berry
3. CJ Spiller
6. Brandon Graham

But I doubt Scott picks any of them because ET isn't the giant safety(at 208 and 5'10'' definitely not undersized much if at all though) like a Mike Lewis, Graham is short, Spiller isn't a big thumper of a back, and Williams isn't a huge guy either(he's athletic though). Only guy I can see Scotty really liking from my list are Berry and Bulaga. Which I think is a mistake because it seems like he's more obsessed with getting guys on D who stop the run rather than make plays and on O he doesn't care about the big plays which teams like NO, Indy, Dallas, MN, NYJ, all had play makers on both sides of the ball. Instead we never get any quick RBs and we're too predictable, and on D we always get torched by the quicker WRs who aren't huge like DeSean Jackson, Greg Jennings, etc.

Hell the play that kind of cost us our season in Seattle was when crappy Keith Smith got stuck on their little rookie reciever Deion Butler and got burned and it set them up for that field goal. When we were trying to march down the field to end the game we couldn't do it because we didn't have anyone to go deep who could open up some of the underneath stuff that moves the chains. If we had a Jacoby FOrd or Golden Tate opposite Crabtree they would have to give him more room to work. If we had another safety who could cover these guys, and Earl Thomas is that guy, or Eric Berry is that guy, we wouldn't get burned by so many of these little guys down the field. But Mike Lewis can't cover at all. You see how much better teams like Pittsburgh is when Polamolu is healthy, because both of those guys can cover. The AZ Cards D was much improved because they had 2 safeties who could actually play safety and weren't stuck as in the box guys(of course Wilson plays the run really really well also but still). Get Earl Thomas and put Goldson at SS or get Berry and put Berry at SS our D would be much improved.

I like Earl Thomas a lot too. And any of these picks would be ok with me.

no 4.37

So his team-mate who also returns punts and kicks out-ran him? Interesting...
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
So do you past on Brandon Graham now that he is officially 6'1"???

hell nawwwwwwwww

He would still be a great draft pick in the 2nd.

I'd be pretty surprised if the Colts didn't pick him up, then again I think the Colts strengthen their defensive backfield.

After McCough's quotes this week, I highly doubt he drafts any undersize defensive players.

6'5" Manny Lawson sure has been a sack machine for us.

Yeah how dare he lead the team in sacks
Originally posted by foreign49er:

no 4.37

So his team-mate who also returns punts and kicks out-ran him? Interesting...

I believe so according to the official times. But Jacoby Ford is shorter and lighter than CJ Spiller.
6.5 sacks, yeah dude is a machine
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Hopefully Spiller goes top 12. That will help one of the top 4 tackles fall to us at 13.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

no 4.37

They said the combine official was 4.37. So I think some hand times were around 4.27 or 4.28. But the official electronic time was 4.37. Which is good BTW and may make Spiller available around #13. If he ran an official 4.27 (which I understand he didn't) he would not be available when we pick.

I am not surprised. That was the expected time for Spiller.

Wouldn't be upset if we took him, but only if we land an OL with the next pick..
I don't give a damn what his official time is

I saw CJ run back to back 4.28 and 4.27, the dude can flat out fly
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

1. Earl Thomas
2. Eric Berry
3. CJ Spiller
6. Brandon Graham

I like Earl Thomas a lot too. And any of these picks would be ok with me.

don't see it happening especially when this is such a solid draft of olineman. we could do what the jets did when they drafted dbrick & mangold. why the hell not. the o-line is one of if not the most important position o nthe field.

I see the defense getting taken care of via free agency
What happened to McCluster?
Originally posted by znk916:
What happened to McCluster?

# Ole Miss RB Dexter McCluster told me at airport he was a little tight when he ran today. He's not happy with his time - whatever it was. about 2 hours ago

Share 49ersWebzone