LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

McShay: Guard Iupati might be a first-round reach for Niners

Originally posted by smileyman:
This is why I don't think he ends up a Niner.

McC doesn't think highly of guards and if Iupati can't play RT he will wait to draft a guard in the 2nd

lol
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Todd McGay strikes again! He seriously has it out for the 49ers because we draft differently than he mocks.

this was after the season ended when they started with the mocks....he was talking about him as an OT. Obviously he will never be a OT. So the point is moot.

Oh... Well, still. f**k Todd McShay. On NFL Live's coverage of the NFC West he said that our Anthony Davis pick was a reach are you f**king kidding me? 2 spots? He's gayer than aids.

lol i like mcshay
His "rival", Kiper thought we had a very solid draft and graded it overall as a "B". Whatever, these guys try to evaluate what teams need and get in the draft...but none know our team like our beat writers do. So, while it's sometimes interesting and/or disgusting what guys like McShay say, at the end of the day, it really doesn't mean that much. It's just one guy's interpretation of how well he thinks we did. I love our draft because it really put Singletary's stamp on his team and they should be all the better for it. As for Iupati specifically, I see no reason he shouldn't be an absolute beast at LG for us. While most of the focus was on the glaring need at RT, we Niner fanatics also knew our interior OL was suspect. The big Somoan will put an end to that nonsense...
I don't care of Iupati was a reach, he's a beast and Im glad he's a 49er!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
McShay is gay.
If he is so sure the guy will be a perennial probowler, why does he have him going so low? If I'm sure a guy will be elite at any position (besides special teams players), I'm taking him at the top half of the first round.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
His "rival", Kiper thought we had a very solid draft and graded it overall as a "B". Whatever, these guys try to evaluate what teams need and get in the draft...but none know our team like our beat writers do. So, while it's sometimes interesting and/or disgusting what guys like McShay say, at the end of the day, it really doesn't mean that much. It's just one guy's interpretation of how well he thinks we did. I love our draft because it really put Singletary's stamp on his team and they should be all the better for it. As for Iupati specifically, I see no reason he shouldn't be an absolute beast at LG for us. While most of the focus was on the glaring need at RT, we Niner fanatics also knew our interior OL was suspect. The big Somoan will put an end to that nonsense...

Yep. And hopefully there will be no more talk of converting him to tackle
Originally posted by susweel:
McShay is gay.

super gay
In the NFL DRAFT Sporting News Mag for 5/10/2010, Russ Lande's NFC West Steal is Mr. Mike Iupati. This what he said...

"The best interior lineman in the draft SLID to No. 17 because of concerns about holding penalties. He has the tools to become a Pro Bowler early in his career."

Yea, take that McShay!

iupatti is going to be a freak i hope he breaks docketts neck on mnf
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
McShay is gay.

super gay

Speaking as a non-gay guy, "So what?"
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
McShay is gay.

super gay

It means he chokes on cock and ball consistently for the past couple of years. Todd McGay is the most annoying weasel on ESPN. He gobbled on Clausen's nutsack while doing an interview but when wasn't in his presence he just bagged him. f**king douche.

/thread
McShay is gay.

super gay

Good cover up.