LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 307 users in the forums

PFW says we go Clausen/Iupati in the 1st?!

LINK

I'm not completely against it...but this draft is all shaken up...stranger things have happened.
not gonna happen, no way Clausen makes it to us.

This would be my ideal first two selections, but highly doubt it.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Eric Berry pulls a Michael Crabtree.
why not trade up to the 9th pick and get berry?
just for grins... someone know how to make a Clausen niners jersey?
joe haden at 19? thats stupid
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! As much as I love Iupati, ANYTHING but Clausen. I would not even take getting Iupati if it meant taking Clausen. He will make Jamarcus Russell look like Peyton Manning.

Clausen's having been busting in HS, College, and now one FINALLY made it to the pros, and he will be the first to bust there.

Be afraid of Clausens.......be VERY afraid.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
why not trade up to the 9th pick and get berry?

Actually, for as little as it would take, I would be all for it. There has been crazy trade up for Berry talk, but for 4 picks, we could probably swing it for a 3rd rounder. (At least according to the draft value chart), so that would be well worth it.

Berry, a great OT, and either a stud pass rusher, OG or KR in the second? That would be fine.
Two QBs should go before the six pick is over. The Redskins and Seahawks need a QB of the future, and so does the Rams.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! As much as I love Iupati, ANYTHING but Clausen. I would not even take getting Iupati if it meant taking Clausen. He will make Jamarcus Russell look like Peyton Manning.

Clausen's having been busting in HS, College, and now one FINALLY made it to the pros, and he will be the first to bust there.

Did you ever watch him play? Clausen will do well in the pros. (unless he goes to Cleveland).. he has a strong arm, plays thru pain, leads his team in the 4th quarter, and not to mention is the most acurate passer in this class. We would be lucky if he fell to us.

Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
LINK

I'm not completely against it...but this draft is all shaken up...stranger things have happened.

cancel your subscription
  • evil
  • Veteran

So you are basing your opinion on JC because of how his brothers turned out ? That seems intelligent.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

So you are basing your opinion on JC because of how his brothers turned out ? That seems intelligent.

And on him, I don't like him at all. But on top of that, I don't trust he genetics. I don't think there is any way he holds up in the NFL. In less than 3 years he will be deal with career affecting/ending injuries. It will be Alex Smith 2.0 at best and more likely Chris Simms or worse.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

And on him, I don't like him at all. But on top of that, I don't trust he genetics. I don't think there is any way he holds up in the NFL. In less than 3 years he will be deal with career affecting/ending injuries. It will be Alex Smith 2.0 at best and more likely Chris Simms or worse.

This is based on what ?

And what about him is it that you don't like and shows he has bust written all over him ?
I think Jimmy Clausen will do well in teh pros...I actually think Colt McCoy?Sam Bradford fall in the category of probable injury-prone busts. They're used to holding the ball FAR longer than Clausen.
Share 49ersWebzone