There are 201 users in the forums

PFW says we go Clausen/Iupati in the 1st?!

Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by bigfan:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! As much as I love Iupati, ANYTHING but Clausen. I would not even take getting Iupati if it meant taking Clausen. He will make Jamarcus Russell look like Peyton Manning.

Clausen's having been busting in HS, College, and now one FINALLY made it to the pros, and he will be the first to bust there.

Be afraid of Clausens.......be VERY afraid.

So you are basing your opinion on JC because of how his brothers turned out ? That seems intelligent.

And on him, I don't like him at all. But on top of that, I don't trust he genetics. I don't think there is any way he holds up in the NFL. In less than 3 years he will be deal with career affecting/ending injuries. It will be Alex Smith 2.0 at best and more likely Chris Simms or worse.

This is based on what ?

And what about him is it that you don't like and shows he has bust written all over him ?

See above. I don't think he can hold up. Either long/short term meaning careerwise, if he even has one. I really think he's the next Christ Simms. But even within a game. I think he has major durability issues, where even when he's playing well, a few big hits affect him majorly and are the difference between winning the game or not. Whether or not he makes the couple plays necessary to win.

And that's the bottom line, for all his talent, he's been at the helm during one of the worst runs in ND's history. He's not a winner and I don't think he's survive physically in the NFL. That's why I don't like him.

worst run in ND history? Does he play defense too?
not a winner? like unbeaten in high school?
too small physically, just like drew brees?

One of the worst runs, yes. It was a shock the coach kep his job. And as the starting QB he bears a lot of responsibility. Not all his fault for sure, but he would get all the credit if they won, so he sure has to take some of the blame since they sucked. And I'm going to draft a QB a lot more on what he did in college than HS.

And I didn't say he was too small, just that he won't hold up. It has nothing to do with size per say, just durability. Some little guys are tough as balls and some big guys are fragile. But his personal history and his family genetics lead me to believe he won't last in the NFL.

It's not that he can't play or doesn't have talent, but I don't think he's a winner and I don't think he'll hold up. It's as simple as that.

Clearly youre either a ND hater or the guy who punched jimmy outside of that restaurant. You have no logic or evidence to support your claims. "His personal history and his family genetics lead me to believe he won't last in the NFL". That is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen posted. When Jimmy proves to be an elite nfl qb (like he did in hs and college), i'll be here to see you eat your crow. Until then you just keep playin the part of the FOOL, you're doing a bang up job.

Evil? is that you?
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! As much as I love Iupati, ANYTHING but Clausen. I would not even take getting Iupati if it meant taking Clausen. He will make Jamarcus Russell look like Peyton Manning.

Clausen's having been busting in HS, College, and now one FINALLY made it to the pros, and he will be the first to bust there.

So you are basing your opinion on JC because of how his brothers turned out ? That seems intelligent.

And on him, I don't like him at all. But on top of that, I don't trust he genetics. I don't think there is any way he holds up in the NFL. In less than 3 years he will be deal with career affecting/ending injuries. It will be Alex Smith 2.0 at best and more likely Chris Simms or worse.

This is based on what ?

And what about him is it that you don't like and shows he has bust written all over him ?

See above. I don't think he can hold up. Either long/short term meaning careerwise, if he even has one. I really think he's the next Christ Simms. But even within a game. I think he has major durability issues, where even when he's playing well, a few big hits affect him majorly and are the difference between winning the game or not. Whether or not he makes the couple plays necessary to win.

And that's the bottom line, for all his talent, he's been at the helm during one of the worst runs in ND's history. He's not a winner and I don't think he's survive physically in the NFL. That's why I don't like him.

worst run in ND history? Does he play defense too?
not a winner? like unbeaten in high school?
too small physically, just like drew brees?

One of the worst runs, yes. It was a shock the coach kep his job. And as the starting QB he bears a lot of responsibility. Not all his fault for sure, but he would get all the credit if they won, so he sure has to take some of the blame since they sucked. And I'm going to draft a QB a lot more on what he did in college than HS.

And I didn't say he was too small, just that he won't hold up. It has nothing to do with size per say, just durability. Some little guys are tough as balls and some big guys are fragile. But his personal history and his family genetics lead me to believe he won't last in the NFL.

It's not that he can't play or doesn't have talent, but I don't think he's a winner and I don't think he'll hold up. It's as simple as that.

Clearly youre either a ND hater or the guy who punched jimmy outside of that restaurant. You have no logic or evidence to support your claims. "His personal history and his family genetics lead me to believe he won't last in the NFL". That is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen posted. When Jimmy proves to be an elite nfl qb (like he did in hs and college), i'll be here to see you eat your crow. Until then you just keep playin the part of the FOOL, you're doing a bang up job.

Really? Genetics is foolish? That and his record as a starter is a complete lack of evidence? You don't have to agree with me and I said he was talented. I just don't think he will last in the NFL. I haven't dissed anybody and I've used nothing but logic. I could care less about ND one way or the other. Not a huge fan, not a hater. But I don't think there is ANY chance Clausen lasts in the NFL.

We'll find out over the next few years who is right. But we'll see when he's Chris Simms part Deux if you are here to admit it. I'll gladly admit I'm wrong if he's great. I've got no personal interest it this, other than not wanting us to draft him.
Originally posted by TJA85:
Eric Berry pulls a Michael Crabtree.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
just for grins... someone know how to make a Clausen niners jersey?
Clausen is not a sure thing. Iupati is way to high at #16/#17.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Clausen is not a sure thing. Iupati is way to high at #16/#17.

I tend to agree. He had a poor performance at the Senior Bowl, struggling with holding and not being able to move to either tackle spot. He'll still be a dominating guard but I think he'll go in the mid 20s
Originally posted by smileyman:

Originally posted by smileyman:

makes my skin crawl.....

Yeah, Notre Dame never produced any good 'frail-looking' QB's.

Clausen is the best passer in the class, it really leaps out how well he can throw the ball. I don't trust any QB coming from a big successful program with an allstar OL and WR core. He played awesome in a pro-style offense at a not-so-hot ND program.

If the 49ers took him at 13 I would be happy.

NO THANKS!

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

NO THANKS!

We difinately don't need any Speedo wearing QBs... Once this picture makes the rounds, Clausen will fall out of the 1st round altogether.

This kid was out throwing pro QB's when he was in high school. He is a gamer he and Tate was the only reason that team was competitive. Are you for real or joking?

Thats a little extreme... The kid has shown solid improvement every year and proved to be fairly clutch this year while putting up excellent offensive numbers.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
This kid was out throwing pro QB's when he was in high school. He is a gamer he and Tate was the only reason that team was competitive. Are you for real or joking?

If you saw any of the snaps Crist took during the season, you'd see night and day between where he was and where Jimmy was. Crist has great great potential but he was no where as comfortable or in command of the offense as JC was.

Originally posted by abowers1984:
Thats a little extreme... The kid has shown solid improvement every year and proved to be fairly clutch this year while putting up excellent offensive numbers.

Basically if a potential franchise QB fell into our laps like Clausen or Bradford, I'd be quite upset if we passed unless we traded back because of some great offer. Otherwise IMO you take the kid just like we took Crabs. BPA and at the most crucial position. If Alex goes on to succeed and the rook never gets a chance, so be it, but it puts us in a Brees/Rivers situation with some great power in our hands where we could deal either QB for the right price.

And little known fact to some, Clausen embraces competition as he was a big factor in ND landing Dayne Crist (they were childhood friends) as a recruit out of HS (Crist was a top 3 QB in that class) and they both had a shot at being the starter last spring.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

Share 49ersWebzone