Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Combine (Feb 24-Mar 2): It's HERE!

Originally posted by mayo63:
10 days

i'm baaack.

woooooooooooooo
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Alright.......time to start making some predictions. Who will be the riser and fallers based on their performance at the Combine. I'll start..........

Potential riser on the offensive side - Bruce Campbell OT Maryland. The guy will show strength, speed and decent feet during workouts. He will still have to answer questions about his injury history and his lack of experience.

Potential riser on the defensive side - Sergio Kindle OLB/DE Texas. Workout numbers should be eye popping.

Potential fallers on the offensive side - Toby Gerhart RB Stanford. Even though he is a beast on the field, he may not have the measurables that will amaze at the Combine.

Potential faller on the defensive side - Terence Cody DT Alabama. Everyone saw THE photo of Cody at the Senior Bowl. If he hasn't shed a ton or two by the Combine, his stock will drop.

It is sad sometimes how much stock NFL teams put on these measurables. More times then not, what is on film speaks a lot more then the combine.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Alright.......time to start making some predictions. Who will be the riser and fallers based on their performance at the Combine. I'll start..........

Potential riser on the offensive side - Bruce Campbell OT Maryland. The guy will show strength, speed and decent feet during workouts. He will still have to answer questions about his injury history and his lack of experience.

Potential riser on the defensive side - Sergio Kindle OLB/DE Texas. Workout numbers should be eye popping.

Potential fallers on the offensive side - Toby Gerhart RB Stanford. Even though he is a beast on the field, he may not have the measurables that will amaze at the Combine.

Potential faller on the defensive side - Terence Cody DT Alabama. Everyone saw THE photo of Cody at the Senior Bowl. If he hasn't shed a ton or two by the Combine, his stock will drop.

It is sad sometimes how much stock NFL teams put on these measurables. More times then not, what is on film speaks a lot more then the combine.

Of course it is.........it doesn't change the fact that it happens. Otherwise, the Combine and Pro Days wouldn't exist.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
9 days
9 days

Can't wait for the 40 times
9 days

wooooooooooooooooo
Great preview article this morning from NFL Draft Scout.com from Chad Reuter:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/12933021/combine-preview-what-to-watch-for-at-indy-show
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:

Of course it is.........it doesn't change the fact that it happens. Otherwise, the Combine and Pro Days wouldn't exist.

Yes I know and even while I said what I said, I am super excited about it. Mainly because after the combine, the draft picture will get clearer. I am excited to see the batch of players that are likely to be there for the 49ers to choose from.
Great preview article this morning from NFL Draft Scout.com from Chad Reuter:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/12933021/combine-preview-what-to-watch-for-at-indy-show

Nice article. It is going to be a very interesting week & I can't wait.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
8 days
8 days

wooooooooooooooo
Injured toe will keep Clausen from doing all the drills at the Combine.

Don't think that will hurt him too much as long as he can get healthy for ND's pro day. Plus, you gotta figure any team willing to take Clausen early in the first was gonna have him out for an individual workout anyway.

I only have one prediction right now, and its the same one I made in the "predictions" thread. I think Earl Thomas will come in short and possibly light. I think he'll drop down some boards as teams start looking at him less as a starting S and more like a possible Nickel CB.
One more week folks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
7 days
7 days

wooooooooooooooooo