LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Trade next years 1st to get back into 2nd

I'm uncomfortable with that yet if we can get someone who'll be an "IMPACT" starter not someone who is slightly better than who we have.
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
1a. we get our tackle Anthony Davis
1b. Our guard Iuatapi
2a. Mcluster
2b. Kyle Wright. he shut down half the field at boise and he returns kicks
or even cody if he falls, but we have to get back into the 2nd round
3. Myron Rolle

How about trading our second first rounder back from 16 to like 24 or 25 for a second rounder?
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Better yet.. Trade this years 2nd and 3rd (worth 600 points) which would be equal in value to #31 in the 1st.

I had mentioned this idea in a few other threads. We could seriously load up with 3 of the first 31 picks as opposed to 4 picks in the top 82 or whatever.

I'd rather do this if we can land a top guy late in the 1st.
I'd much rather just trade back in the first round to pick up another second rounder.

The perfect partner would be the Pats. They have THREE second round picks. And their natural picks 22 (first round) and 53 (second round) are worth almost exactly our first pick.

Or we could use our first pick to make sure we get Iupati and do the same kind of trade with someone later in the round for our 16/17 pick if someone in the Cowboys, Jets or Chargers range has a player they covet who fell there.

Then with either 13 or 16/17 plus a late first rounder and 49 plus another mid/late second rounder we should be able to get 2 OLs, a KR, a playmaker AND a pass rusher with our first 5 picks and be sitting VERY pretty for next year.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
I'd much rather just trade back in the first round to pick up another second rounder.

The perfect partner would be the Pats. They have THREE second round picks. And their natural picks 22 (first round) and 53 (second round) are worth almost exactly our first pick.

Or we could use our first pick to make sure we get Iupati and do the same kind of trade with someone later in the round for our 16/17 pick if someone in the Cowboys, Jets or Chargers range has a player they covet who fell there.

Then with either 13 or 16/17 plus a late first rounder and 49 plus another mid/late second rounder we should be able to get 2 OLs, a KR, a playmaker AND a pass rusher with our first 5 picks and be sitting VERY pretty for next year.

Nobody is going to draft a guard at 13. He showed he can't step in and play T right away at the senior bowl practices.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I think you mean Kyle Wilson, CB Boise St and absolutely not on the trade.

Kyle Wilson of Boise State. Exactly.
Originally posted by kronik:
Normally I wouldn't do it. But this year, I'd consider it. But not for small guys that haven't proved they can handle the physicality of the NFL. I'd do it to get a OT if we bypass one with our 1st 2 picks. I'd also do it to get Graham somehow. Or get Spiller if we decide to take OT and OG Iupati with our first 2 picks.

But not for 160 lb McCluster and a small CB known to have tackling issues (Kyle Wilson). So what that they had good practices so far. Guess what, they don't allow tackling in practice. The reaon why McCluster and Wilson are rated as late 2nd - 3rd round picks initially are due to their lack of strength and size. Practice hasn't disproven that.

He went injury free in the most physical conference in the NCAA. I think he will be fine. That's the reason that Jackson and Johnson fell and everyone is wishing they wouldn't have thought that way. Dude is a football player. I don't agree that ludicrous logic at all.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by kronik:
Normally I wouldn't do it. But this year, I'd consider it. But not for small guys that haven't proved they can handle the physicality of the NFL. I'd do it to get a OT if we bypass one with our 1st 2 picks. I'd also do it to get Graham somehow. Or get Spiller if we decide to take OT and OG Iupati with our first 2 picks.

But not for 160 lb McCluster and a small CB known to have tackling issues (Kyle Wilson). So what that they had good practices so far. Guess what, they don't allow tackling in practice. The reaon why McCluster and Wilson are rated as late 2nd - 3rd round picks initially are due to their lack of strength and size. Practice hasn't disproven that.

He went injury free in the most physical conference in the NCAA. I think he will be fine. That's the reason that Jackson and Johnson fell and everyone is wishing they wouldn't have thought that way. Dude is a football player. I don't agree that ludicrous logic at all.

Neither do I. I think McCluster will be the next DeSean Jackson and have teams regretting passing up on him. I think he'll make his biggest mark as a WR (he looked very, very good catching balls during Senior Bowl practices).
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
1a. we get our tackle Anthony Davis
1b. Our guard Iuatapi
2a. Mcluster
2b. Kyle Wright. he shut down half the field at boise and he returns kicks
or even cody if he falls, but we have to get back into the 2nd round
3. Myron Rolle

Love it. Add a olb in fa and you may have to take wright early second round. But I love fixing the ol properly.
Share 49ersWebzone