LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 132 users in the forums

Graham looks like a winner!

Originally posted by hofer36:
can graham transition to 3-4 linebacker though...he was a defensive end for michigan

Graham came to Michigan as a LB before transitioning to DE (just like Woodley). Interestingly enough, Graham even played a little DT/DE in their 3-3-5 scheme, which explains why he's so stout against the run.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love the way Graham uses his hands to get leverage. He doesn't have long arms, but he knows how to use them to get past the OT. The great ones know how to do this.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo63 on Jan 31, 2010 at 5:51 AM ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would like to get Graham

I am thinking about Graham.. everyone said the best about him?!? ok, I wonder.. He did steroid before when started a game senior bowl and good to show what did u think that he was great a football? i am not sure if he did steroid or not.. i guess..

Dude, why would he have done steroids!? Do you have any proof to back up these claims. That's ridiculous IMO... He's been playing this well the last like 2 years.

I didn't have any proof or anyones didn't have it too.. I really need our Pass Rush that is very important the beasts defense! I think, We should grab him at #13
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would like to get Graham

I am thinking about Graham.. everyone said the best about him?!? ok, I wonder.. He did steroid before when started a game senior bowl and good to show what did u think that he was great a football? i am not sure if he did steroid or not.. i guess..

Dude, why would he have done steroids!? Do you have any proof to back up these claims. That's ridiculous IMO... He's been playing this well the last like 2 years.

I didn't have any proof or anyones didn't have it too.. I really need our Pass Rush that is very important the beasts defense! I think, We should grab him at #13

I agree lets do it at 13!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by teeohh:
pass rush!

I'm with you, brother. To me, in order of priority on a football team, the real value is:

1.) QB
2.) Pass rush
3.) Pass protection (tackles)
4.) Offensive playmakers
5.) Shut-down corners

You are a wise man.

Thank you kind sir.

So with this draft, it's possible to address #2 and #3...until we address #1 though, we'll continue to struggle to take the next step.

Hi guys ,its my first post on this site! Brandon Graham is clearly one of the top four defenders in the draft. He virtually lit up everyone that tried to block him, Bulaga included! He will make our secondary much better with his QB pressure, and he's also a stud against the run! We cant pass up a truly elite player at a needed position. I say we take him at 13. Okung and Bulaga are the only tackles with a high first round grade, and they won't be there at 13, any other OT would be a reach at that point. so we wait to second round to grab one. Between Graham and Hayden, in my eyes its not even close. Graham is the better player, and will be a Pat Willis on the outside!
If we can trade out of # 17,for a high second and third rounder, i would do it. If not
Earl thomas would be a very solid pick!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by destroyer:
Hi guys ,its my first post on this site! Brandon Graham is clearly one of the top four defenders in the draft. He virtually lit up everyone that tried to block him, Bulaga included! He will make our secondary much better with his QB pressure, and he's also a stud against the run! We cant pass up a truly elite player at a needed position. I say we take him at 13. Okung and Bulaga are the only tackles with a high first round grade, and they won't be there at 13, any other OT would be a reach at that point. so we wait to second round to grab one. Between Graham and Hayden, in my eyes its not even close. Graham is the better player, and will be a Pat Willis on the outside!
If we can trade out of # 17,for a high second and third rounder, i would do it. If not
Earl thomas would be a very solid pick!

I couldn't agree more. The more I think about this draft the more I want Graham at #13. With Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas or Golden Tate at #17. While getting an OT in the 2nd.
I'm warming up to the idea but only if the top tackles are gone. I could be very interested at 17. Very.

PS: noob
I would be very happy with Brandon Graham. I think him & Ahmad Brooks on the outside would be a great combination for the 49ers defense.

Think we could get a 3rd for manny
I agree 100% with the post!

Graham is going to be a STUD, and would be an excellent pick at #13.

At #17 I would pick Earl Thomas, Joe Haden, Devin McCourtey, or Kyle Wilson. Either of these four in the secondary, plus Graham harassing the QB= TOP 5 DEFENSE!!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Think we could get a 3rd for manny

Why? Lawson, Graham, Brooks and Willis on Passing downs would be a nice quad.
I think Graham will be there at 17 tho, so it makes sense to grab haden or berry (i know its very unlikely).

Still, if T.Williams is available at 13 thats my vote.
with Brandon Graham being 6' 1" to small for DE and not athletic enough for OLB do you think he will fall. and with guy having great pro days like Everson Griffen just ran a 4.6 at pro day is he being moved down boards??? Derrick Morgan,Jason Pierre-Paul, Sergio Kindle, Everson Griffen, Jerry Hughes, are all so called bigger faster stronger. I know he has a faster 40 then some of these guy but there all a little bigger or a bit faster, or a little better here or there. Who out of all these guy is going to fall and if they make it to the second round would you want to trade up to get them??
Share 49ersWebzone