There are 296 users in the forums

Who do we take?

Who do we take?

So the niners take BPAOT at #13 and when they are up at #16/17, these players are still on the board. With Graham having an amazing week at the senior bowl, and Iupati really struggling during the game, this could be a close one. Who do we choose and why?
Looks like the Iupati love fest is dying off with his bad performance in the senior bowl.
[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Feb 1, 2010 at 7:33 AM ]
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Looks like the Iupati love fest is dying off with his bad performance in the senior bowl.

good for us! Iupati seems like a Singeltary guy, a mauler! Fingers crossed him dropping to the 2nd!
Originally posted by kunged:

good for us! Iupati seems like a Singeltary guy, a mauler! Fingers crossed him dropping to the 2nd!

His stock might have dropped a little, but not that far. Still no way we get him in the second. I guess it could happen, but I wouldn't bet on it.
So the niners take BPAOT at #13 and when they are up at #16/17, these players are still on the board. With Graham having an amazing week at the senior bowl, and Iupati really struggling during the game, this could be a close one. Who do we choose and why?

This is my first post after the SB on Iupati and hell yes, I was disappointed in his performance at RG...got dominated by quicker, smaller DTs inside. However, he WAS very good at LG. He's just a natural at that position. What does this mean? It means he needs to be coached on how to play tackle in the NFL.

Is he a RT or RG now. Oh no, but he can be. Still, he will not get passed Dallas, IMO at most. I still say he's top 20-25 pick after the Combine. Maybe Pitt if we don't nab him.

I just think ROT will be much more important that LOG when you look at it from just one position for the guy rather than versatility along the OL. Therefore, the best ROT in Trent Williams would hold more weight from that point I would think.

If that is the case, Spiller comes off the board first because he truly will be BPA @ #13, he's going to be top 10 after Combine for sure, IMO. Or we trade the #13 for big money because someone really wants a LOT or Spiller.

I still say Trent Williams will be available at #16/17 because of his lock as a true RT rather than a potential LT. There are better potential LTs in the first with A. Davis, B. Campbell, and B. Bulaga.

Still you never know. If it plays out that we do take Williams first, then it would be Spiller, IMO at BPA.
Take Iupati. As a guard.
Share 49ersWebzone