There are 186 users in the forums

Not in the first but I really want tebow

Originally posted by dj43:
With the NFL moving more and more toward a passing league every year (look at Indy and NO), teams will use the spread offense, or some version of it, more and more. Threrefore, a team that has a starter now and a good QB coach, could pick Tebow and be rewarded in two years with a very tough leader who has the skills to be a threat out of the spread.

I don't see anything about Tebow that cannot be corrected but it will take a full season watching, plus all the OTA and camp time to mold his physical ability.
1.spread at college and spread at nfl is a difference
2.i think, if i consider how "fast" he releases the ball, it will take way too much time
to teach him the essential qb-things. we already have a rookie qb, who even has a learning disability. thats more than enough to teach for the next 5 years.
[ Edited by communist on Feb 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM ]
Tebow reminds me of someone we already have on the Niners. MRob. I think Tebow has more talent and is a better passer, but he is just not an NFL QB prospect at this point. Maybe he works his tail off and improves, but I just don't know. MRob's running style is I will just run the guy over and Tebow's is the same. Neither are very quick and both guys have lots of great intaligibles.
We alraedy have VD...
Tebow is garbage we just need a Dick Butkus speach. no need to waste a draft pick
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Tebow is coming from the same system that Alex Smith did, and doesnt pass as well as Smith did out of it. If people are complaining about Smith needing to play from shotgun, then they are really going to hate Tebow's conversion.

same system yes but not even close to being the same kind of passer

I think Smith was more NFL-ready as a passer than Tebow is. Tebow's throwing motion is really going to hurt him as a QB in the NFL.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Tebow is coming from the same system that Alex Smith did, and doesnt pass as well as Smith did out of it. If people are complaining about Smith needing to play from shotgun, then they are really going to hate Tebow's conversion.

same system yes but not even close to being the same kind of passer

I think Smith was more NFL-ready as a passer than Tebow is. Tebow's throwing motion is really going to hurt him as a QB in the NFL.

yup thats why i think he is gonna eventually have to change positions if he wants to stay in the NFL
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
If i saw a huge improvement in his mechanics and what not at the combine I'd consider using a 3rd rounder on Tebow.
If he's still available in the 7th, sure, why not.
the raiders will take him with their #1 pick.
Originally posted by rtj03:
I have been watching senior bowl practices and have seen many of his games and interviews - this guy is a winner and a leader.

He has Alex's physical intangibles but with the mental toughness, leadership, attitude that Alex is missing.

What are physical intangibles?

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by communist:
I have mixed feelings with Tebow. I thought for sure heading into this year that there was NO WAY he could play QB in the NFL. After watching him this year, i'm not so sure. But i'm not intrigued enough to spend a 1st or 2nd to find out.

However, if we were to be aggressive in the offseason and fill 2 needs with a couple of new starters. Then traded down from #13 to the latter portion of the 1st and picked up a 2nd. Then used or 2 1sts on 2 key new pieces. I would be ok with grabbing Tebow with our 1st 2nd round pick. Because getting that 2nd, 2nd round pick it would be like having a free pick to play with. That would be the ONLY way i'd be ok with taking the gamble.

You're an idiot!
you call yourself an idiot???

Well, I changed my mind like an idiot. So I derserved to be called one. I knew I knew what I knew about Tebow!

Krizay

This is classic and should be preserved for posterity. Were you the first poster ever warned for a personal attack on himself?

Now, just explain to me one more time. Tebow?
[Offensive lineman Uche] Nwaneri posted on the Jaguars’ Web site that, while cashing a check, a bank teller started talking about how Tebow will save the Jaguars.

So Nwaneri posted his five points on Tebow, with capital letters:

"1. He can't throw, PERIOD.

2. He can't read any coverage other than probably cover 2 or man.

3. The QB Wildcat WILL NOT WORK IN THIS LEAGUE. PERIOD.

4. He doesn’t know how to take a snap from center.

5. HE CAN’T THROW, and that’s really something you either have or not."
^^beat me to it
[ Edited by valrod33 on Feb 4, 2010 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by irishluder:
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
I'll start first.

Your an idiot. There's NO way we will EVER spend a first OR a second on Tim Tebow. Period. Done.

Next...

Lol, Harsh, but still funny.

Tebow has everything you want mentally, he just doesn't have the physical tools to play QB in the NFL any time soon...I guess if the right system found him he could flourish but the odds are stacked against him. Good kid though, very mature and well spoken, has just the right amount of confidence not to be considered cocky.

Haha By right system you mean completely reworking his throwing motion? Guy's accurate but that's going to lead to int's in the nfl with cb's breaking on the route, also he doesn't throw wr's open and trust them enough he has to see them break before he throw's it making that throwing motion worse taking even longer to get the ball out..
Give Tebow a break... people seem to think that he failed to develop things like being used to taking snaps from under center, having a perfect throwing motion, etc. because he sucks. He just never had to learn that at Florida. He didn't have too. They won with him the way he is.

He obviously has a strong work ethic, and I believe that once a coach starts actively working on him he is going to quickly develop after a year. He has the size, strength, and intangibles that you want, and makes good decisions. Its not like he is plain inaccurate either, I have seen him make some great passes.

Don't hate on him for not being good yet on something he has little experience in. He is a risk, which is why he will drop, but anybody believing he is going to bust out for simply not having any talent will be proven wrong.

I mean, we took friggin' Alex Smith with the #1 overall pick, with little intangibles, running the shotgun too! Give me Tebow after a year on the bench over Smith any day.
Share 49ersWebzone