LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Trade both 1st rounders for a chance at Berry

Trade both 1st rounders for a chance at Berry

Most likely Berry will go in the top 5. If he lasts past pick #2 what you say we give Tampa both our first rounders for their #3?
f**k no
He is a free safety not a franchise QB.. no way. We have too many needs to do that.
How would we get a RT?
That would be a really bad idea...REALLY BAD.. CAPITAL B.A.D bad

We need to come away from this draft with more than just a highly regarded safety prospect, even one as good as Berry.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
f**k no

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Like I said in another thread, I really don't think McCloughan values the secondary, let alone the Safety position all that much. For one, I doubt we go DB in the 1st round, and two, I REALLY doubt McCloughan trades our (or his) two 1st round picks for a Safety.

As much as I like Berry, I'd probably trade a 1st and 2nd for him at the most....no way two 1st round picks. Besides, why do that when we can get:

Earl Thomas
Taylor Mays
Morgan Burnett
Chad Jones
Reshad Jones
Major Wright
Robert Johnson
Kam Chancellor

Can you say......DEEP!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Like I said in another thread, I really don't think McCloughan values the secondary, let alone the Safety position all that much. For one, I doubt we go DB in the 1st round, and two, I REALLY doubt McCloughan trades our (or his) two 1st round picks for a Safety.

As much as I like Berry, I'd probably trade a 1st and 2nd for him at the most....no way two 1st round picks. Besides, why do that when we can get:

Earl Thomas
Taylor Mays
Morgan Burnett
Chad Jones
Reshad Jones
Major Wright
Robert Johnson
Kam Chancellor

Can you say......DEEP!!!

Why do you think Scot doesn't value the secondary? He's drafted several DB's and brought in several expensive FA's (unless you really want to argue that Scot was against bringing in those guys). The fact that the highest he's drafted a DB is the 3rd round could be explained by his view of our team needs and the talent available in rounds 1 & 2 during those years. There are a ton of positions that he hasn't spent a 1st or 2nd round pick on. I don't think that means he doesn't care about those positions.
who tell voted "yes"?
the safety-class seems to be good enough to take a safety in the later rounds this year.
[ Edited by communist on Feb 3, 2010 at 2:27 PM ]
come again?

SMH
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Absolutely not.

Now If he falls to 5th or later (which I think he will) I'd be all for trading our 1a, a 2nd, and next year's 3rd to move up and grab him and then trade our 1b back to New England (pick 22) for their 1st and their first 2nd (which is at #44).
you know berry wont be picked till maybe the 5th pick

1 claussen
2. suh
3. mccoy
4. okung
5. berry

we can trade our 13th pick and our second round pick for him which i wouldnt mind doing at all
For an OT yes. Not for a safety.

Russell Okung maybe?
this is why i am glad fans don't get any input in a real draft....sorry but that's a bad idea. Yes Eric Berry has talent...like many other players in the first round. Don't go crazy because he's top 5 pick....that doesn't mean nothing at all in the grand scheme of things.
Share 49ersWebzone