There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Graham looks like a winner!

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by teeohh:
pass rush!

I'm with you, brother. To me, in order of priority on a football team, the real value is:

1.) QB
2.) Pass rush
3.) Pass protection (tackles)
4.) Offensive playmakers
5.) Shut-down corners

I can't add nothing man this is pure genius!
with Hughes declining a invite, and Graham impressing so much, Graham has just propelled himself to top Pass Rusher in the draft.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
with Hughes declining a invite, and Graham impressing so much, Graham has just propelled himself to top Pass Rusher in the draft.

You are so right, he just looked like a man amongst boys out there!
pass rush!

I'm with you, brother. To me, in order of priority on a football team, the real value is:

1.) QB
2.) Pass rush
4.) Offensive playmakers
5.) Shut-down corners

Yeah, Haralson didn't put up the production people expected, I don't have faith in Lawson, and Brooks was a great surprise later on. I think Graham would be a great pick
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
pass rush!

1.) QB
2.) Pass rush
4.) Offensive playmakers
5.) Shut-down corners

You are a wise man.

Thank you kind sir.

So with this draft, it's possible to address #2 and #3...until we address #1 though, we'll continue to struggle to take the next step.
pass rush!

1.) QB
2.) Pass rush
4.) Offensive playmakers
5.) Shut-down corners

Yeah, Haralson didn't put up the production people expected, I don't have faith in Lawson, and Brooks was a great surprise later on. I think Graham would be a great pick

I think Parys is much better in a reserve role; he can come in on certain packages and explode by his man...but as a starter, he just gets worn down and doesn't consistently provide enough pass rush. Bring him in solely on nickel/dime packages, and watch his sack/pressure numbers go up.
pass rush!

1.) QB
2.) Pass rush
4.) Offensive playmakers
5.) Shut-down corners

Haralson is still suck and should be release! Lawson is played well.. He should be on Bench and part time.. Should Draft Graham pls... we need Pass Rush and Oline both too..
pass rush!

1.) QB
2.) Pass rush
4.) Offensive playmakers
5.) Shut-down corners

I think Parys is much better in a reserve role; he can come in on certain packages and explode by his man...but as a starter, he just gets worn down and doesn't consistently provide enough pass rush. Bring him in solely on nickel/dime packages, and watch his sack/pressure numbers go up.

I concur sir! You are dead on in your assessment
Would like to get Graham
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
1a (13th pick). An OT
1b (17th pick). Brandon Graham...Im not sure if he'll fall that much but the commentators were saying hes a late 1st round pick
2. Javier Arenas
3. OG

I'm trying not to overreact (since that happens a lot here on the zone), but I now believe Graham was severely underrated. As impressed as I've been with Derrick Morgan (who is considered the top DE in the draft, and a top 10-12 pick), I don't see much of a difference between the two in terms of how they project to the next level. Morgan might put up better triangle/combine numbers, probably has longer arms and might look the part more so than Graham, but in terms of sheer ability and how they translate to the NFL, I don't see a huge difference at all.

The next guy on the DE list is considered to be Jason Pierre-Paul, who many project in the 12-15 range. He might have all the right physical attributes and the huge "upside," but he's nowhere near the polished pass rusher that Graham is, and might take years to get there (if he ever does).

Finally, if teams had to do it all over again, they would never let LaMarr Woodley slip to the 2nd round...he's that good of a pass rusher and overall football player. Woodley would easily go in the mid-1st if teams had any idea how good he really was. Well, heading into the draft, Graham looks to be a slight cut above Woodley in terms of pass rush technique, quickness off the snap and his ability to play the run.

So as much of a knee-jerk reaction as this might sound, in terms of pure projection as a prospect to the next level, I can easily project Graham to our #13 pick, and definitely to our #16/17 pick.

I've known he was more talented then a 2nd rounder but if you said that on here before the senior bowl people would say your crazy and our first pick should be Iupati...
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would like to get Graham

I am thinking about Graham.. everyone said the best about him?!? ok, I wonder.. He did steroid before when started a game senior bowl and good to show what did u think that he was great a football? i am not sure if he did steroid or not.. i guess..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Jan 30, 2010 at 11:31 PM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would like to get Graham

I am thinking about Graham.. everyone said the best about him?!? ok, I wonder.. He did steroid before when started a game senior bowl and good to show what did u think that he was great a football? i am not sure if he did steroid or not.. i guess..

Dude, why would he have done steroids!? Do you have any proof to back up these claims. That's ridiculous IMO... He's been playing this well the last like 2 years.
  • tap11
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
pass rush!

1.) QB
2.) Pass rush
4.) Offensive playmakers
5.) Shut-down corners

I can't add nothing man this is pure genius!

So, what will you add?
can graham transition to 3-4 linebacker though...he was a defensive end for michigan