There are 187 users in the forums

Don Banks Mock Draft

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/01/28/mock.draft.2/index.html

has us taking trent williams and earl thomas
I like it!

Although Im not opposed to grabbing Spiller at 13 and Bulaga at 16...
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/01/28/mock.draft.2/index.html

has us taking trent williams and earl thomas

A la the Kiper mock.
I have a feeling Trent Williams is going to fall on draft day, maybe into the 2nd rd. I like the Earl Thomas pick and with the other pick I would take Iupati or Bulaga
I currently have Trent i beleive in the 15-20 range, but i see him dropping, mainly cause of him not showing up for Senior Bowl, and he has some flaws. I dont really see him as a LT.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I currently have Trent i beleive in the 15-20 range, but i see him dropping, mainly cause of him not showing up for Senior Bowl, and he has some flaws. I dont really see him as a LT.

if the niners draft him he wont be playing left tackle

Agreed.

I think just about every team has him projected as a RT after he really struggled playing LT as a senior. He did himself no favors not showing up for the Senior bowl after a dissapointing Senior season. I question the guys work ethic, passion and desire.
Great points guys as I, too, feel the same way about Trent seen as a LOT. In that light, he will drop because Okung, Davis, Campbell, and Bulaga seem to have better LOT traits and abilities driving Trent's price and value down.

That is why I believe he goes from top 10 to top 20 if not top 25. I don't think he gets passed GB or Dal as they need OL and he can play both sides.

It will be interesting to see just how high Iupati jumps from the second. Last week he was a sure fire top of the second to mid. Now, he's an end of the first prospect. By the time he is done with the Combine, he will be a top 15-20 pick, IMO.

As a pure RT, who is better? Williams or Bulaga? Again, just RT.

I still say it is Williams. He seemed so dominant as a RT before this year, just dominant. Has his play at LT diminished some of those skills?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't put any stock in Banks, he's not a scouting guy, he's a writer who just copies other guys mocks. Literrally no different than anyone's mocks here, in fact probably less reliable.

Agreed.

Agree & this is why I feel we can get him at pick 16/17

I really hope Bulaga or someone of that caliber falls to 13. I like Williams but I don't think he is worth the 13th pick.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/03/09/nfl-mock-draft/index.html?eref=sihp

Don banks has us taking Peterson as well
He had 4 Niner picks (Mays, Bowman, Iupati, Davis) all going in the first round!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/03/09/nfl-mock-draft/index.html?eref=sihp

Don banks has us taking Peterson as well

I think the only person they would take over Peterson would be Gabbert
Share 49ersWebzone