LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Not in the first but I really want tebow

i really WANT TEBOW

I think the kid is a General in the truest sense of the word.

The cost is the problem....

at what cost......

I think with great NFL coaching there is NO problem Tebow has that CANT be fixed.

What Tebow already has....CANT be taught......

what Tebow has Can WITH OUT A DOUBT BE LOST IN THE NFL.

He is a leader....

He is going to strugle in the NFL worse then most rookies do.

He has to be protected from that or his "it" factor is gone

The Follow me in to glory thing goes out the window when even the most devote can clearly see he is in over his head......

He is a Get it done QB.....lead by example Will the team to win Kind of QB

He is not a guy like Rodgers who is so blessed that he can put the ball anywere on the field to the point were he just unstopable at times....

if Tebow cant lead by example.....he cant lead.....so he is not going to be effective.

The vast Majorty of NFL QBS are Flawed in some way or other when they came out of college.

I think in Tewbows case he is coachable....and will ROCk in the NFL....

I just think if you Put a 1st rounder in to an NFL QB you are after a guy that can function in his first or second season.

I dont think you can do that with Tebow.... I think he sits 2 to 3 years.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by kronik:
Yo, name us a QB with bad mechanics, bad footwork, slow long delivery, can't take a snap from under center that has been consistently successful in the NFL.

Can name any????????

Any you want to use a 2nd even a 1st round pick?

Thank the lord you aren't our GM.

Bernie Kosar and Philip Rivers.

LOL, I guess you are joking right?
Originally posted by rtj03:
I have been watching senior bowl practices and have seen many of his games and interviews - this guy is a winner and a leader.

He has Alex's physical intangibles but with the mental toughness, leadership, attitude that Alex is missing.

He will lead a team and put them on his shoulders. He is what we are missing at the qb spot.

I would love to have him in the 2nd even wouldnt mind using our second 1st on him.

Boy have you just opened up a can of worms! Get ready to get flamed!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
To be honest, at first I was not even close to being a Tebow fan, actually one of his biggest critics, I admit it. But after watching this kid throughout his career, his leadership, poise, moxie and will to win made me sold. Sure his mechanics will most likely hurt his stock, but IMO, that is a blessing in disguise. Expectations will surely be low, coaches and world knows hes needs to be brought along slowly in the NFL. I'm pretty sure no HC in the NFL that drafts him will be forced or force him into the line-up. So he has mechanic issues, well doesn't our OC and QB coach get paid to teach those kinds of things or do they just take him as he comes with no warranty?? Honestly I'd take him in the 3rd round if he was available, for some strange reason our past few 3rd round picks have been somewhat of disappointments, so why not let him sit and learn how and what it takes to be a QB in the NFL. I'm sure this kid has heard every single word of criticism about him, but the funny thing about him is he has some kind of a knack at proving people wrong.

(And you'd be a fool to judge him off one ALL-Star game, in which they give you one week to learn an NFL playbook, change of mechanics and chemistry with your temporary teammates.)
I would take tebow over Alex Any day .. He truley is a leader and watching him in college and the sugar bowl he definatly has the "IT" factor.. Alex is the Dumbest smart kid and CANNOT lead a team, He is there to pick up the check and Folds under pressure. How many 300+ yards games has alex had ? Not many . pick tebow play alex for 1 last year if he Alex doesnt fold before midseason.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
his slow-mo release of the football will be his downfall in the nfl. FUMBLE!

Yeah he's got the Byron Leftwich release. Ugh, it's kind of annoying watching all these noobs like ninerforyears and GMNiner invade the draft forum and say a bunch of not too smart things gives me a headache. Pick Tebow! Trade Alex for McNabb! Sign Peppers! Daft Dexter McCluster in the 1st! Don't pick oline!
I'm no talent expert, but even I can see that his release is way too f'n slow for the NFL. Unless he can correct that, he's gonna be a horrible NFL QB.

I understand all the love for Tebow being a leader and all that stuff, but IMO he is a horrible QB, thats the position he played in college but he was nothing more than another RB who throws the ball.

I just dont see him being a starting QB in the NFL, a career backup.

I really think a team is gonna have him change positions a few years down the road.
If Tebow was available in the 3rd, I'd take a strong look at him.
his release is almost like a golf swing. He brings it back slow, then rifles it out of there. He's gonna need a great QB coach and a solid OL to succeed.
I have been watching senior bowl practices and have seen many of his games and interviews - this guy is a winner and a leader.

He has Alex's physical intangibles but with the mental toughness, leadership, attitude that Alex is missing.

He will lead a team and put them on his shoulders. He is what we are missing at the qb spot.

I would love to have him in the 2nd even wouldnt mind using our second 1st on him.

What are "physical intangibles"?

If he's there in the 5th round we'll talk, but I wouldn't consider taking him til then. His skills just don't translate to the pros. He's rushing skills resembles a full back and you're not going to ask your QB to play that kind of style.

Did you just say 'physical intangibles' - thats an oxymoron if i've ever heard one...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Better use of a mid round pick!
IMO, tebow has no chance behind the 49ers' 2005 OL even with ASmith's "physical intangibles"!

i am almost dying of laughing for several minutes and i cant stop...you should really think about a career as a comedian...but plz stay away from the niners front office.
Share 49ersWebzone