There are 235 users in the forums

Graham looks like a winner!

The dude is a good football player. But is he gonna start over Brooks or Haralson? Why is everyone on his nuts? I get the impression that he is Julian Peterson, LT, or Harrison, or Woodley around here.

Trent Williams is the only player I would consider over Haden if he is there at 13. Otherwise we go Haden, and maybe even Earl Thomas at 17.

I really wanted a good OT but I just dont see one if the big 3 are gone. I am concerned about Anthony Davis. Would like to see Iupati play OG for us, he would be the only other player Id consider at 17 along with Dez Bryant. If Dez Bryant is there at 17, I would take him. I just dont see a quality RT being available for us.

If we take Davis at 17 I think there is upside, but he just seems like a soft and weak minded player. Imagine what happens when gets 1st RD money.

[ Edited by calbear on Apr 8, 2010 at 13:12:08 ]
Originally posted by calbear:
The dude is a good football player. But is he gonna start over Brooks or Haralson? Why is everyone on his nuts? I get the impression that he is Julian Peterson, LT, or Harrison, or Woodley around here.

Trent Williams is the only player I would consider over Haden if he is there at 13. Otherwise we go Haden, and maybe even Earl Thomas at 17.

I really wanted a good OT but I just dont see one if the big 3 are gone. I am concerned about Anthony Davis. Would like to see Iupati play OG for us, he would be the only other player Id consider at 17 along with Dez Bryant. If Dez Bryant is there at 17, I would take him. I just dont see a quality RT being available for us.

If we take Davis at 17 I think there is upside, but he just seems like a soft and weak minded player. Imagine what happens when gets 1st RD money.

Yes, I bet he would. If not by the start of the season, then by sometime in the middle of the season.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Yes, I bet he would. If not by the start of the season, then by sometime in the middle of the season.

I think Haralson is overrated, and is best served as a backup, so yes I believe Graham has the possibility of starting. However, I would like to say that several zoners were very high on Everette Brown last year, and he didn't turn out that great. In fact, people were clamoring for Brown to be our pick at 10, before Crabtree dropped to us that is. It's funny because Brown reminds me a lot of Graham, so I don't think Graham is a sure-thing as well.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think everyone was on his jock, but we were humping one of his legs.
He's been great since his junior season and I liked him this past season. I originally thought he would be a 2nd round selection, but with his offseason performance, he has projected his status in the top 20.
You must be new because people here in the zone have been on Graham's jock since the beginning of the football season.
First off, Lawson and Haralson are the starters. Secondly, Brooks is just fine right where he is, a situattional pass rusher (nickle).

IMO Brandon Graham would be the best pass rusher on our roster period. He is a legit first rounder and would be an immediate upgrade over anyone on the roster.
I was I'm a Michigan fan
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Haralson and Lawson can be upgraded, I think Graham would be an upgrade.

Originally posted by teeohh:
Haralson and Lawson can be upgraded, I think Graham would be an upgrade.

werd
My favorite is still Jerry Hughes but either guy would start on this team maybe not right away but definitely bring some good pass rush in obvious passing situations and start next year without question.

Haralson is a backup and the 49ers overreacted by signing him to that contract. Lawson as much as I like the guy is probably gone after this season and he still hasn't shown the pass rush I expected out of him.

Brooks at this point hasn't proven sh*t either. He's looked good in limited situations but we don't know what he'd look like if given a chance to start...see Haralson.
not that much but his stock shot up after the senior bowl the dude is a flat out beast and has an incredible motor may be a little small but i see a little elvis dumberville in him i think he will be a beast hope we get him
Originally posted by genus49:
My favorite is still Jerry Hughes but either guy would start on this team maybe not right away but definitely bring some good pass rush in obvious passing situations and start next year without question.

Haralson is a backup and the 49ers overreacted by signing him to that contract. Lawson as much as I like the guy is probably gone after this season and he still hasn't shown the pass rush I expected out of him.

Brooks at this point hasn't proven sh*t either. He's looked good in limited situations but we don't know what he'd look like if given a chance to start...see Haralson.

Lawson might not be the pass rusher we all hoped, but he does pretty good in the run game and is decent in coverage also. He's also pretty darn food at blocking kicks and punts.

I hope we can resign Manny to a reasonable contract.
Share 49ersWebzone