LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 131 users in the forums

Bigwads 2010 1.0

It's one thing to wait until 2nd or 3rd round to get a Guard, but it's another thing when that Guard can be Larry Allen status. If he's a perennial probowler, then you get him in the first round. Emmitt Smith got most of his runs behind Larry Allen.

You would hope to trade down and get the same guy for a cheaper value and that is what we will try and do but you must also look at how important that player will be to the team and getting him would tremendously enhance our OL.

I agree with going with OL for both #1's unless a true game breaker is available on defense.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Joecool:
It's one thing to wait until 2nd or 3rd round to get a Guard, but it's another thing when that Guard can be Larry Allen status. If he's a perennial probowler, then you get him in the first round. Emmitt Smith got most of his runs behind Larry Allen.

You would hope to trade down and get the same guy for a cheaper value and that is what we will try and do but you must also look at how important that player will be to the team and getting him would tremendously enhance our OL.

I agree with going with OL for both #1's unless a true game breaker is available on defense.

There will be some great guards available in the second too. Asamoah, Ducasse, Mike Johnson, Zane Beadles. They'll all be available in the 2nd and will be good guards.
I don't get you guys. What is wrong with Peppers? He 10.5 sacks this year, WTF is wrong with all you?

And, Iupati is not that big of a reach at 17 and there will be an OT whose value will be around 13. This is the point.

If someone wants to say that they don't want to take OL in the first round that is fine, but you are ideology driven to come to that conclusion. Iupati is the best OG I have seen come out in years...we need him bad.

Our OL is the Achilles heal of our whole damn team. Fix it once and for all. The Jets took Ferguson and Mangold in the first round a few years back AND added a very expensive FA in Faneca. How did that work out for them. Our OL will still be cheaper than the Jets, so don't whine to me about spending too much money on the OL. None of our guys are over 5 million per year like the Jets and other teams, so in all even with these two mid first rounders we are still ok.

All I got to say is if I see Gore running into walls again next year like this year I am going to lose it. Gore gets nothing on first down and it's Smith's fault...stupid. I am sick of the people that want to dig their head in the sand about how bad this problem is.
Originally posted by bigwads:
I don't get you guys. What is wrong with Peppers? He 10.5 sacks this year, WTF is wrong with all you?

And, Iupati is not that big of a reach at 17 and there will be an OT whose value will be around 13. This is the point.

If someone wants to say that they don't want to take OL in the first round that is fine, but you are ideology driven to come to that conclusion. Iupati is the best OG I have seen come out in years...we need him bad.

Our OL is the Achilles heal of our whole damn team. Fix it once and for all. The Jets took Ferguson and Mangold in the first round a few years back AND added a very expensive FA in Faneca. How did that work out for them. Our OL will still be cheaper than the Jets, so don't whine to me about spending too much money on the OL. None of our guys are over 5 million per year like the Jets and other teams, so in all even with these two mid first rounders we are still ok.

All I got to say is if I see Gore running into walls again next year like this year I am going to lose it. Gore gets nothing on first down and it's Smith's fault...stupid. I am sick of the people that want to dig their head in the sand about how bad this problem is.

The Jets spent big money on Faneca and Woody. The difference between us and them is they have expierence to go with Ferguson and Mangold. Funny thing is Jets never even run left. When they run they run right behind Moore and Woody.
Peppers is among the highest paid (non QB) players in the NFL. Given his production, 10.5 sacks, I wouldn't expect Scotty to pursue him..
I think Peppers or anyone playing for Sing will play hard like you would for your dad at littleleague game.
Seems like a solid mock to me flashy all around. everyone may think that ol isnt flashy but to us it should b
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Peppers is among the highest paid (non QB) players in the NFL. Given his production, 10.5 sacks, I wouldn't expect Scotty to pursue him..

You are assuming he will be signed at his current inflated rate...remember that the reason he makes so much is because he has been franchised so much.
Share 49ersWebzone