There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

College All-Star Challenge - On ESPN right now.

Now exactly the Senior Bowl or the Combine, but an interesting look and competitiveness and athletic ability.

Guys included:

Jevan Snead, Ole Miss
Sean Canfield, Oregon State
Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan,

Jordan Shipley from Texas,
Mardy Gilyard from Cincinnati,
Dez Bryant from Oklahoma State
Damian Williams from USC
So far I watched the QB Accuracy challenge and the WR Obstacle course thingy. Nothing or nobody really sttod out but poor Mardy Gilyard had Jevan Sneed throwing to him. Snead missed Mardy I think 3 of the 5 throws. Snead may have the "tools" to be an NFL QB but he sucks.
I watched that thing the year Vernon was in it. there was a receiver named Chad Jackson who looked like Jerry Rice and Randy Moss combined, catching everything, running smoothly and showing speed. Got drafted by the Patriots, turned out to be a bust. That Challenge proves even less than the all-star games.
Originally posted by rivercity:
I watched that thing the year Vernon was in it. there was a receiver named Chad Jackson who looked like Jerry Rice and Randy Moss combined, catching everything, running smoothly and showing speed. Got drafted by the Patriots, turned out to be a bust. That Challenge proves even less than the all-star games.

Oh yeah definetly. Its basically just for fun.
I think the purpose of the challenge is mostly entertainment. I don't think scouts are using it to build their draft boards or anything. LOL.

Last year, it was fun to see Nate Davis display his power and basically shock all teh folks who had never heard of him. As a fan of him, and several other cats that don;t get as much spotlite, I kinda like it. They should get more cats like Joe Webb, Armanti Edwards, or that kick returner from FAMU, etc.
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
I think the purpose of the challenge is mostly entertainment. I don't think scouts are using it to build their draft boards or anything. LOL.

Last year, it was fun to see Nate Davis display his power and basically shock all teh folks who had never heard of him. As a fan of him, and several other cats that don;t get as much spotlite, I kinda like it. They should get more cats like Joe Webb, Armanti Edwards, or that kick returner from FAMU, etc.

Didnt Nate win the QB skills last year?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:

Didnt Nate win the QB skills last year?

I know he won the longest throw competition by about 5 yards I think and I'm pretty sure he won the accuracy competition too.
anyone of you webzone draft gurus watching this or perhaps breaking down this skills challenge
sean canfield up 1st in qb skills challenge
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home