There are 257 users in the forums

Graham looks like a winner!

That guy looked unblockable in the senior bowl today. Fellas I got to change my mind and say at 13 we take graham and then trade back the 16 pick to mid 20's for a second rounder because this draft is deep!
There's no doubt Graham is an incredible talent. Today shouldn't catapult him up draftboards as he was working against Black and Capers. Not exactly cream of the crop.
"I want winners" I like Graham but I don't think the 49ers should or will use a first rd pick on him. I like our OLB's...Brooks, Haralson and Lawson and maybe add a guy in the 3rd or 4th rd.

Bryan Bulaga and Earl Thomas in the 1st rd, im sticking to it....For now
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
That guy looked unblockable in the senior bowl today. Fellas I got to change my mind and say at 13 we take graham and then trade back the 16 pick to mid 20's for a second rounder because this draft is deep!

I'm still pretty committed to at RT at 13, but I'm interested in the concept of Graham at 17.
Wow you guy think graham will be there in the 2nd round?
I'm trying not to overreact (since that happens a lot here on the zone), but I now believe Graham was severely underrated. As impressed as I've been with Derrick Morgan (who is considered the top DE in the draft, and a top 10-12 pick), I don't see much of a difference between the two in terms of how they project to the next level. Morgan might put up better triangle/combine numbers, probably has longer arms and might look the part more so than Graham, but in terms of sheer ability and how they translate to the NFL, I don't see a huge difference at all.

The next guy on the DE list is considered to be Jason Pierre-Paul, who many project in the 12-15 range. He might have all the right physical attributes and the huge "upside," but he's nowhere near the polished pass rusher that Graham is, and might take years to get there (if he ever does).

Finally, if teams had to do it all over again, they would never let LaMarr Woodley slip to the 2nd round...he's that good of a pass rusher and overall football player. Woodley would easily go in the mid-1st if teams had any idea how good he really was. Well, heading into the draft, Graham looks to be a slight cut above Woodley in terms of pass rush technique, quickness off the snap and his ability to play the run.

So as much of a knee-jerk reaction as this might sound, in terms of pure projection as a prospect to the next level, I can easily project Graham to our #13 pick, and definitely to our #16/17 pick.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'm trying not to overreact (since that happens a lot here on the zone), but I now believe Graham was severely underrated. As impressed as I've been with Derrick Morgan (who is considered the top DE in the draft, and a top 10-12 pick), I don't see much of a difference between the two in terms of how they project to the next level. Morgan might put up better triangle/combine numbers, probably has longer arms and might look the part more so than Graham, but in terms of sheer ability and how they translate to the NFL, I don't see a huge difference at all.

The next guy on the DE list is considered to be Jason Pierre-Paul, who many project in the 12-15 range. He might have all the right physical attributes and the huge "upside," but he's nowhere near the polished pass rusher that Graham is, and might take years to get there (if he ever does).

Finally, if teams had to do it all over again, they would never let LaMarr Woodley slip to the 2nd round...he's that good of a pass rusher and overall football player. Woodley would easily go in the mid-1st if teams had any idea how good he really was. Well, heading into the draft, Graham looks to be a slight cut above Woodley in terms of pass rush technique, quickness off the snap and his ability to play the run.

So as much of a knee-jerk reaction as this might sound, in terms of pure projection as a prospect to the next level, I can easily project Graham to our #13 pick, and definitely to our #16/17 pick.

Spiller and Graham Ghost!!!! Fox and Jerry in the 2nd and 3rd!!!
originally i was hoping we could trade up and get a guy like graham and a 3rd...but as it seems, his interest might sky rocket come draft day. If he stays away from the combine like i think he will he might go early.

I also found a video that reassured what i watched today about graham...he has the swim move down packed.

Originally posted by ezekiel40:

Spiller and Graham Ghost!!!! Fox and Jerry in the 2nd and 3rd!!!

I could definitely live with that! I just think one of those first picks will be a RT.
Originally posted by ninerforyears:

I like Graham too.....

Unfortunately he's short 6'1", and McCloughan will think he's too short!! He's looking for tall guys that run fast in a straight line (Manny).... not unstoppable quick strong guys with low center of gravity that can run by you (Graham).

But 13 is too high, maybe 17, or perhaps trade down a little to early ~20's. Lots of good depth in the later first and early 2nd rds.
[ Edited by maxsmart on Jan 30, 2010 at 10:34 PM ]

I agree totally man!
pass rush!
Originally posted by teeohh:
pass rush!

I'm with you, brother. To me, in order of priority on a football team, the real value is:

1.) QB
2.) Pass rush
3.) Pass protection (tackles)
4.) Offensive playmakers
5.) Shut-down corners
pass rush!

I'm with you, brother. To me, in order of priority on a football team, the real value is:

1.) QB
2.) Pass rush
3.) Pass protection (tackles)
4.) Offensive playmakers
5.) Shut-down corners

You are a wise man.
pass rush!

Yea! WE need Pass Rush to Graham that he look so damn tough a football..
Share 49ersWebzone